All-Star Game

Will someone please explain a few things to me. Who is stlsfinest, who is STL Hoops Insider, who is VTime, and who is VTime's brother? I have completely lost track of all of these different handles. I also thought VTime just ran a high school basketball information site, not a player promotion service. When I read this thread, I felt like I just had a concussion and everything wasn't computing anymore.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simply not your call. Please take it from me, as a black person. If you're not black, no matter how often you may hear black people use the n-bomb to refer to one another, it's offensive for you to use it. Don't do it. If you want to say that makes us hypocrites, sobeit, but still DON'T YOU SAY the n-word. I take offense even with a black person using the word! Just a word to the wise.

It's not hypocritical for you as you stated you took offense with anyone who used it, black or white. It is hypocritial for the people who do use it to claim others shouldn't, however that doesn't make it right for anyone. It's a racial slur ... no one should use it. The same goes for all racial slurs. Imo, no one, black or white should buy the music that uses the word in any way. If you want musicians to stop then quit putting money in their pockets.

As a white person I find it hard to respect the people who claim it shouldn't be used while supporting the people who do by buying the music that glorifies the word. The argument that it is just another word to describe your buddy is stupid. If that's the case, don't claim it's ofensive.

I think you need to back off. I don't think you'll take him seriously regardless of what he does. Somehow there's just some sort of rivalry between you (especially on your part), like the Montagues and Capulets. STLHI doesn't have to disclose anything to you -- we're just talking college basketball and the players who play it.

Think what you want thicks, but here is the deal........Justin has a history on here, he keeps trying to rewrite. If he would just admit the stuff he posted in the past, it would go a long way to people taking him a little more seriously. Instead of just admitting that he was wrong, he tries to now say that wasn't what he was saying. He is the one that first brought up his past in this thread. I didn't. Roy didn't. Moytoy didn't

He said on multiple occasions that he wouldn't mind being a basketball writer. If he ever wants to do something like that, he needs to let people know when he might have a conflict of interest. It doesn't mean you throw his opinion out the window, but it something he has to do if he wants people to take him seriously.

I have no rivalry with him. In fact I posted on here months ago that he and Nate were right about Harrellson and I was wrong. I have posted on here that his site is pretty good and recomended others visit it. The problem is that Justin takes himself way seriously, doesn't respond to any criticism well, and can never admit that at anytime he was wrong.

That is it thicks.

Will someone please explain a few things to me. Who is stlsfinest, who is STL Hoops Insider, who is VTime, and who is VTime's brother? I have completely lost track of all of these different handles. I also thought VTime just ran a high school basketball information site, not a player promotion service. When I read this thread, I felt like I just had a concussion and everything wasn't computing anymore.

The #1 purpose has always been player promotion and I stated that from the very beginning.

I dont know who VTIME is either.

Again, I had to say this but why does anyone take V-Time, STLHI, Justin, STlFinest, the brother seriously. One piece of advise for a business man. I have heard several positive things about Earl Austin, Nate Latsch, and Terell Ramsey as local prep basketball gurus from COLLEGE COACHES, PLAYERS, PARENTS, and FANS but other than Nate who is apart of a Billikens website neither posts on this board to my knowledge. You are looking for somekind of reward. How can you say that you are the reason that a kid got a scholarship. Last time I checked the kid is the one that plays the game and takes the test. So what you are saying V-Time is without you these 20-30 kids would not be going to school or playing ball next year in college. Nate and Ramey can say that they put they helped the same number of kids get into schools also through websites but they don't because they let people talk on their behalf instead of trying to force it on people. I go to many games and I hear those names a lot and never hear yours, except on this board that you use as a self promotion board.

You sound like a fool and you need to study a Dave Telep, Jerry Meyer, or even the three I mentioned already and get some advice from them.

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?a...sult_type=posts

In your very small number of posts there is a similar theme. You're promoting one thing and trying to tear down and discredit another. Your initial post from your first day on the board shows a clear agenda. I hope you're having a good time.

In this case V-Time you are right and my agenda is that you are a hypocrite and you shamelessly promote yourself behind these kids constantly. You never here noone say an absurd comment like I AM THE REASON WHY A KID ATHLETE THAT IS NOT YOU SON GOT INTO COLLEGE. So if you was not their would those 20-40 or how many you said that you personally hand delevored to colleges have still gotten into college. I say the answer is yes and at the same token the same or better level. Nate I guess every kid that you mentioned on this board or your site got to school because you put them on your site also.

I wish I had you when I was a senior V-Time, because I would not have shot hundred of jumpers before and after practice, studied to pass my test, lifted weights, and work my tail off to contribute to my teams success in hopes of garnering an athletic scholarship. I would have just let you do an interview with me and poof I would have been D1 instead of D2. My agenda is that you are a HYPOCRITE and I am not the only one who sees past your classless promotions.

Again, I had to say this but why does anyone take V-Time, STLHI, Justin, STlFinest, the brother seriously. One piece of advise for a business man. I have heard several positive things about Earl Austin, Nate Latsch, and Terell Ramsey as local prep basketball gurus from COLLEGE COACHES, PLAYERS, PARENTS, and FANS but other than Nate who is apart of a Billikens website neither posts on this board to my knowledge. You are looking for somekind of reward. How can you say that you are the reason that a kid got a scholarship. Last time I checked the kid is the one that plays the game and takes the test. So what you are saying V-Time is without you these 20-30 kids would not be going to school or playing ball next year in college. Nate and Ramey can say that they put they helped the same number of kids get into schools also through websites but they don't because they let people talk on their behalf instead of trying to force it on people. I go to many games and I hear those names a lot and never hear yours, except on this board that you use as a self promotion board.

You sound like a fool and you need to study a Dave Telep, Jerry Meyer, or even the three I mentioned already and get some advice from them.

I don't need you to take us seriously. Outside of a few people on this board, STL Hoops Insider has been very well received. I'm sure that eats you up inside. You are nobody to me...just a character on a message board. You don't respect my opinion, so why should I respect yours? If most people felt like you, we would've been forced to stop a long time ago. Perhaps you wish you held some significance in the local prep scene. Maybe you wish you could speak with the Billiken coaches about various topics. Maybe you wish you had the kindness, knowledge, and ability to do what we do. You seem very bitter. I really don't care. There are hundreds of supporters, and only a few people like you who attempt to bring us down. Are you aware that very few people feel the way you do? The reward is seeing young people take a step closer to reaching their goal. Please save your energy. Despite your efforts, we'll continue to help people.

I've been reading some old threads. Broy, jjray, tarheelbilliken, thicks, jjray, NH, Billikan, Torch, HenryB. You guys are good with me.

Dang!!! I didn't make the list.

p.s. Brian, you're a nobody too!

fyi, I'll be wearing the blue and white polo shirt to work tomorrow. If you aren't at my office, I'll assume you don't care about the law.

Let's be honest, vtime and his brother may or may not be making any money on their efforts right now. But my guess is that they intend to use their current (and recent past efforts) to make a name for themselves as people in the know in st. louis. At the point at which their sweat equity pays off, I would assume that their business plan calls for charging people for their services. From what I can see, they use billikens.com as nothing more than another marketing channel with only a feigned appreciation for SLU basketball. Good for them. I hope their business is successful, but at this point, and given vtime's many false appearances, I don't believe that either of 'em is in it for the good of the kid. But rather, they are in it for some pecuniary gain down the road. There's is plenty of evidence to support this (various usernames, incessant puffing of certain player, shameless promotion, etc.).

Further, if vtime and his brother are really in it for the good of the players, do they intend to follow up with these guys' college careers? Meaning, will they proactively find support systems for these guys if and when they struggle at the next level? Will they proactively find people willing to help these kids with their games? Will they proactively find tutors to assist with academics? Will they proactively use their "connections" to help find these kids jobs? To all of these questions I answer no. These might not be fair questions of people in the athlete placement business. However, vtime and his brother have stated they are not in this for the business aspect, but rather, "to help people." I do not believe vtime and his brother have sinister motives, but I do not find them any more credible then the tens of hundreds of vultures currently existing. As proof, I point to Floyd Irons and his apparent existence as vtime's hero.

It's simply not your call. Please take it from me, as a black person. If you're not black, no matter how often you may hear black people use the n-bomb to refer to one another, it's offensive for you to use it. Don't do it. If you want to say that makes us hypocrites, sobeit, but still DON'T YOU SAY the n-word. I take offense even with a black person using the word! Just a word to the wise.

Honestly, is this a serious comment? If so, it is ridiculous in many respects.

You are really questioning whether that makes a person a hypocrite or not?

This post is really inane.

Vee ---- bay-bee ---- booh-bah-lah ----- I'm hurt I didn't make your list!

Interesting reading, given our PM discussion of what, six or so months ago?????? Hang in there! Who loves ya, bay-bee?

TFB!

It does make you a hypocrite. If the N word is offensive then anyone who uses it should be held to the same standards, and please spare me the weak excuses.

V-time, STLHI, or STLFINEST please answer this question if you did not personally place these 20-30 kids into college on your hard work, do you think that they would not have gotten into college otherwise. What you are saying that is so idotic to me is that you are the sole reason these kids are going to a NAIA or college period. That again sounds like a selfish person or even a fool to say these things. You don't make any money for all we know of the things you say you do but your motive is to feel important and liked and thats why when you do anything or go anywhere you post it on this board and that to me is silly. I don't see any other website or person promoting themselves or their work like that. How about you go back and send me a link of a thread where a user posted something good about you or something you did on your site without you pointing it out first. People don't really care, I will say this that you are a hard worker as it seems but you are also not very business savvy. We all here are trying to give you advice and you take that advice as us not liking you or havoing motives against you, in the real world that is called an insecure person that is really trying to hide the truth. I will see coach Moser tomorrow and I will ask him about you and your website and the many conversations he has had with you and how SLU relys on your opinion. LOL. Just please answer me this one question if you did not exist would these dozens of kids have found schools or not. If you can honestly.

It does make you a hypocrite. If the N word is offensive then anyone who uses it should be held to the same standards, and please spare me the weak excuses.

He said he took offense with anyone who used the word even black people. I know thicks, not well, but enough to feel comfortable assuming how he feels about it. I think his point is ... even if there are black people using it, it's wrong and shouldn't be used period.

Dang!!! I didn't make the list.

p.s. Brian, you're a nobody too!

fyi, I'll be wearing the blue and white polo shirt to work tomorrow. If you aren't at my office, I'll assume you don't care about the law.

I am crushed.

In this case V-Time you are right and my agenda is that you are a hypocrite and you shamelessly promote yourself behind these kids constantly. You never here noone say an absurd comment like I AM THE REASON WHY A KID ATHLETE THAT IS NOT YOU SON GOT INTO COLLEGE. So if you was not their would those 20-40 or how many you said that you personally hand delevored to colleges have still gotten into college. I say the answer is yes and at the same token the same or better level. Nate I guess every kid that you mentioned on this board or your site got to school because you put them on your site also.

I wish I had you when I was a senior V-Time, because I would not have shot hundred of jumpers before and after practice, studied to pass my test, lifted weights, and work my tail off to contribute to my teams success in hopes of garnering an athletic scholarship. I would have just let you do an interview with me and poof I would have been D1 instead of D2. My agenda is that you are a HYPOCRITE and I am not the only one who sees past your classless promotions.

Your agenda is to demonstrate your ignorance. Apparently, you've never met STL Hoops Insider, because if you'd communicated with him at all, you'd understand the work he does behind the scenes to boost opportunities for underappreciated ballplayers -- it doesn't have anything to do with his website. Never has STLHI said that the articles he writes or that anything he does over the internet produces enhanced opportunities for athletes. Or am I misunderstanding you, because your writing skills are atrocious?

Further, if vtime and his brother are really in it for the good of the players, do they intend to follow up with these guys' college careers? Meaning, will they proactively find support systems for these guys if and when they struggle at the next level? Will they proactively find people willing to help these kids with their games? Will they proactively find tutors to assist with academics? Will they proactively use their "connections" to help find these kids jobs? To all of these questions I answer no. These might not be fair questions of people in the athlete placement business. However, vtime and his brother have stated they are not in this for the business aspect, but rather, "to help people."

You simply are not being fair here. While an educator still cares his students after they graduate, they simply can't maintain too much follow-up after they graduate, because they have to attend to their current clientele. Should doctors continue to spend all of their time and attention on patients whom they have treated and whom have gotten better through their administrations, or should they move on to new patients who are sick and need medical attention now?

Think about what you're saying.

Honestly, is this a serious comment? If so, it is ridiculous in many respects.

You are really questioning whether that makes a person a hypocrite or not?

This post is really inane.

The inane one, my "friend," is YOU. There's no question about whether it's hypocrisy. Maybe you need to bone up on your reading comprehension. Where did you read a question, "Does it make me a hypocrite"? Don't you understand my point: "Even if you think it's hypocritical that SOME black people favor the use of the term, '******,' among themselves, YOU STILL SHOULD NOT USE IT if you're not black." There's no question there about whether or not it hypocritical. Take a logic class, or something.

The inane one, my "friend," is YOU. There's no question about whether it's hypocrisy. Maybe you need to bone up on your reading comprehension. Where did you read a question, "Does it make me a hypocrite"? Don't you understand my point: "Even if you think it's hypocritical that SOME black people favor the use of the term, '******,' among themselves, YOU STILL SHOULD NOT USE IT if you're not black." There's no question there about whether or not it hypocritical. Take a logic class, or something.

I agree with you most of the time.

Using the word to make your point is appears to be pretty hypocritical though..........

It seems like it ought to get you banned like it would get me banned......

Oh, my goodness! Some of you obviously are looking for excuses to justify your insensitivity. I am not a hypocrite in this matter, as I clearly stated that I take offense regardless of the ethnicity of the person using the word. And I wasn't speaking of an individual. I was speaking of black people as a collective.

All you Don Imuses out there, please understand this: Okay, black people are hypocritical because some of them call one another a word they find offensive if non-black people use it; nevertheless, you don't have a right to refer to a black person that way -- period.

The word you refer to above is not the one referenced and has never been used on this board. I find that word repulsive. The word i was referring to was posted awhile back and it replaced the 'er' with an 'a'. Like it or not, this word is not the same as the word you referenced. I've been "called" that word as a term of endearment. I've been called that word as just some dude at the gym. I've heard that word thrown around by blacks, whites, latinos, gays, straights, whatever....and they were not saying the word maliciously. There is a difference. It is a word. It can be used in several contexts and most people should be able to differentiate it. I called STLHI hypocritical because this word is constantly and consistently used by some of his favorite artists. However, one person says the word...who has no history of flaming or racism...in a very obvious slang reference and STLHI says he will not tolerate that and boycotts the board. That is hypocritical regardless of your race or ethnicity.

I agree with you most of the time.

Using the word to make your point is appears to be pretty hypocritical though..........

It seems like it ought to get you banned like it would get me banned......

I'd like to assume you're being facetious. I put the word in quotes, and it doesn't refer to anyone -- just the word itself. I did it for the sake of clarity. Some people don't do well with euphemisms. They need the naked truth.

Look, I don't curse, but if I write a referral on a student and send them to the principal, legally I better write the curse word I'm referring them to the principal for. If I'm testifying in court, and the attorney asks me what word was used, I probably ought to quote the word -- but doing so doesn't make me a person who curses.