Breaking recruiting news

Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many did Griffey have against McCluer last night? McCluer's tallest player was 6'4'' and Griffey did NOTHING! Will Kirksey is a better player than Griffey.He won't see the floor at Illinois!

I guess you don't think the difference in the guard play between the schools had anything to do with Griffey being held to 15 points?

Guest BillikenReport

I guess you don't think the difference in the guard play between the schools had anything to do with Griffey being held to 15 points?

Obviously this person is just here to try to get a rise out of the board. Maybe the moderators will lock this thread and everyone can ignore this person and not give him the attention he's looking for.

Obviously this person is just here to try to get a rise out of the board. Maybe the moderators will lock this thread and everyone can ignore this person and not give him the attention he's looking for.

Some quick questions Nate.

Beside Beal who impressed you last night?

What happened to Pierson?

Did you call into 1380 quick enough yesterday?

Next year, SLU will have one schollie if PE does not return to play his senior year. Now if they sign a fifth guy then there won't be any more schollies - am I correct on this?

PE only gets half an athletic scholie...hell for sure be here next year even though he could graduate after the year is over...as for senior year not sure about that.

Calm down. Geez! I do understand that you want to promote high school basketball in St.Louis and that's fine. The reality is that St.louis is not a hotbed for high major talent. There are always several good low major and DII Players to chose from. Many of them won't make at that level and end up at NAIA schools.

Wheres Scott Suggs from...I thought he was playing DI ball...also whats with this guy and why does everyone keep giving him the attention he wants, he obviously is just some prick who loves to hide behind a computer screen and just say what he knows will piss everyone off. Dude its really not as cool as you think. Actually now that I think of it...Maybe you should actually go to each and every D1 coach who has ever recruited a STL player and tell him how stupid he is for recruiting such a terrible player. Also dont forget to tell all the players in STL they're no good and to just go play DII ball because OBVIOUSLY no D1 school will ever want them. Then just to make sure everyone gets a peice of your vast and unrivaled basketball genious make sure you go to Majarus and tell him how horrible a coach he is. Tell him that what he did at Ball St and Utah were nothing and that anyone could do it. Tell him that his players are terrible and they have no chance to win more than 12 games...then make sure you tell his players because they'll want to know how terrible they are too. After you've done all this, then you should run for basketball dictator of the world and by run I mean appoint yourself because no ones basketball knowlege rivals your own, not even Dick Vital's. Then everyone will come to you with their basketball questions and you will answer all by telling them "No one in the world is worthy to play varsity basketball in Philly and New York, unless of course said player is from New York or Philly." After you get bored with the constant stream of basketball related questions you realize what you must do. So you round up all of the non Philly and non New York...and sure the non Chicago players, cause hey Derrick Rose is pretty good you thought, and you put all these "inferior" basketball players in your "camps" so they will all work hard to be better basketball players. What they dont know is that you're secretly using these camps to actually kill them all, thus making a pure basketball race of only the best players. Then when the time comes you will take your super basketball army all over the galaxy, challenging all who stand before you because you know that with your New Phillygioans, as you now call them, no one can defeat you. But sadly before one of your games against the Wookiee from Kashyyyk, you are assassinated by an insane man from you guessed it, Saint Louis, for all the slanderous things you said about his fair city. Then in their disarray, your team looses in quadruple over time by one point on a full court shot at the buzzer...thus ending your 1000 year reign of basketball tyranny. On a more serious note though, Guy, really what you say doesnt matter at all. Say what you will but your comments are still ridiculous and arent based on any more "fact" than my story here. People like you make people like you look bad by being even more stupid than they usually are.

He scored 52 against CBC. Does that make him High Major? Heck no! He should have scored 70 against CBC. They are not very good. How many did Beal have aginst McCluer? The kid is Low Major at best.

There's no coming back from this comment. You dogged this kid prior to the game, then he comes out and score 52, the most I can remember someone in this area scoring in my lifetime and this is how you respond.

O

n another note, Marquette has a 6'6 freshman who is putting up great numbers so far this season. His name is Ryan Rosburg. He had 22 points last night. I'm pretty sure he is the younger brother of former Marquette star Andy Rosburg.

6'7 guard Kevin Dwyer had a monster stat line last night vs Notre Dame, 27pts 13rebs, 7asts, and 4blks. His teammate Will Clark had 18pts, 13rebs, and 6blks.

6'5 sophomore guard Ben McLemore had 17pts and 11rebs, and 2 dunks last night against Washington HS.

Guest BillikenReport

Some quick questions Nate.

Beside Beal who impressed you last night?

What happened to Pierson?

1) Lonnie Boga has played well the two times I've seen him this year. Lockhart took over the overtime, but it was mostly with layups because he's struggled with his outside shot. Brandon Hannah impressed me in the semifinals, but he's four inches too short to play college hoops.

2) Pierson has gotten stronger and lost weight. He looks much better. Someone told me on Friday that Pierson was still recovering from his injury for his entire sophomore season. He struggled with foul trouble in the two games I watched at Pattonville. He also got T'd up against Chaminade. He's got to keep working hard to get better and CBC has to work to get him more touches and shots inside.

3) I did not. I got a phone call from a friend tipping me off about it, but I got the message about an hour or two too late. I called into 1380 later and told them I listen to the station for most of the day, but I turn off my radio for three hours in the middle of the day. If I had heard it, I'm not sure I would have called in anyway. I don't want to be associated with that person in any way.

I did not. I got a phone call from a friend tipping me off about it, but I got the message about an hour or two too late. I called into 1380 later and told them I listen to the station for most of the day, but I turn off my radio for three hours in the middle of the day. If I had heard it, I'm not sure I would have called in anyway. I don't want to be associated with that person in any way.

:huh: Anyone care to explain what happened on 1380 Friday?

I guess McClemore is high major also? Maybe Dwyer and Rosburg will end up at UConn or Memphis. I believe you were the one that said Anthony James was a DI player. The coaching staff at UNI said the kid can't play at their level. He won't be there next year and might be home for good in a couple of weeks. The local DII schools are not even interested. He will end up at Missouri Baptist or Harris Stowe.

There's no coming back from this comment. You dogged this kid prior to the game, then he comes out and score 52, the most I can remember someone in this area scoring in my lifetime and this is how you respond.

O

n another note, Marquette has a 6'6 freshman who is putting up great numbers so far this season. His name is Ryan Rosburg. He had 22 points last night. I'm pretty sure he is the younger brother of former Marquette star Andy Rosburg.

6'7 guard Kevin Dwyer had a monster stat line last night vs Notre Dame, 27pts 13rebs, 7asts, and 4blks. His teammate Will Clark had 18pts, 13rebs, and 6blks.

6'5 sophomore guard Ben McLemore had 17pts and 11rebs, and 2 dunks last night against Washington HS.

Dude, calm the heck down!

Wheres Scott Suggs from...I thought he was playing DI ball...also whats with this guy and why does everyone keep giving him the attention he wants, he obviously is just some prick who loves to hide behind a computer screen and just say what he knows will piss everyone off. Dude its really not as cool as you think. Actually now that I think of it...Maybe you should actually go to each and every D1 coach who has ever recruited a STL player and tell him how stupid he is for recruiting such a terrible player. Also dont forget to tell all the players in STL they're no good and to just go play DII ball because OBVIOUSLY no D1 school will ever want them. Then just to make sure everyone gets a peice of your vast and unrivaled basketball genious make sure you go to Majarus and tell him how horrible a coach he is. Tell him that what he did at Ball St and Utah were nothing and that anyone could do it. Tell him that his players are terrible and they have no chance to win more than 12 games...then make sure you tell his players because they'll want to know how terrible they are too. After you've done all this, then you should run for basketball dictator of the world and by run I mean appoint yourself because no ones basketball knowlege rivals your own, not even Dick Vital's. Then everyone will come to you with their basketball questions and you will answer all by telling them "No one in the world is worthy to play varsity basketball in Philly and New York, unless of course said player is from New York or Philly." After you get bored with the constant stream of basketball related questions you realize what you must do. So you round up all of the non Philly and non New York...and sure the non Chicago players, cause hey Derrick Rose is pretty good you thought, and you put all these "inferior" basketball players in your "camps" so they will all work hard to be better basketball players. What they dont know is that you're secretly using these camps to actually kill them all, thus making a pure basketball race of only the best players. Then when the time comes you will take your super basketball army all over the galaxy, challenging all who stand before you because you know that with your New Phillygioans, as you now call them, no one can defeat you. But sadly before one of your games against the Wookiee from Kashyyyk, you are assassinated by an insane man from you guessed it, Saint Louis, for all the slanderous things you said about his fair city. Then in their disarray, your team looses in quadruple over time by one point on a full court shot at the buzzer...thus ending your 1000 year reign of basketball tyranny. On a more serious note though, Guy, really what you say doesnt matter at all. Say what you will but your comments are still ridiculous and arent based on any more "fact" than my story here. People like you make people like you look bad by being even more stupid than they usually are.

O

Update on Dwyer he had 24 points last night 12/9/08. His other stats aren't in the boxscore yet. This kid is really bringing it this year. He's averaging 19ppg 7rpg, and 3apg. Those rebound and assist numbers will probably rise when the stats are updated. Keep an eye on this kid.

Jeff Reid video - the following is a link to kansas prep zone site - WIBW TV in Topeka.

http://www.wibw.com/ksprepzone Go to the Hayden vs Perry-Lecompton game at HAYDEN.

Reid scored 30 tonight against a team mentioned as a possible contender in 4A this year. Our league opponents will be better - but still it does show some of his scoring potential. I know we all think he is our best player ever and that may not translate to "great" D-1 star. But I have a good feeling that you got something here that other coaches will wonder "why didn't we see what Majerus did?"

Jeff Reid video - the following is a link to kansas prep zone site - WIBW TV in Topeka.

http://www.wibw.com/ksprepzone Go to the Hayden vs Perry-Lecompton game at HAYDEN.

Reid scored 30 tonight against a team mentioned as a possible contender in 4A this year. Our league opponents will be better - but still it does show some of his scoring potential. I know we all think he is our best player ever and that may not translate to "great" D-1 star. But I have a good feeling that you got something here that other coaches will wonder "why didn't we see what Majerus did?"

Nice dunk at the end of the highlights - http://www.wibw.com/highschoolbasketball/misc/36066644.html

Wow, thanks for the video. Did anyone notice how far back he was hitting those 3's? I counted at least 2 three's a foot behind the line. Also, impressive drunk at the end there. It's only one video, but it kind of explains to me why Majerus picked up ANOTHER shooting guard.

Nice dunk at the end of the highlights - http://www.wibw.com/highschoolbasketball/misc/36066644.html

"Oh my God, Reid is a baller!" - where do I sign up for my Jeff Reid SLU jersey already? Im drinking the Kool Aid.

Im impressed though. Granted it is high school competition, but in one game's highlights he hit 3's, scored inside, had a midrange jumper and even had a turn around jumper off the block. He looks like he will fill the Cotto hole nicely.

Wow, thanks for the video. Did anyone notice how far back he was hitting those 3's? I counted at least 2 three's a foot behind the line. Also, impressive drunk at the end there. It's only one video, but it kind of explains to me why Majerus picked up ANOTHER shooting guard.

There are a few "drunks" in the stands there - most of them don't drink anymore - but I would not call them "impressive". :lol:

And you have to forgive our local TV guys, most of them are right out of college and they tend to imitate ESPN types. But don't all of them try? That guy that Reid hit with the elbow played very agressive against Jeff - just too short to be effective. That defender is very quick and he made that elbow shot look more deadly than it really was. Hopefully we will have some video down the line that shows some of Reid's defensive work and passing ability. It is at a very high level for this area's high school game.

• 1 year later...