Sources: Crean to Indiana

Tony Bennett or Sean Miller should be seeing a Brinks truck pull up in their front lawns any minute now, Gregory should also be looking out his window, Brad Brownell too.

Doubtful Marquette has the pockets to buyout Millers contract at Xavier, and doubtful that Miller would be interested in going to Milwaukee. Gregory and his NIT experience might come in handy though..

Also, Bruce Springsteen sucks.

bennett aint going to marquette if he was not going to IU. i'd be shocked if sean miller took a step down from xavier. that leaves you with gregory. you can have him. then you can explain to me why you think he's a good coach. glad you seem so unhurt by the situation - a little surprised though with how much you jocked crean for the past five years that you now don't think he was a good x's and o's coach. if that's the case, again, good luck with gregory who i think was at the bottom of the a-10 in terms of x's and 0's

Nope, sorry slappy. Just working the phones, seeing who's next. In fact, after the Stanford game in my rather inebriated state I told my wife "we can do better, he isn't a good X's and O's coach!"

Thanks for making MU a power, taking us to a Final Four, 5 NCAA tournaments, 16K average attendance, and to the Big East. if not for Crean we're probably stuck in the A-10. :lol:

Tony Bennett or Sean Miller should be seeing a Brinks truck pull up in their front lawns any minute now, Gregory should also be looking out his window, Brad Brownell too.

Thanks for all you've done, Tom, good luck at IU. Marquette will be just fine.

bennett aint going to marquette if he was not going to IU. i'd be shocked if sean miller took a step down from xavier. that leaves you with gregory. you can have him. then you can explain to me why you think he's a good coach. glad you seem so unhurt by the situation - a little surprised though with how much you jocked crean for the past five years that you now don't think he was a good x's and o's coach. if that's the case, again, good luck with gregory who i think was at the bottom of the a-10 in terms of x's and 0's

I've already done that, mclotherass. Go do a search. Reading, it's fun-demental!

Yes, I praised Crean for 9 years, look at the job he's done at MU, can't argue with the results. But, as time went on flaws started to emerge. I was very disappointed with some of the decisions made in the Stansbury game and I know I was not the only one questioning his clock management and some of his play calls (posting up 6-5 Lazar Hayward on Lopez??). But, like I said, you cannot argue with results and I will be eternally grateful for that and what he made the program into.

Plus, with Crean not having an out clause, IU will be giving Marquette a LOT of money, I do mean a LOT. With MU's resources, both facilities and financial, their tradition, Big East, the best conference in America, there will be some BIG names up for the job. They will have more than enough to pay Miller's buyout if they so choose. The Wisconsin connection will be a major factor in courting Bennett. There are many others too who will be banging down the door for the job (BTW, reported Miller sighting in Milwaukee already, and I'm not talking the crap beer!). MU will not miss a beat. Nature of the business.

The little brother complex continues!

i dont see any of us posting on the marquette board.

MU will not miss a beat. Nature of the business.

I remember the same thing being said by fans of St. Johns and Seton Hall. It all depends on hiring the right guy. If they don't the program will take a big hit.

I remember Mizzou fans talking about how the Tigers would now take the next step since Norm was gone and they had the best facilities in the country opening up. It didn't happen because they hired the wrong guy.

There are no guarantees when you bring in a new coach that it will workout.

Marquette Law: The little brother complex continues!

That statement is freaking hilarious, given where you are posting it.

PS Gotta agree with a prior poster, Springsteen should've retired after "Born in the USA"

41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....41 flops.....

That is a bit of a paraphrase of Springsteen's most powerful and popular song for quite sometime........

They will have more than enough to pay Miller's buyout if they so choose.

And, more importantly, if Miller so chooses. Aside from the conference, Marquette's program is not a step up from Xavier's. He's in a good situation now, and I'd bet that if he ever left XU for the Big East, it would be for Pitt. If he leaves now for Marquette, even if it's for a lot more money, he's not as smart as I thought he was.

I actually agree with you about something: Miller makes crap beer. The only little brother complex is theirs compared to A-B.

I've already done that, mclotherass. Go do a search. Reading, it's fun-demental!

Yes, I praised Crean for 9 years, look at the job he's done at MU, can't argue with the results. But, as time went on flaws started to emerge. I was very disappointed with some of the decisions made in the Stansbury game and I know I was not the only one questioning his clock management and some of his play calls (posting up 6-5 Lazar Hayward on Lopez??). But, like I said, you cannot argue with results and I will be eternally grateful for that and what he made the program into.

Plus, with Crean not having an out clause, IU will be giving Marquette a LOT of money, I do mean a LOT. With MU's resources, both facilities and financial, their tradition, Big East, the best conference in America, there will be some BIG names up for the job. They will have more than enough to pay Miller's buyout if they so choose. The Wisconsin connection will be a major factor in courting Bennett. There are many others too who will be banging down the door for the job (BTW, reported Miller sighting in Milwaukee already, and I'm not talking the crap beer!). MU will not miss a beat. Nature of the business.

I apologize to all on this Board but I was reading BLaw's post about the Big East being "the best conference in America" caused me to choke on my coffee, spilling it all over my keyboard while I let out a few choice words. All cleaned up now and promise no more such words as kids may be listening.

BLaw. You epitmize the arrogance of Marquette. A great year under Al McGuire and then the really good years with Dwayne Wade. Reality check: Marquette is not an elite program.

I apologize to all on this Board but I was reading BLaw's post about the Big East being "the best conference in America" caused me to choke on my coffee, spilling it all over my keyboard while I let out a few choice words. All cleaned up now and promise no more such words as kids may be listening.

BLaw. You epitmize the arrogance of Marquette. A great year under Al McGuire and then the really good years with Dwayne Wade. Reality check: Marquette is not an elite program.

Well he thinks it is so that must make it true...NOT!!! Isn't also amazing how quickly he turned on his buddy once he announces he is hitting the road for greener pastures. From his previous posts...I thought they were on first name basis, and I seem to remember previous posts about all the big money he was being paid at Marquette and how he would never leave. I guess BLaw was not the real insider that he seems to think that he is.

Well he thinks it is so that must make it true...NOT!!! Isn't also amazing how quickly he turned on his buddy once he announces he is hitting the road for greener pastures. From his previous posts...I thought they were on first name basis, and I seem to remember previous posts about all the big money he was being paid at Marquette and how he would never leave. I guess BLaw was not the real insider that he seems to think that he is.

It has been released by the US News and World Report that the sole reason for SLU's drop in the law school rankings to #95 is the poster known as Billiken Law.

Nope, sorry slappy. Just working the phones, seeing who's next. In fact, after the Stanford game in my rather inebriated state I told my wife "we can do better, he isn't a good X's and O's coach!"

Thanks for making MU a power, taking us to a Final Four, 5 NCAA tournaments, 16K average attendance, and to the Big East. if not for Crean we're probably stuck in the A-10. :lol:

Thanks for all you've done, Tom, good luck at IU. Marquette will be just fine.

He's working the phones... :lol::lol::lol: Still waiting for the Brinks truck sightings... :lol::lol::lol: