Breaking recruiting news

Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the details of the injury?

I read that he had some ankle injuires that sidelined him for a while and never got a chance to get into a groove or get consistent minutes. It wasnt a knee or anything major, at least thats the impression I got from the article. They describe him as a very athletic slasher that can shoot the three- over 40percent last year.

From what I've read (plenty out there) this was a monster get. Offers from K-State and Gonzaga and his brother even played at K-State. I'm guessing he'd have probably gone to Kansas if they'd offered, but then again, maybe not. Ricky Baby must have served him up a 5 pound plate of ribs in one of the hot tubs in The Chafe. Hats off, big man, I think we're turning the corner in a BIG way.

I'm guessing we weren't really looking for another guard, but couldn't pass this kid up? Seems like he came out of nowhere, but maybe the common name just got lost in the shuffle. I'm really excited about this one. His coach says he could have scored a lot more, but he made a point of distributing and getting teammates involved, and only took over when he had to. Still, 17 a game for the class 4A state champs in Kansas is not bad at all.

I'm guessing we weren't really looking for another guard, but couldn't pass this kid up? Seems like he came out of nowhere, but maybe the common name just got lost in the shuffle. I'm really excited about this one. His coach says he could have scored a lot more, but he made a point of distributing and getting teammates involved, and only took over when he had to. Still, 17 a game for the class 4A state champs in Kansas is not bad at all.

He have been looking for a shooter for a while

So I guess Tre Lee is probably out of the running now?

Assuming Remekun redshirts our roster looks like this.

6 current Freshman

4 players commited for next year

1 player the year after that

So that leaves us with only 2 scholarships for classes of 2010 and 2011.

I tink our main targets should be a PG and a C. Fortunately we have plenty of room to be picky.

Assuming Remekun redshirts our roster looks like this.

6 current Freshman

4 players commited for next year

1 player the year after that

So that leaves us with only 2 scholarships for classes of 2010 and 2011.

I tink our main targets should be a PG and a C. Fortunately we have plenty of room to be picky.

I'm sorry, who is the "1 player the year after that"?

Given RM's track record, i'm going to be surprised if no one leaves.

I'm sorry, who is the "1 player the year after that"?

Given RM's track record, i'm going to be surprised if no one leaves.

that is cory remekun. I agree someone will probbaly leave but Still we are in pretty good shape regardless

Guest BillikenReport

It would probably make the most sense to recruit a point guard next year who would be a freshman when Kwamain Mitchell is a junior.

The backup point guard spot should be fine next year with guys like Cassity, Cotto and Salecich all having the ability to see some minutes there.

At this point, SLU has enough depth with these two recruiting classes to just start looking to add better talent. Like I've said before, SLU didn't need another shooting guard like Salecich. So Salecich must be good enough to upgrade the talent level at that position. Same thing now with Reid. He must be a good enough upgrade at that position to use a scholarship on.

The next obvious need is another big guy, because you can never have enough of those. But the depth in the post next year will be better than it has been for a long time, with Thompson, Reed, Conklin, Smith and Remekun.

It would probably make the most sense to recruit a point guard next year who would be a freshman when Kwamain Mitchell is a junior.

The backup point guard spot should be fine next year with guys like Cassity, Cotto and Salecich all having the ability to see some minutes there.

At this point, SLU has enough depth with these two recruiting classes to just start looking to add better talent. Like I've said before, SLU didn't need another shooting guard like Salecich. So Salecich must be good enough to upgrade the talent level at that position. Same thing now with Reid. He must be a good enough upgrade at that position to use a scholarship on.

The next obvious need is another big guy, because you can never have enough of those. But the depth in the post next year will be better than it has been for a long time, with Thompson, Reed, Conklin, Smith and Remekun.

I agree, we should b very picky with our shollies. i know the coaches like Nathn Scheer. I also think It would be nice to look at Brad Beal.

Guest BillikenReport

I agree, we should b very picky with our shollies. i know the coaches like Nathn Scheer. I also think It would be nice to look at Brad Beal.

I'm sure they've looked at Beal.

He was supposed to have visited campus to watch a practice recently.

Next year, SLU will have one schollie if PE does not return to play his senior year. Now if they sign a fifth guy then there won't be any more schollies - am I correct on this?

I believe two, you are alotted 13 and we have 11 guys who will be on shcolarship next year

Usually when you sign 3 bigs in one class, at least one of them will transfer because there are 2 spots. I dont want to speculate which one that will be with this group, but I remember when Arizona brought in Channing Frye, Isaiah Fox, and Dennis Latimore, I knew one would transfer and it was Latimore. When Duke brought in Shelden Williams, Shavlik Randolph and Michael Thompson, I knew one of them would transfer. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not thats where one of the additional scholarships would come from. As of right now you would have 12 guys on scholarship for next year with 6 sophomores, 1 junior, and 4 true freshman and 1 redshirt freshman. That would leave one open for 2010 and one 2011 if no one leaves.

Usually when you sign 3 bigs in one class, at least one of them will transfer because there are 2 spots. I dont want to speculate which one that will be with this group, but I remember when Arizona brought in Channing Frye, Isaiah Fox, and Dennis Latimore, I knew one would transfer and it was Latimore. When Duke brought in Shelden Williams, Shavlik Randolph and Michael Thompson, I knew one of them would transfer. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not thats where one of the additional scholarships would come from. As of right now you would have 12 guys on scholarship for next year with 6 sophomores, 1 junior, and 4 true freshman and 1 redshirt freshman. That would leave one open for 2010 and one 2011 if no one leaves.

the 1 jr. may very well not be on scholarship

Here's the premium story from Scout.com:

http://saintlouis.scout.com/a.z?s=437&p=2&c=813458

Nate, when you post a link, are you assuming we can read the story? The link only gives you an opportunity to sign up unless you already belong. If you're just making it convenient for the guys that already belong, fine...but you get my hopes up... :)