Now that baskball is over (for me it is anyway.......)

Where the heck are we going to park at the new arena? Anybody have an idea? I could probably just walk from my office at Lindell and Vandeventer but I'll also be dragging a one year old with me through the cold. The existing garages in the area look kind of small for a crowd of ten thousand......

Also when does the ticket picking start.............

Thanks,

Rich

Where the heck are we going to park at the new arena? Anybody have an idea? I could probably just walk from my office at Lindell and Vandeventer but I'll also be dragging a one year old with me through the cold. The existing garages in the area look kind of small for a crowd of ten thousand......

Also when does the ticket picking start.............

Thanks,

Rich

There's also tons of street parking in Midtown. Get there early and I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue. Plus, the meters only go until 6 or 7.

I will once again extend my offer to pay the parking expenses of anyone willing to pick up me and the wife on their way in. :rolleyes:

The Olive garage should hold a lot, and the Laclede garage should have a decent number of spaces as well, since the games will be played during off-peak hours.

I'm hoping that Harris-Stowe and Wachovia will seize the opportunity to make a little money by renting out their lots.

it is a long walk to the grand metro station and quite honestly i am sure not the nicest (maybe read safest) walk.

it is a long walk to the grand metro station and quite honestly i am sure not the nicest (maybe read safest) walk.

It would sure be nice if they offered extra security and shuttles from the Metrolink to the Cheifitz.

It would sure be nice if they offered extra security and shuttles from the Metrolink to the Cheifitz.

Not to start a race issue (I'm by no means a racist, just a poor observational comedian), but unless they install a teleporter down there w/ a built-in breathalyzer and melanin scanner, there's not a lot to be done in that area, which I've called for many years... THE GAUNTLET®.

Not to start a race issue (I'm by no means a racist, just a poor observational comedian), but unless they install a teleporter down there w/ a built-in breathalyzer and melanin scanner, there's not a lot to be done in that area, which I've called for many years... THE GAUNTLET®.

Don't forget the Febreeze. The Urine Stench in that dump is terrible.

Don't forget the Febreeze. The Urine Stench in that dump is terrible.

I sat down there once waiting to catch the Metro to go the airport pretty close to midnight. You just have to talk to yourself every couple of minutes to seem a bit off-kilter. And don't flash the electronics around. I don't really worry about myself, I feel like you can usually just give people a look that says "don't F w/ me, I won't F w/ you" and that's enough. But I would worry about taking my family down there one day. SLU DPS is really sh!tty, too. I had a group of female friends a couple years ago that were BERATED by a DPS officer for calling a ride from the Salus Center. These were not needy, uppity chicks either. They just knew it wasn't the safest thing for a group of college-aged girls to be walking around there, and the dude made them feel bad about it. I know that's just an isolated incident, but it does play a factor in one's assessment of an area and its safety.

The walk isn't too bad- probably 4 blocks or so (technically 3, but I'll round up). The safety is only an issue around the MetroLink stop itself, mainly because it's a poorly designed station. There are a lot of blind spots for pedestrians and most passing traffic would never know the station is there and be able to see a potential incident. I've never had any problems at that station or MetroLink in general, but then again I wouldn't take it alone if I were a college-aged girl. I would think if you're in a group, especially a group of guys, the worst you'd ever see is a homeless person asking for change. Seems to me that about 99% of the posters on here are male, and most probably don't go to most games alone.

i've taken the metrolink from out around normandy downtown to watch th 1998 midwest regional final

and didn't have any problems. my friend lives in bel-nor and i believe the metrolink was only a couple of blocks

from his home.

what is the name of the metrolink stop by scotttrade center?

where is the grand metro stop located at.?

i've taken the metrolink from out around normandy downtown to watch th 1998 midwest regional final

and didn't have any problems. my friend lives in bel-nor and i believe the metrolink was only a couple of blocks

from his home.

what is the name of the metrolink stop by scotttrade center?

where is the grand metro stop located at.?

The Grand stop is just south of 64-40, beneath the street where Grand is basically a bridge over the train tracks. It is closer to Forest Park Parkway than Chouteau, for reference. The station by Scottrade is called Civic Center.

The walk isn't too bad- probably 4 blocks or so (technically 3, but I'll round up). The safety is only an issue around the MetroLink stop itself, mainly because it's a poorly designed station. There are a lot of blind spots for pedestrians and most passing traffic would never know the station is there and be able to see a potential incident. I've never had any problems at that station or MetroLink in general, but then again I wouldn't take it alone if I were a college-aged girl. I would think if you're in a group, especially a group of guys, the worst you'd ever see is a homeless person asking for change. Seems to me that about 99% of the posters on here are male, and most probably don't go to most games alone.

I have never had a problem at the station. I find it less scary then most other big city light rail/subway systems. I might feel different if I was female or a big softie like Jimbo. :o

Don't take the elevator and you will avoid the urine smell. The walk to the arena will really suck from there on the really cold days.

The walk isn't all that far, but it's not a pleasant one. You have to walk under Highway 40, and if you're on the west side of the street, you have to cross over the entrance to the on-ramp, which is not fun. Then there's the matter of crossing over Forest Park Parkway, which is an everyday occurance for anyone who lives or has lived in Reinert, but would feel a little awkward to most people. It's not a very pedestrian-friendly environment is what I'm trying to say.

The walk isn't all that far, but it's not a pleasant one. You have to walk under Highway 40, and if you're on the west side of the street, you have to cross over the entrance to the on-ramp, which is not fun. Then there's the matter of crossing over Forest Park Parkway, which is an everyday occurance for anyone who lives or has lived in Reinert, but would feel a little awkward to most people. It's not a very pedestrian-friendly environment is what I'm trying to say.

That is true. It can feel like Frogger sometimes when crossing through that area.

thanks for the info. the grand station would be further west of scotttrade

if i have my directions correct.

The Grand stop is two stops west of Civic Center (Scottrade); the one in between is Union Station. This stretch is before the split between the Shrewsbury line and the Airport line, so you can take any westbound train to Grand.

I took the metro link to several of the girls games this year. I have two bad knees. One needs a total replacement and the othe ris not that far behind.

the walk is not bad and I will be taking thew metro all next year to the games. I had no problems other than an occasional request for spare change.

with the men playing next year I expect to have a lot of company during the walk. Did it alone this year.

in honor of vtime, i am going to find the harris stowe tennis courts and park there

if i can't find the courts, then the baseball field looks real convienent

The baseball field is pretty convienent. I wouldnt try parking on it though. My hope is that the new arena will help boost awareness for the baseball program. The new coach is working to change the perception and help from Billiken boosters to enhance the baseball facilities will go a long way to do so. It might be hard to ignore the fields from the walk from the Compton Garage to Chaifetz.

I noticed today that on Olive, just east of Compton, there is a vacant lot with a sign/rendering advertising a small parking garage with first floor retail coming soon. Who knows when construction will begin or when it will be ready, but it should help the parking situation at some point down the road.