Belmont at SLU next season

Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out that Belmont will be playing SLU at Chaifetz on Dec. 16.

now that is more the non conference opponent i am talking about. good.

Guest BillikenReport

A chance for Drew Hanlen to play in his hometown.

Which is also nice considering his sister will be playing for the Billikens.

belmont is one of those 100-150 rpi teams. i would take that in a home and away everytime plus we save that buy fee.

Please tell me there is not a return game involved in this.

so instead of having a home and away with belmont, you would rather pay samford about $80k for two years for home games?

i'd take the better belmont, pocket the buy money get the increased rpi opportunity and enhanced experience for our players. now multiply that times 4-5 times. makes sense to me.

so instead of having a home and away with belmont, you would rather pay samford about $80k for two years for home games?

i'd take the better belmont, pocket the buy money get the increased rpi opportunity and enhanced experience for our players. now multiply that times 4-5 times. makes sense to me.

Same argument, different thread. There are a bunch of problems doing home and homes with teams with RPIs between 100 and 150, which is where Belmont typically falls.

1) There is a very good chance we can lose the road game. Our road record has been awful since the beginning of time. Losing to a team ranked between 100 and 150 can be disaster.

2) Even if you do win all these games it does little to impress the committee. They are looking for reasons to keep non-BCS teams out of the dance and unless you win ALL these home and homes they are going to take the 1 or two losses and hold it against you. Since we probably don't have any wins against the real big boys we are stuck in that world where getting in the top 40 of the RPI doesn't mean crap, you have to get into the top 30 to really feel safe.

3) Given our t.v. situation there is little chance I'll get to see the road game in Belmont. I'd rather play Samford twice at home and sit in my seats on Saturday night watching the Bills then trying to find some choppy internet stream like the detroit game this year.

4) If this really is a home and home its yet another signal that we aren't going to get a big name home and homes started up soon. We wouldn't "waste" a home and home on a 100-150 type team if we thought we were getting top 50 teams any time soon.

Other than NashvilleBilliken, I can't understand why any poster would be excited to start up a home and home series with Belmont.

Same argument, different thread. There are a bunch of problems doing home and homes with teams with RPIs between 100 and 150, which is where Belmont typically falls.

1) There is a very good chance we can lose the road game. Our road record has been awful since the beginning of time. Losing to a team ranked between 100 and 150 can be disaster.

2) Even if you do win all these games it does little to impress the committee. They are looking for reasons to keep non-BCS teams out of the dance and unless you win ALL these home and homes they are going to take the 1 or two losses and hold it against you. Since we probably don't have any wins against the real big boys we are stuck in that world where getting in the top 40 of the RPI doesn't mean crap, you have to get into the top 30 to really feel safe.

3) Given our t.v. situation there is little chance I'll get to see the road game in Belmont. I'd rather play Samford twice at home and sit in my seats on Saturday night watching the Bills then trying to find some choppy internet stream like the detroit game this year.

4) If this really is a home and home its yet another signal that we aren't going to get a big name home and homes started up soon. We wouldn't "waste" a home and home on a 100-150 type team if we thought we were getting top 50 teams any time soon.

Other than NashvilleBilliken, I can't understand why any poster would be excited to start up a home and home series with Belmont.

I agree totally but I do see Roy's point to some extent.

Just found out that Belmont will be playing SLU at Chaifetz on Dec. 16.

So we have Belmont, SIUC, MO st, Nebraska, Chicago tourney (ND, Iowa st, Northwestern) next year. Has anyone else been hearing anything else or any of the teams I listed are they wrong?

I hate to say it, but I agree with Roy. We can't worry about losing a run game to the likes of Belmont. We need to plan on winning those games. The win may not impress the tourney committee, but should help the RPI.

I don't think the bills should be scheduling to please your ability to watch the game.

I don't see any home and homes bigger than say Mo St or SIU in the near future.

I hate to say it, but I agree with Roy. We can't worry about losing a run game to the likes of Belmont. We need to plan on winning those games. The win may not impress the tourney committee, but should help the RPI.

I don't think the bills should be scheduling to please your ability to watch the game.

I don't see any home and homes bigger than say Mo St or SIU in the near future.

Seriously people. Are you really happy about the prospect of playing home and homes with teams that traditionally have RPIs in the 100s to 150s even though we have no geographical or historical rivalry with them. I don't think I've ever met a person that graduated from Belmont. My how this program has fallen if this is what people want.

We should just go all the way and schedule all 10 MVC teams to home and homes. The final 4 non-conference games can be a tournament every year. That would kill the MVC debate and if we every found a way to win some road games maybe we could claim ourselves as champions of both the MVC and the A-10. We'd have a nice 13 game home schedule for our new arena. Is this what people want?

I really don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised. After all, Brian Conklin is from Oregon.

-if we play oregon in the Chaifetz Arena, and this is no disrespect to our team at all as i am a fan, but we should require oregon to bring their cheerleaders

-if we play oregon in the Chaifetz Arena, and this is no disrespect to our team at all as i am a fan, but we should require oregon to bring their cheerleaders

Ernie Kent was given another year at Oregon this week, and he hired former AZ assistant Mike Dunlap as Associate Head Coach to try to help him develop players.

Mark Few would have been contacted, and Few has already turned down Arizona in their search.