Daniel Lisch now a Billiken

Just noticed this on the Official SLU site. Daniel Lisch will be a Billiken. We assume that he is a hard nosed competitor so he should be a good quality walk on.

See the link:

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../072508aaa.html

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my math was off. I was thinking we only had 1 scholarship left for next year but we did have 2.

Well 1 free year of SLU is better than none.

Should we look at this as some sort of sign that there isn't much out there? Giving a scholarship to a player who avg 9 ppg in HS doesn't bode too well.

Does TLIII have a little brother that we can finish the class off with?

I think he gave him the scholly to further cement the fact he's a big meanie who doesn't care about his players.

It means the scholly wasn't being used, Daniel's probably a good defender who can help out in practice along with just being a nice gesture towards the Lisch family.

Jimbo, that's a wee bit perverted. I have half a mind... to delete the post. I'll think about it. Do you have any suggestions about what changes might be made to the post to keep me from removing it?

it's totally perverted! now i'm not much of a critical thinker, but it's gotta be:

a. the carbondale reference

b. stainproof

c. the erotic picture of the soccerball.

d. none of the above

Just noticed this on the Official SLU site. Daniel Lisch will be a Billiken. We assume that he is a hard nosed competitor so he should be a good quality walk on.

See the link:

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../072508aaa.html

[/quote

I have seen Daniel on campus several times dressed in basketball attire and with his Dad, and I wondered what was up.

isnt it unbelieveable. especially since nate assured us earlier this year that daniel wasnt good enough to be on the all metro team and definitely not good enough to be on a division one roster with a scholarship. good for daniel.

while it is just for a year, the difference between this and what mitchell and relephorde got is that they were never told up front this is only a one year deal. assuming daniel redshirts, he still will have a four year career elsewhere on his terms.

isnt it unbelieveable. especially since nate assured us earlier this year that daniel wasnt good enough to be on the all metro team and definitely not good enough to be on a division one roster with a scholarship. good for daniel.

while it is just for a year, the difference between this and what mitchell and relephorde got is that they were never told up front this is only a one year deal. assuming daniel redshirts, he still will have a four year career elsewhere on his terms.

Well maybe since he was definately on campus and definately had been playing basketball the couple times I saw him, he had been working on his game.

Where does it say in the article it is just for 1 year?

Not sure why you are trying to throw Nate under the bus here. From everything I heard, Lisch was headed to D-III Fontbonne, which is far from a D-I school. So I wouldn't think he was getting a whole lot of looks, especially from D-I schools. Am I happy to see him on board at SLU? Sure, but the mudslinging isn't needed here.

Not sure why you are trying to throw Nate under the bus here. From everything I heard, Lisch was headed to D-III Fontbonne, which is far from a D-I school. So I wouldn't think he was getting a whole lot of looks, especially from D-I schools. Am I happy to see him on board at SLU? Sure, but the mudslinging isn't needed here.

because nate made a huge spectacle riduculing me for saying that daniel belonged on the all area team in some capacity before some of the missouri players nate put on the team.

and while i understand daniel was headed to fontbonne, rickma picked daniel to give a full ride athletic scholarship to and not all those players nate assured us were better than daniel. either nate was wrong on his all metro assessments, or rickma is wrong on who he is giving full ride scholarships to. one or the other.

C'mon Roy, you are being a jerk. I think it is great Majerus is giving the kid a scholarship for a year and a spot on the team, but we all know that this is a walk-on deal that probably would not have happened but for the relationship with Kevin and the open scholarship. It is amazing to me that you slant the facts of this situation to unjustifiably criticize Nate. This arrangement doesn't impact Nate's objective assessment of the kid in any way.

Guest BillikenReport

Roy,

It's funny how you trash Paul Eckerle coming to SLU and contributing to the Billikens. We'll see if you say the same things about Daniel Lisch. I doubt it.

Should we revisit the conversation where I said Daniel Lisch should try to walk on at SLU, but you didn't think that would happen because the Lisch family wasn't happy with Majerus and what was happening at SLU?

I don't see Daniel Lisch contributing to the Billikens as much as Eckerle did this past season. I didn't see Eckerle contributing that much that soon, either. Eckerle was a lot better high school player than Daniel Lisch. There's no comparison there. That's probably why Eckerle was being recruited by a lot more schools and wasn't going to go D-3.

because nate made a huge spectacle riduculing me for saying that daniel belonged on the all area team in some capacity before some of the missouri players nate put on the team.

and while i understand daniel was headed to fontbonne, rickma picked daniel to give a full ride athletic scholarship to and not all those players nate assured us were better than daniel. either nate was wrong on his all metro assessments, or rickma is wrong on who he is giving full ride scholarships to. one or the other.

Or the Lisch's happen to be SLU's first family at the moment.

C'mon Roy, you are being a jerk. I think it is great Majerus is giving the kid a scholarship for a year and a spot on the team, but we all know that this is a walk-on deal that probably would not have happened but for the relationship with Kevin and the open scholarship. It is amazing to me that you slant the facts of this situation to unjustifiably criticize Nate. This arrangement doesn't impact Nate's objective assessment of the kid in any way.

that is incorrect. rickma approached daniel. daniel was set to go to fontbonne on an academic scholarship and rickma came to him and gave him the one year athletic scholarship.

daniel was given the spot because of his outstanding defense and the potential he has as a basketball player.

if rickma is so generous he is now giving full rides to players undeserving, it makes all the moves at year end even more perplexing. sorry david, the truth is that nate indeed missed a number of deserving all metro players from the east side. i am not saying daniel was deserved of first team, but he and other eastsiders should have been at least mentioned in the list.

the jerk was nate back a few months ago when i questioned why the overwhelming number of missouri players on his list. yet you never bothered to put him on the spot like you are now david. you are wrong.

Roy,

It's funny how you trash Paul Eckerle coming to SLU and contributing to the Billikens. We'll see if you say the same things about Daniel Lisch. I doubt it.

Should we revisit the conversation where I said Daniel Lisch should try to walk on at SLU, but you didn't think that would happen because the Lisch family wasn't happy with Majerus and what was happening at SLU?

I don't see Daniel Lisch contributing to the Billikens as much as Eckerle did this past season. I didn't see Eckerle contributing that much that soon, either. Eckerle was a lot better high school player than Daniel Lisch. There's no comparison there. That's probably why Eckerle was being recruited by a lot more schools and wasn't going to go D-3.

didnt think you would take back your comments. good job nate. this season why dont you take a few trips across the river instead of staying west of 270 all year long.

btw, daniel didnt walk on because he wasnt going to pay $40k for tuition and room and board when he had a full ride to fontbonne. surely you can even understand that. eckerle already had a full ride academic scholarship to slu at the time. no one was asking him to walk on and pay his own way.

that is incorrect. rickma approached daniel. daniel was set to go to fontbonne on an academic scholarship and rickma came to him and gave him the one year athletic scholarship.

daniel was given the spot because of his outstanding defense and the potential he has as a basketball player.

if rickma is so generous he is now giving full rides to players undeserving, it makes all the moves at year end even more perplexing. sorry david, the truth is that nate indeed missed a number of deserving all metro players from the east side. i am not saying daniel was deserved of first team, but he and other eastsiders should have been at least mentioned in the list.

the jerk was nate back a few months ago when i questioned why the overwhelming number of missouri players on his list. yet you never bothered to put him on the spot like you are now david. you are wrong.

Roy, you blasted those who thought Josh H should have been offered out of high school, your reasoning being that his other offer was Western Illinois. With that rationale, why aren't you blasting Rick for bringing on a guy who could do no better than Fontbonne?????? You are losing all credibility on this board because you are consistently changing your position solely to carry out a vendetta against those you don't like. Trying to turn this situation against Nate is absurd. Providing Daniel with the scholarship for a year is a great gesture by Rick - to suggest that it somehow refutes Nate's evaluation of his talent is ridiculous. Stop allowing your bitterness to dominate your posts. You used to be a great contributor to this board - now you come across as petty and irrational.

Or the Lisch's happen to be SLU's first family at the moment.

Does the Lisch family pass the Luechtefeld family as the all-time Billiken 1st family?

Does the Lisch family pass the Luechtefeld family as the all-time Billiken 1st family?

That's a good question. Except for Ryan, I didn't see any other Lucks, how many were there and was their contribution or value to their teams more than Theresa and Kevin"s?

My vote based upon my personal knowledge would have to give the first family award to the Lisch's.

That's a good question. Except for Ryan, I didn't see any other Lucks, how many were there and was their contribution or value to their teams more than Theresa and Kevin"s?

My vote based upon my personal knowledge would have to give the first family award to the Lisch's.

I'd agree on giving the first family award to the Lisch's. Jeff Luck was on the team when I was rather young, and while he was a solid player, he wasn't in the same class as Kevin Lisch. Ryan Luck wasn't in Kevin's class either.I'm not bashing them, since very few Billikens in the recent memory have been in Kevin's class. Donna Luck was a pretty good player for the women's team, scoring around 1,200 points in her career. Teresa is over halfway to that mark after two seasons.