Breaking News

Billy Gillispie is out at Kentucky. UK bought him out and it will be announced later today.

Seems like that issue will be for the lawyers to hash out as Gillispie never signed the contract. Watched to news conferecne just concluded and both the UK President and AD see the contract as a year to year deal. Sure hope Billy has a good attorney.

Seems like that issue will be for the lawyers to hash out as Gillispie never signed the contract. Watched to news conferecne just concluded and both the UK President and AD see the contract as a year to year deal. Sure hope Billy has a good attorney.

Looks like this is Big Rick's chance to have Harrelson on his bench and have Ashley Judd behind the bench (or rather across from the bench so he could look to her for inspiration + I'm not sure she would comes to games if Big Rick is bending over for 40 minutes).

Chances Travis Ford going to be the next coach at UK?

Ford would be crazy to take the UK job. He has got it good at Oklahoma State. Now if he had a national title under his belt or a couple Final Fours it would be different. Right now he would be on a short leash just like Billie G was. A season or two with no tournament and they would forget all about his glory days as UK player.

Ford would be crazy to take the UK job. He has got it good at Oklahoma State. Now if he had a national title under his belt or a couple Final Fours it would be different. Right now he would be on a short leash just like Billie G was. A season or two with no tournament and they would forget all about his glory days as UK player.

Coaching at Kentucky would suck. 'Nuff said.

Billy D. is living the life in Florida, and Ford just came off a good year at Okie St. He has the country's most famous booster (Pickens) backing him and he will get whatever he wants.

Who takes this job? A lot of people on that board want Anderson.

Ford is an obvious choice.

What about Pitino? That would certainly make things interesting.

On Mike and Mike this morning heard the name of the Nova coached mentioned.

Gotta be someone willing to schmooze boosters and that can handle the media.

Kelvin Sampson is available as is Brad Soderberg.

Money talks an UK can offer lots of that. Also coaches always think they can do what someone else can't. Evidence all the coaches who give TO and Laurence Phillips a chance because they will succeed where someone else didn't. If you don't think you can win especially at UK then you need to find another line of work. I could win at UK.

Money talks an UK can offer lots of that. Also coaches always think they can do what someone else can't. Evidence all the coaches who give TO and Laurence Phillips a chance because they will succeed where someone else didn't. If you don't think you can win especially at UK then you need to find another line of work. I could win at UK.

Brad Soderberg wouldn't last one second as Kentucky's head coach. You wouldn't last one nanosecond as Kentucky's head coach.

Oklahoma state is THE premier school between california and north carolina.

How would you even measure that, thicks!?!?!? That's RIDICULOUS and you know it.

Thicks is in total Mizzou fan mode now. Never mind the fact that he was ready to throw Anderson under the bus a year ago. He is going to come on here and patronize Billiken fans. Fine. We all know clearly where he stands now. Just let it be known he is not a true Mizzou fan like Cow or Lefty. He is just a front runner.

The worst part about all this was his blatant attempt to use the fact that Steve went to GW and is a GW fan to cover his actions. Steve would have never acted like an ass to Billiken fans like Thicks is.

Yes, it was "necessary" because Coach Majerus made the pick in the paper. If he's in the tournament, he's too busy with his team to publish picks.

I'm NOT an admin here. I'm a moderator. And the administrator is a George Washington fan. :P

Thicks is in total Mizzou fan mode now. Never mind the fact that he was ready to throw Anderson under the bus a year ago. He is going to come on here and patronize Billiken fans. Fine. We all know clearly where he stands now. Just let it be known he is not a true Mizzou fan like Cow or Lefty. He is just a front runner.

The worst part about all this was his blatant attempt to use the fact that Steve went to GW and is a GW fan to cover his actions. Steve would have never acted like an ass to Billiken fans like Thicks is.

:P:blink: :blink: :huh:

ARE YOU SERIOUS? If you are, I recommend you see a mental health professional. You're as delusional as MakeShift from Tigerboard when he posted my name along with a bunch of Mizzou-hating Billikens fans after Missouri made the Sweet 16. You are utterly wrong. I have NEVER said anything negative about Mike Anderson. What the heck are you talking about?

And when have I dissed Billikens fans? Come back to reality.

Stop making up lies. I've been a fan of both SLU and Mizzou for 20 years.

Please tell me you're making a joke and I just didn't get it.

Firing BG after just 2 years is gonna send a shiver down anyone's spine especially on top of making Tubby's life miserable before he got smart and resigned. Still, it is KY and that's a plum job. Calipari, Barnes (TX), and Ford were mentioned on ESPN this morning. I wonder if Sean Miller's doesn't get a nod as well. He's just up the road in Cincy so bringing him in for an interview ain't gonna be real expensive. Some have mentioned Few but can't see him leaving GZ.

Calipari supposedly has said not interested, but squidman's been known to tell a tale or two. Gonna be fun to watch this one as it will likely set off a coaching chain reaction. KY will hire big time.... they have to.

You really think Ford the obvious choice. I will agree he had a good year at OK State, but those are not his players, they are Sutton's players. Let's see what he does in a few years. Also, what had done at UMASS? A NIT final four? Both Brad and Rick owned him.

Piino? I don't see that. UK boosters don't eat crow and are not going to beg him to come back.

I would go with the Nova coach or Anderson. Both are winners in both coaching and recruiting but, then again, so was Gillespie.

:P:blink: :blink: :huh:

ARE YOU SERIOUS? If you are, I recommend you see a mental health professional. You're as delusional as MakeShift from Tigerboard when he posted my name along with a bunch of Mizzou-hating Billikens fans after Missouri made the Sweet 16. You are utterly wrong. I have NEVER said anything negative about Mike Anderson. What the heck are you talking about?

And when have I dissed Billikens fans? Come back to reality.

Stop making up lies. I've been a fan of both SLU and Mizzou for 20 years.

Please tell me you're making a joke and I just didn't get it.

Don't post when you been drinking after taking ###### from a Mizzou grad friend all night. Sorry thicks. I wish I could make that post disappear.

Don't post when you been drinking after taking ###### from a Mizzou grad friend all night. Sorry thicks. I wish I could make that post disappear.

No problem. It's forgiven.

I wonder if the friend you hang out with is Tigerboard's MakeShift. If so, it's a wonder you two don't have an old-fashioned duel.