RM's comments

bauman

Hate to say anything negative on a day with more good recruiting news, BUT it would be nice if our HC would stop telling our team how bad they are. Hopefully they do not play down to his expectations. Every management course I've ever taken talked about how important it was to be positiveif you want positive results.

Come on Rick, enough with the negative c*@p!!!!!!!

Hate to say anything negative on a day with more good recruiting news, BUT it would be nice if our HC would stop telling our team how bad they are. Hopefully they do not play down to his expectations. Every management course I've ever taken talked about how important it was to be positiveif you want positive results.

Did he say something else? If so, what was it?

Yeah, he needs to lighten up a bit. I'm sure the kids aren't just running a playground offense and throwing up bricks from everywhere in practice, but then, who knows? These kids are all winners though, I don't expect very many blowouts, their egos just wouldn't allow for it. As long as that damn CSTV feed works, I'm excited for what I think will be a very close game tonight.

Last year I was very upset by these types of comments but over the year I have gotten to know the Coach pretty well and as I posted earlier he is a great guy who loves his players and all of the new kids but he has no filter when he is talking to people so he is a sound bite machine. I am positive he said a lot of positive things as well but this quote was picked out of all of them and put in the paper because the writer hopes to provoke a reaction. He is building something special here and he is a great coach so we just have to live with the fact that he will occasionally be quoted in a way that would not be as politic as we would like.

We are not a good team now so what is wrong with saying so? I really had hoped some had figured out that RM is going to say what is on his mind when asked and not continually get upset when he says something about a player's development. Oh well, I am just glad the players have thicker skin then some on this board.

We are not a good team now so what is wrong with saying so? I really had hoped some had figured out that RM is going to say what is on his mind when asked and not continually get upset when he says something about a player's development. Oh well, I am just glad the players have thicker skin then some on this board.

We have a perfect record. I'm all smiles. :)

I watched BC in the NIT last night - probably a train wreck coming. I love Reed, but his body can't stay with the grown men he's going to play this year. By the end of the year, I should think we can stay with anyone's guards. It'll be next year for the big men. Saw OK last night - glad they're not in the A-10. Watched the Spiders too; they lost to Syracuse, but looked pretty good. I don't mind Majerus telling it like it is. I assume he builds up his kids when they do well, privately, but he's not going to BS the public on expectations. Part of me is expecting deer in the headlights tonight; hope our guys have more poise than I'm expecting. I DO like our talent and don't really care about our record over the next 5 games. If we're an A-10 tournament threat by the end of the year, I'll say "Good job, coach."

I like that RM just calls it as he see's it. 95% of the interviews that happen in sports, we can all quote what will be said verbatem before the interview even happens. RM knows the kids, part of him saying things is to see which kids will take it personally and work harder to become good and which kids will take it personally and mope. We all assume some kids will leave and part of what he's doing may be to help weed out which ones.

and you know that the players dont mind those statements how?

Here we go again...

Any truth to the rumor that Rick likes to drown kittens in the whirlpools at Chaifetz?

to assume that all the players are kevin bacon in animal house screaming "thank you may i have another" at every waking moment is pretty hard for me to believe.

and you know that the players dont mind those statements how?

And if the kids mind those statements, they shouldn't be playing for Rick Majerus. It's that simple. You know what you're gonna get. If the kids don't like it, then tough. I don't think we need to coddle these kids. In case you haven't noticed, we've had a plethera of weak players the last 8 years. If you are going to cry about something Rick says, what are you going to do when you brick 3 shots in a row. Our old teams folded. Hopefully our new teams will be tough. I'm sure the kids don't LIKE it when coach says something, but that is different than can they take it. Personally, I'm really starting to like Rick's comments. As Skip said, at least they are honest and not full of the same PC bull$hit we see from everybody else.

I never said in my post that the kids don't mind it - what I said was they have thicker skins then some fans. Just because you have a thick skin does not mean you still like it.

Read the Reid article on his recruitment. He watched RM in practice and that sold him. What RM tells the public is probably not what he's saying behind pulled curtains. What do you want him to say? Better yet, what can he say? He's playing 6 freshman for cripes sake. Are they a good D1 team? One game in against a D2 opponent in which they scored 48 points, hell, he doesn't even know. I think it's his way of not setting the kids up for failure. I don't think this is being unfair to his players.