BC Thread

philliken

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing better than waiting through the looonnngggggg offseason for the basketball season to start and then looking at the schedule for the year. Then, I take my Billiken schedule and put all the home games on my calendar. I then look to see what away games I can watch or listen to. I try and free up my time and plan around the games. I then look forward to watching the games or listening to them and get real excited when I don't expect I will get to watch it and find out late in the day that I can stream it on my PC and watch it. Then, I sit down, set up the PC, and watch this.............CRAP!

i usually get stuttery video. this broadcast, however, has been flawless. dammit.

EDIT: LIDDELL JUST CUT THE SCORE TO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not play high major teams w/ big men named Blair anymore. They tend to eat our collective lunch.

TL at the line. We might get to 40....ooops missed. Oh, 39 .....61-39. Well at least we weren't doubled. I'm thinking we're in for a vey long season. The most interesting thing might be who's still on this board at the end.

not as dissappointing as Kent St. but pretty sad.

I think it is more dissappointing because it is becoming a trend not an abberation. Furthermore, I thought these days were behind SLU once we got the new coach. I think Novelly should get some of that 600K back because it is being stolen right now by Majerus.

I am always optimistic but I also get mad when it seems to be getting worse.

TL at the line. We might get to 40....ooops missed. Oh, 39 .....61-39. Well at least we weren't doubled. I'm thinking we're in for a vey long season. The most interesting thing might be who's still on this board at the end.

Still here. Still disappointed in this year's Billiken squad and Rick in particular. Still glad we've got him for the future. Not pining for Brad or anything. THANK GOD MY COWBOYS ARE NO LONGER COACHED BY PARCELLS AND ARE TERRIFIC THIS YEAR!

I truly think that the poor offensive performance is a product of the new offense. Liddell and Lisch have been focusing on running a new offense and not as much on their shot. Opposing coaches know that we're going through an offensive transition and are taking advantage of it by playing very physical, tight defense. I also think that majerus couldn't give two s**** about this years record beyond a .500 record, he probably more focused on getting his offense installed and recruiting. thats just my opinion on things. Its a little radical but whatever.

Still here. Still disappointed in this year's Billiken squad and Rick in particular. Still glad we've got him for the future. Not pining for Brad or anything. THANK GOD MY COWBOYS ARE NO LONGER COACHED BY PARCELLS AND ARE TERRIFIC THIS YEAR!

I am here but depressed. Oh Lord! They cannot even hit a free-throw now. How can a team that was scoring at 50% clip (Pitt and Pacific games) now not hit the ocean from the deck of the Titanic. Beats me.

I am here but depressed. Oh Lord! They cannot even hit a free-throw now. How can a team that was scoring at 50% clip (Pitt and Pacific games) now not hit the ocean from the deck of the Titanic. Beats me.

Because they have absolutely NO confidence. Hopefully, it will get better. Where's Jimmy Chitwood?

We're down 50-28. Anybody else ever fear about things getting so bad for Rickma that he might leave?

:blink: No. Absolutely not. I believe Coach Majerus has everything progressing exactly how he wants it; he's in complete control. (He's not playing/prepping for this year's success. It's too bad for Husak, Meyer, Polk and Brown.)

:blink: No. Absolutely not. I believe Coach Majerus has everything progressing exactly how he wants it; he's in complete control. (He's not playing/prepping for this year's success. It's too bad for Husak, Meyer, Polk and Brown.)

how many of this year's players will be on the team next year anyway?

how many of this year's players will be on the team next year anyway?

Liddell, Lisch, Eberhardt, and Eckerle. After that, all bets are off. I would wager money (if I were a betting man) that Maguire and Knollmeyer will be gone, and I'm not feeling particularly comfortable that A. Mitchell and Relphorde will be back.

Does Majerus look at his 2008-09 roster (i.e., in his mind) and believe he still has four scholarships to fill? Would he really bring in a nine-man recruiting class -- possibly all freshmen? It's coaches like this that led to the NCAA's putting in that 5/8 rule they had a few years ago.

(With the outcome certain with two minutes left, Mitchell and Relphorde still couldn't get off the bench?!!)