Music during game

bbill

While the band does a great job, I think we could rev the crowd up further with some additional music during the game. Ideas include:

1) Jump Around -- see You Tube videos of Wisconsin football or Miami (Ohio) hockey.

2) Sweet Caroline sing-along -- see You Tube video of Fenway Park. I think I've heard this after a couple Billiken games, but it would be more effective at some point in the second half when everyone is still around.

3) Mixing band music with current popular music (e.g., Low by Flo-Rida, Stronger by Kanye West).

Does anybody have any other ideas, or have you seen things that work at other arenas?

While the band does a great job, I think we could rev the crowd up further with some additional music during the game. Ideas include:

1) Jump Around -- see You Tube videos of Wisconsin football or Miami (Ohio) hockey.

2) Sweet Caroline sing-along -- see You Tube video of Fenway Park. I think I've heard this after a couple Billiken games, but it would be more effective at some point in the second half when everyone is still around.

3) Mixing band music with current popular music (e.g., Low by Flo-Rida, Stronger by Kanye West).

Does anybody have any other ideas, or have you seen things that work at other arenas?

I like Jump Around, but then again I am Irish and a big fan of House of Pain.

If they play Sweet Caroline I will strangle somebody.

I prefer the band over piped in music. I know it is being done everywhere now, but they could maybe do Seven Nation Army.

I prefer the band over piped in music. I know it is being done everywhere now, but they could maybe do Seven Nation Army.

jump around is the most overrated party song of all time.

sweet caroline is already taken.

we need something local, like nelly or something. he's got plenty of catchy party songs.

jump around is the most overrated party song of all time.

sweet caroline is already taken.

we need something local, like nelly or something. he's got plenty of catchy party songs.

I could think of an adaptation of "Hot in Herre" that would be truly Saintsational. B)

No way to Sweet Caroline it is ok for Baseball but not basketball.

The band needs to play Ozzie, Crazy Train. The crowd should respond appropriately with "aye aye aye" at one point and then "weeeeeeheh" at the next.

Other than that I can't think of anything else right now.

I only went to the UMSL game but I really think they need to do something better when introducing the players. Welcome to the Jungle, Crazy Train, Thunderstruck, Shoot to Thrill or even Nelly's St. Louie would be a good idea.

Music really gets the fans into the game and we need t do a better job of it.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

I prefer the band during the games, however, I would love to hear more lively music before the game. I think that would help get the crowd a little more exicted before the game, but come to think of it, most of our crowd files in with 19:10 left in the first half. I heard some old school Green Day before the game on Friday and I was shocked. Never thought I'd hear Green Day at a Billikens game.

Guest BillikenReport

Brian,

You are Irish or just drunk every time I see you?

We still have to meet up at Mom's Deli sometime.

I just wish they'd do something better with the intro if anything. We should be feeling some type of bass thumping on our chests but all we hear is something that sounds like some kid's little boom box. Turn it up! I don't even understand how the players get into it if at all. At my first game for SLU b-ball back in 95, they played "Enter Sandman" from Metallica as the intro, and even if you don't like heavy guitar riffs, it certainly put the other team on notice that they were in our house and we were ready to play. Certainly got me pumped.

Brian,

You are Irish or just drunk every time I see you?

We still have to meet up at Mom's Deli sometime.

Just Irish and the drunk part might have to do with the fact I am normally seeing you at a birthday party, wedding reception, or a Super Bowl party. I will get you to do tequila shots with us again.

I will get in touch with you about Mom's soon. I need to find a day when I can get enough time at lunch to head down there.

I agree with all that. I become the President and CEO of ChokeSlam, Inc. whenever people go apeshit at bars, games, etc. when the same f'ing songs they heard last week come on. It's not surprising that they do, but since when does one have to be surprised to hate on a *****?

I only went to the UMSL game but I really think they need to do something better when introducing the players. Welcome to the Jungle, Crazy Train, Thunderstruck, Shoot to Thrill or even Nelly's St. Louie would be a good idea.

Music really gets the fans into the game and we need t do a better job of it.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

welcome to the jungle would be hotness. they used to play it when we came out in high school. my little brother, who was like 6 at the time, would run around the bleachers screaming in peoples' faces "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, BABY, YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!" he got that from beavis and butthead though.

note to self: read all the posts first and then summarize your feelings towards them in one post, instead of three.

addendum note to self: disregard self.

You can't tell me that our pep band couldn't do better than this

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest BillikenReport

Just Irish and the drunk part might have to do with the fact I am normally seeing you at a birthday party, wedding reception, or a Super Bowl party. I will get you to do tequila shots with us again.

That might have something to do with it. And last time I saw you was at a bar for the SLU-Pittsburgh game last season.

I don't drink, so I'll have to say no to any kind of shots.

They are called the Worlds Best Pep Band according to Guy... Though I dont put much stock into a lot of things that he says

bleed, who's college pep band is better?

none. this one guy has right, however i suspect someone told him. he didnt know.

This is a great song from my college days that translates surprisingly well into a pep band song:

Note: I think the above upload (from the Maryland Pep Band) banned embedding. Here is another version from the entire Cal Marching Band:

I just wish they'd do something better with the intro if anything. We should be feeling some type of bass thumping on our chests but all we hear is something that sounds like some kid's little boom box. Turn it up! I don't even understand how the players get into it if at all. At my first game for SLU b-ball back in 95, they played "Enter Sandman" from Metallica as the intro, and even if you don't like heavy guitar riffs, it certainly put the other team on notice that they were in our house and we were ready to play. Certainly got me pumped.

And then that was stolen by the Yankees when Mariano enters in the 9th!!!!!! Damn Yanks.

That might have something to do with it. And last time I saw you was at a bar for the SLU-Pittsburgh game last season.

I don't drink, so I'll have to say no to any kind of shots.

You did some during the infamous Janet Jackson Super Bowl with me and John.

This is a great song from my college days that translates surprisingly well into a pep band song:

Note: I think the above upload (from the Maryland Pep Band) banned embedding. Here is another version from the entire Cal Marching Band:

In the late sixties the band did Louie, Louie which made more sense than Sweet Caroline and they also did the original Batman and the Billiken danced to

it; it was at least as good as the YMCA guy used to be;