Home crowd worth 10 tonite

The Wiz

Absolutely spectacular!!!!!!! Thanks for shooting and posting that vid!

If you know how to get a Flip HD Mini Video up to Youtube in HD, let me know, and I will upload the high-quality version that is sitting on my hard drive.

Absolutely spectacular!!!!!!! Thanks for shooting and posting that vid!

The crowd was AWESOME tonight. I can't say enough. Students were outstanding. Great job Billiken05 getting everyone into the game. You're a great leader in the student section buddy.

There were several fights in Section 115 in front of us. Something you rarely see at a Billiken game. Conflict between Billiken and Flyer fans. That is a shame really. Not sure which side initiated the disturbance but security came at least twice. On incident was a very drunk UD fan giving people grief. They were not inclined to take it. Maybe too much Mardi Gras.

Here is some video I shot of the student section singing Saints Go Marching toward the end of the game. (I shot it in HD, but can't figure out how to upload to youtube in HD.)

If the student section is always that full, I am going to have to find another place for sign waving at home games.

Good problem to have for sure.

God, I hope I am not getting my hopes up too high for Atlantic City.

Wish I did Nark. Thanks Joe, my favorite was when we got everyone to crouch down and then jump up as the UD player was shooting his free throw.

Yeah, we sit in 108 across the court and it was great watching that. That has got to be distracting for the other team shooting the 'throws. There was a brawl outside too...very rowdy crowd...lot of drunks...if you come into our arena and start running your mouth, I hope you are ready to pay the price.

Yeah, we sit in 108 across the court and it was great watching that. That has got to be distracting for the other team shooting the 'throws. There was a brawl outside too...very rowdy crowd...lot of drunks...if you come into our arena and start running your mouth, I hope you are ready to pay the price.

exactly maybe they'll think twice about bringing their sweater vest wearing asses into our arena!

There were several fights in Section 115 in front of us. Something you rarely see at a Billiken game. Conflict between Billiken and Flyer fans. That is a shame really. Not sure which side initiated the disturbance but security came at least twice. On incident was a very drunk UD fan giving people grief. They were not inclined to take it. Maybe too much Mardi Gras.

That wasn't SLU fan vs. Dayton fan. It was drunk idiot SLU fan kicking the SLU fans in front of him in the back because they happened to be sitting next to a Dayton fan.

exactly maybe they'll think twice about bringing their sweater vest wearing asses into our arena!

I don't think we quite want that reputation.

Lets just have 10,600 season ticket holders so that is not a problem.

I think he was just exaggerating a bit...and actually, I'm not one that picks fights, but if I see people running their mouths off, I like to see a little backlash. I'm all for fans coming into our place and cheering respectfully..but don't come to our place and run your mouths like you own it...otherwise, you're going to get your ass kicked.

The HD version is now available on youtube:

. You just have to click on the "Watch in HD" link in the lower right hand corner of the video.

With that I can even tell that my Dad wore blue (he always wears a red jacket of some sort) :(

The HD version is now available on youtube:

. You just have to click on the "Watch in HD" link in the lower right hand corner of the video.
Great! Thanks for taking the time to post that.

I was down in that area last night instead of in my normal seats, and there were two separate incidents - one was between some young SLU fans and a group of older hoosier UD fans and the second was with some idiot UD student who was talking smack all night and then decided to get up in somebody's face.

This definitely ain't Scottrade. I love it.

My classless, juvenile side was hoping for more of the "UD-You Suck" chant, but to no avail.

That would be ideal. Too many UD fans in prime seats. People (fat cats, in particular), don't give your tickets to opposing fans, seriously.

Fortunately, most of the UD fans were relegated to the top of the arena and could not be heard, unlike at the Scottrade.

Did anyone notice those six or so roudy Dayton fans sitting at half-court opposite the benches. Were they in Biondi's seats? By the way, the students singing The Bills Go Marching In is reminiscent of the 60's. All we need are the trumpeteers marching around Chaifetz.

There also was a SLU v. SLU shouting match (courtesy of a couple too many beers by both parties I think) in my section that was handled by the police. The cop said to one of the guys' 'Look, I've had a long day alright, let's go.' and he replied 'Yeah, me too. It's MARDI GRAS!'.

Also, the guy who apparently kicked someone in the head did a fantastic job of running away from the scene...until he got to the top of the stairs and there was a cop kindly blocking his escape onto the concourse.

I was a little worried about the beach balls during the game. Glad none of them got away from the student section.

ha! the crowd sounds awesome.

however, how embarrassing was that rushing of the court? the fact the students even decided to rush was frankly mind boggling. it was really tough to watch at home and made me squirm. we really need some leadership in blue crew to hold the students back. i remember doing that during a marquette game in 2003 or 2004 when students wanted to rush. marquette wasn't even ranked! i was watching with a buddy of mine who is from washington and he busted out laughing when he saw what the students were doing.

anyway, hell of a win. this team can do some real damage in AC. i am PUMPED. don't let me down bills.