Breaking recruiting news

Guest BillikenReport

Beal is a good player, but it's too early to be talking about High Major schools. If Kansas can't offer kids any better than Beal they are in trouble. If he was that good SLU would be all over him.

I think it was stated earlier by someone else, but if the last 3 national champions Florida and Kansas think he's good enough, I dont see how many can argue. The high-major schools usually get in on players this early, they almost have to. What an odd way to use your first post. Beal will likely be a 20ppg scorer from here on out in his career, and he might still grow.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

STLhoops, I hope you have some idea about the top talent across the nation. Beal doesn't even compare. Don't get too excited just yet.

I think it was stated earlier by someone else, but if the last 3 national champions Florida and Kansas think he's good enough, I dont see how many can argue.

Guest BillikenReport

STLhoops, I hope you have some idea about the top talent across the nation. Beal doesn't even compare. Don't get too excited just yet.

I am sure Billy Donovan and Bill Self know more about the top talent across the nation than you do. Unless you are Roy Williams.

No, I'm not Roy Williams, but I'm sure I know more about the top talent across the nation than you and STLhoops. You two do a decent job reporting on local talent, but have no clue about the top talent in the country. You put Beal in the NYC or Philadelphia PA public high league and he's lucky to make the JV team.

I am sure Billy Donovan and Bill Self know more about the top talent across the nation than you do. Unless you are Roy Williams.

Guest BillikenReport

No, I'm not Roy Williams, but I'm sure I know more about the top talent across the nation than you and STLhoops. You two do a decent job reporting on local talent, but have no clue about the top talent in the country. You put Beal in the NYC or Philadelphia PA public high league and he's lucky to make the JV team.

Great. Another one of those posts about how the top players from St. Louis don't compare to anyone from Chicago or New York or Philadelphia.

Congrats. I hope you feel better about yourself now.

The FACT is that top college basketball programs recruit players from St. Louis when they feel like those players can help their programs.

Your opinion may be that those players aren't any good, which is fine, but I'd rather take the opinions from those college basketball coaches than an anonymous message board poster with zero credibility who has made three posts about one high school player. But feel free to give me your name and your credentials and we can talk further.

Calm down. Geez! I do understand that you want to promote high school basketball in St.Louis and that's fine. The reality is that St.louis is not a hotbed for high major talent. There are always several good low major and DII Players to chose from. Many of them won't make at that level and end up at NAIA schools.

Great. Another one of those posts about how the top players from St. Louis don't compare to anyone from Chicago or New York or Philadelphia.

Congrats. I hope you feel better about yourself now.

The FACT is that top college basketball programs recruit players from St. Louis when they feel like those players can help their programs.

Your opinion may be that those players aren't any good, which is fine, but I'd rather take the opinions from those college basketball coaches than an anonymous message board poster with zero credibility who has made three posts about one high school player. But feel free to give me your name and your credentials and we can talk further.

Calm down. Geez! I do understand that you want to promote high school basketball in St.Louis and that's fine. The reality is that St.louis is not a hotbed for high major talent. There are always several good low major and DII Players to chose from. Many of them won't make at that level and end up at NAIA schools.

Convenient change-up on the argument. I don't think anyone is comparing St. Louis talent overall to NYC, Chicago, Philly, etc.

That doesn't mean there isn't some high major talent in STL. Jeez. We get it that the average quality of player is not as great as that in huge metro areas like NYC, Chicago, Philly, etc. But some of the top STL players each year could play anywhere in the country. We're not talking Sebastian Telfair style do whatever you want type of play, but they could certainly be at least a role player, possibly starter just about anywhere. I haven't seen a high school basketball game in years, anywhere, so I'm not a good reference as to specific players. But it's just stupid to think some of the best STL players are automatically worse than most of the NYC or Philly players.

mn, before you get all conceited on us, why dont you indeed reveal yourself and your credentials as nate does? we might be more inclined to understand your very condescending statements when you demonstrate that your background indeed gives you the right to make the statement above and expect us to be more respectful of it.

second, when you say "top talent", how are you defining such? imo, the fact that top coaches are indeed following this kid surely speaks volumes about his potential. and we arent talking about the entire st louis talent base like you seem to think.

while we indeed dont have the quanity of players playing on top 40 teams that the likes of california, florida, new york, and texas might, the truth is st louis does place players at good schools. illinois is bringing in tyler griffey next season, the tyrus kid is at florida right now, jared swopshire is at louisville, scott suggs and justin dentmon are at washington, siu roster is typically full of st louis area kids, etc. so to insinuate that st louis is only an naia or d-3 feed for talent is flat out wrong. st louis has d-1 recruits.

Jimbo, try reading the entire post before you make stupid comments. I said that St.louis was not a hotbed for High Major talent. Never said anything about St.Louis players being AUTOMATICALLY worse than NYC and Philly players. Heck, try attending two high school games this year before making anymore comments.(LOL)

That doesn't mean there isn't some high major talent in STL. Jeez. We get it that the average quality of player is not as great as that in huge metro areas like NYC, Chicago, Philly, etc. But some of the top STL players each year could play anywhere in the country. We're not talking Sebastian Telfair style do whatever you want type of play, but they could certainly be at least a role player, possibly starter just about anywhere. I haven't seen a high school basketball game in years, anywhere, so I'm not a good reference as to specific players. But it's just stupid to think some of the best STL players are automatically worse than most of the NYC or Philly players.

Jimbo, try reading the entire post before you make stupid comments. I said that St.louis was not a hotbed for High Major talent. Never said anything about St.Louis players being AUTOMATICALLY worse than NYC and Philly players. Heck, try attending two high school games this year before making anymore comments.(LOL)

Right on!! Jimbo's a big dummyhead.

Yawn. You say: "You put Beal in the NYC or Philadelphia PA public high league and he's lucky to make the JV team. " I think probably BillikenReport and STLHoopsInsider (the two top authorities on local talent that I know of on this board) would both say that for his age group, Beal is among the best if not the best player in STL. So yeah, I think it's reasonable to infer from your statement that St. Louis players are automatically worse than NYC and Philly players. I stated upfront that I never watch high school basketball. If you have seen the players play that you claim to have, I defer to you in high school basketball recruiting knowledge. But you're not going to win a semantics battle with me, I can promise you that.

Jimbo, me trying to win a battle with you doesn't prove anything. What's with your last statement," I can promise you that." Are you the Messiah of this board are someting? After reading some of your posts you are not saying much of anything! Talk to me.

Yawn. You say: "You put Beal in the NYC or Philadelphia PA public high league and he's lucky to make the JV team. " I think probably BillikenReport and STLHoopsInsider (the two top authorities on local talent that I know of on this board) would both say that for his age group, Beal is among the best if not the best player in STL. So yeah, I think it's reasonable to infer from your statement that St. Louis players are automatically worse than NYC and Philly players. I stated upfront that I never watch high school basketball. If you have seen the players play that you claim to have, I defer to you in high school basketball recruiting knowledge. But you're not going to win a semantics battle with me, I can promise you that.

Guest BillikenReport

Never said anything about St.Louis players being AUTOMATICALLY worse than NYC and Philly players.

You said: "You put Beal in the NYC or Philadelphia PA public high league and he's lucky to make the JV team."

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you don't have anything to back it up.

Here's the thing...

I've heard the same old tired St. Louis basketball is nothing like "insert name of bigger city here" basketball for years. It's fine. But the fact is that there are very good basketball players who come out of the St. Louis area — guys who go on to play in the NBA or at major colleges, etc. — and to say that basketball in this area is no good is absolutely incorrect.

Basically, there is a McDonald's All-American and/or NBA first round draft pick out of St. Louis every few years — with guys like Larry Hughes, Darius Miles and David Lee in the last dozen or so years — and a high-major college prospect or two just about every year. That is far from enough to call St. Louis a hotbed of basketball talent, but also makes it inaccurate to say there are no good basketball players that come from this area.

Are you the Messiah of this board are someting? After reading some of your posts you are not saying much of anything! Talk to me.

Nope, I'm just REALLY intelligent. And pretty confident about that. I bring nothing to this board in terms of firsthand high school recruiting knowledge. And without credentials on your behalf as others have requested, I have no reason to assume that you do either. I simply applied the transitive property to the variables of A (skill of average NYC or Philly high school varsity basketball player), B (skill of Bradley Beal, based on the opinions of STLHoopsInsider, BillikenReport and the high major head basketball coaches who are recruiting him) and C (skill of STL high school varsity basketball players who are worse for their age group than Bradley Beal). You seem to state that A > B > C. That just doesn't make sense to me. Probably doesn't to you either. Either these big-time coaches should be recruiting every varsity player in NYC and Philly, or you're a bit over the top in your understatement of Beal's abilities, and the abilities of the top STL players in general. This is really all contingent on who you actually are. I've already revealed that I know nothing about high school basketball talent. However, you haven't revealed the inverse, and it makes your claims suspect until you do so.

That was fun. Back to work.

So what are you thoughts on Shaquille Boga, Ben McLemore, Christian Kirk, Keonte Minor, Charles Joy, Dantiel Daniels and Javier Duren?

WOW! That was pretty darn good. You sure told me a thing or two! Let's change topics. I'm more than sure that The Billikens won't win 12 games this year. RM doesn't understand that he must put the better players in the game to win. This year will be worse than last. FACT!

Nope, I'm just REALLY intelligent. And pretty confident about that. I bring nothing to this board in terms of firsthand high school recruiting knowledge. And without credentials on your behalf as others have requested, I have no reason to assume that you do either. I simply applied the transitive property to the variables of A (skill of average NYC or Philly high school varsity basketball player), B (skill of Bradley Beal, based on the opinions of STLHoopsInsider, BillikenReport and the high major head basketball coaches who are recruiting him) and C (skill of STL high school varsity basketball players who are worse for their age group than Bradley Beal). You seem to state that A > B > C. That just doesn't make sense to me. Probably doesn't to you either. Either these big-time coaches should be recruiting every varsity player in NYC and Philly, or you're a bit over the top in your understatement of Beal's abilities, and the abilities of the top STL players in general. This is really all contingent on who you actually are. I've already revealed that I know nothing about high school basketball talent. However, you haven't revealed the inverse, and it makes your claims suspect until you do so.

That was fun. Back to work.

They would be the last picks in a high school gym class game in Philly.

Are we talking scooterhockey or basketball? Because I think you need to get out and watch more scooterhockey before you just spout off about something like that.

WOW! That was pretty darn good. You sure told me a thing or two! Let's change topics. I'm more than sure that The Billikens won't win 12 games this year. RM doesn't understand that he must put the better players in the game to win. This year will be worse than last. FACT!

Some might call that an opinion, but hey, it's obvious that these simple details are lost on you.