Harrellson

davidlee

he is far better than knollmeyer in every area, you obviously have never watched him. A;so if he were not an upgrade over our present bigs RM would not be interested.

I don't think Knollmeyer will be starting at all outside of maybe a few games to start the season. I do think right now Knollmeyer is more ready for D-1 action than Harrelson.

I have seen Harrellson play and I wasn't that high on him originally. My opinion changed when I found out that he didn't start playing until his sophomore year and he didn't really start hitting the weights until last year. I now think he has a pretty good upside. He would have been a nice pick-up for Brad, but that ship has sailed. With the group of bigs Rick has coming in next year I don't see a place for him. I do see a place for a Juco big or combo guard coming off their sophomore year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you are a Big Bills Fas, 47 posts and a member since 2004? Maybe that is askew but so be it. People need to realize just who or what STL Hoops Insider was and where he came from as Vtime ... all things Vashon and all things St. Louis high school basketball. Endorsed everybody under the sun from the near north and south sides as Division 1 basketball material and people who the Bills and Sodeberg shoulda-coulda-woulda signed. Consistently endorsed phenoms like Curtis Muse and Bobby Hill, Johnny Hill. Might have even endorsed Henry Hill for all I remember, his list was endless. Endorsed James Washington and annointed Aulbrey Doss among others as the next great thing. Stated how two or three members of the Harris Stowe Hornets should be playing for the Bills. Said that some kid sitting at the far end of the Western Illinois bench as a freshman was someone the Bills shuldhave never let get away. Petitioned for a whole year about how Dwayne Polk was being played out of position and was really a shooting guard. And we all know what those statistics are.

Changed his handle a couple of times to support his own stories. Endorsed Terrance Ramey as the definitive source of basketball items in St. Louis. Sure, even a blind squirrel will stumble on a nut every now and then so I guess if he endorses everyone and their brother, eventually he has toget one right. Maybe its Richard Anderson. All I'm saying is that his endorsing anyone (which I interpret capitlal letters to be) needs to be taken with a huge truckload of salt. The new sign in name implies more credibility than is really there and folks need to know that.

I understand he's a kid and struggling to get going in a post-college life and have no problem with that. His stories that he posts from his blog or web site or whatever it is are okay. But they are mostty fluff, which isn't it the way its supposed to be in pasttime pursuits. You may presume him and others like that to be nothing more than fans, following and posting on a topic they love. How about we presume he and others are at the other end, waiting and lurking around these kids to be the next great street agent and eventually finding his Allen Iverson or LeBron James to latch onto and ride along to easy street with. (I don't think he's at the end of either end of this spectrum and actually believe he's closer to fan than street scum.)

The real issue is that he's not a definitive source, and his new handle implies he is. Folks need to understand what they are buying if they take his word as any sort of gospel, that's all. I don't endorse anybody, I don't have the knowledge and I don't know how or what at the high schoollevel translates into good at the next. I'll leave that up to Majerus to decide. He gets the big bucks. But I'll take my credible sources more to the bank by using pdiddy, formerD1, and Nate much further than this kid.

Guys like Vtime and the putz have chased too many valuable members away from this discussion in year's past and that I really don't like. I find it always amazing how being anonymous makes giants of some pretty small people.

Wow, you called the content on my site fluff. Where's your site? You said I'm a street agent. There are so many things incorrect in your post that I dont know where to begin. No one said I was the authority on anything and no one is acting like that. Why you perceive that to be the case and then take offense to it is a mystery to me. I've interviewed four Billikens Lisch, Meyer, Jones, and Jensen since my sight went up Aug. 30th. I guess you are insulting them to, because they wasted their time contributing to the fluff.

Wow, you are a Big Bills Fas, 47 posts and a member since 2004? Maybe that is askew but so be it. People need to realize just who or what STL Hoops Insider was and where he came from as Vtime ... all things Vashon and all things St. Louis high school basketball. Endorsed everybody under the sun from the near north and south sides as Division 1 basketball material and people who the Bills and Sodeberg shoulda-coulda-woulda signed. Consistently endorsed phenoms like Curtis Muse and Bobby Hill, Johnny Hill. Might have even endorsed Henry Hill for all I remember, his list was endless. Endorsed James Washington and annointed Aulbrey Doss among others as the next great thing. Stated how two or three members of the Harris Stowe Hornets should be playing for the Bills. Said that some kid sitting at the far end of the Western Illinois bench as a freshman was someone the Bills shuldhave never let get away. Petitioned for a whole year about how Dwayne Polk was being played out of position and was really a shooting guard. And we all know what those statistics are.

Changed his handle a couple of times to support his own stories. Endorsed Terrance Ramey as the definitive source of basketball items in St. Louis. Sure, even a blind squirrel will stumble on a nut every now and then so I guess if he endorses everyone and their brother, eventually he has toget one right. Maybe its Richard Anderson. All I'm saying is that his endorsing anyone (which I interpret capitlal letters to be) needs to be taken with a huge truckload of salt. The new sign in name implies more credibility than is really there and folks need to know that.

I understand he's a kid and struggling to get going in a post-college life and have no problem with that. His stories that he posts from his blog or web site or whatever it is are okay. But they are mostty fluff, which isn't it the way its supposed to be in pasttime pursuits. You may presume him and others like that to be nothing more than fans, following and posting on a topic they love. How about we presume he and others are at the other end, waiting and lurking around these kids to be the next great street agent and eventually finding his Allen Iverson or LeBron James to latch onto and ride along to easy street with. (I don't think he's at the end of either end of this spectrum and actually believe he's closer to fan than street scum.)

The real issue is that he's not a definitive source, and his new handle implies he is. Folks need to understand what they are buying if they take his word as any sort of gospel, that's all. I don't endorse anybody, I don't have the knowledge and I don't know how or what at the high schoollevel translates into good at the next. I'll leave that up to Majerus to decide. He gets the big bucks. But I'll take my credible sources more to the bank by using pdiddy, formerD1, and Nate much further than this kid.

Guys like Vtime and the putz have chased too many valuable members away from this discussion in year's past and that I really don't like. I find it always amazing how being anonymous makes giants of some pretty small people.

Taj, you are making a fool of yourself. No one has ever stated that V is right about everything (ie Floyd Irons). This is supposed to be an open forum where people express ideas and thoughts. I will however defend V's right for expressing his opinion whether you agree with it or not. Why don't you give us your thoughts on Harrellson's potential...Oh, I forgot,,, you have never seen him play....Great insight Taj, keep up the good work.

harrellson now has much bigger aspirations. his most recent list is big time schools sans the billikens. plus he is at swic which is the juco where the asst coach hates slu and thinks we arent big time enough. so we definitely arent getting any inside help and wont.

if harrellson truly wanted to be a billiken he wouldnt have taken us off the list. hell he wouldnt have signed with western in the first place if he wanted to be a billiken.

move on to the next guy.

Who's on his new list? Where can I find the new list? Rivals just lists him in class of 2008 as Junior College prospect. Scout doesn't list him at all in 2008 or 2009. The list he gave me when I interviewed him September was Indiana, Mizzou, SLU, Minnesota, and Missouri State. When did he take SLU off and who is on this new list?

Wow. Taj is overly harsh on this one. Comparing V to Metz is totally unfair. Metz is basically a troll who offers very little, while V at least tries to talk hoops. Sure, V used to be a bit of an annoyance in the past, but I think he has changed and has become a valuable contributor. His website has had a few nice SLU related interviews, including the one with Coach Jensen. I say keep that kind of news coming. The young man is trying to pursue something he enjoys and he'll continue to get better at it with experience. He offers a different point of view. Sure, he's expressed a lot of opinions I don't agree with, but heck, we see a lot of misguided opinions like Ahearn, apologies for Soderberg's recruiting, and don't even get me started on how wrong some people were during the political discussions. That's what you get on a forum like this. I think he has developed into a solid contributor on the board. We don't see as much nonsense from him about how SLU should offer every local hs player a scholarship. And it appears he may have been on to something in touting the merits of Harrelson last year.

Wow. Taj is overly harsh on this one. Comparing V to Metz is totally unfair. Metz is basically a troll who offers very little, while V at least tries to talk hoops. Sure, V used to be a bit of an annoyance in the past, but I think he has changed and has become a valuable contributor. His website has had a few nice SLU related interviews, including the one with Coach Jensen. I say keep that kind of news coming. The young man is trying to pursue something he enjoys and he'll continue to get better at it with experience. He offers a different point of view. Sure, he's expressed a lot of opinions I don't agree with, but heck, we see a lot of misguided opinions like Ahearn, apologies for Soderberg's recruiting, and don't even get me started on how wrong some people were during the political discussions. That's what you get on a forum like this. I think he has developed into a solid contributor on the board. We don't see as much nonsense from him about how SLU should offer every local hs player a scholarship. And it appears he may have been on to something in touting the merits of Harrelson last year.

I agree, Ace...that was a pretty brutal post by Taj. STLHI has defintely toned down his local play endorsements and I've enjoyed the SLU articles on his site. Let's move on.

He only compared them in the sense of chasing people off. I think V dug himself a deep hole. For the record, I have praised V for his work (on his website and other things) and have come down on him hard when he has posted silly things on the board. I agree with a lot of what Taj says in his post and i don't believe it was too harsh. I think to say that Harrellson would or would not definitely start is silly (for anyone who says either). We have no clue of how numerous variables would have affected JH if he was on the team. I believe an approach like Brian's is much more sensible in this situation. Geez, did i just accuse Brian of being sensible?

Big Al, you contradict yourself when you say "this is supposed to be an open forum where people express ideas and thoughts" yet you condemn Taj for his thoughts regarding V.

and brad asked him to wait until alexander made his choice in november. had harrelson waited until just november to verbal he would have gotten the offer. brad didnt chase him away. harrelson apparently let derrick thomas talk him into the "no love" argument. no one messed this up but harrelson himself.

but like i said, if he really wanted to be a billiken, then why arent the billikens on his list now? soderberg's no longer around. cant hold that against us anymore. is he that wishy washy?

Roy, where is this new list that says Harrellson isn't considering SLU. Can you link it for us? I apologize if this has already been posted in this thread but its very long and some don't reply to particular posters so maybe I missed it.

With that being said, blaming a kid for not wanting to wait to see if option A would sign on first is pretty ridiculous. Last year all we heard out of you was that Harrellson couldn't be any good because he signed with Western Illinois yet now everyone he agrees he is a stud. Before he was considered a stud, you NEVER had a story that Brad had him next on the list if Alexander didn't come. Seems like a made-up story to me that is being used to cover up the fact that Brad was a poor evaluator of talent. Thank god we've finally got a coach that can evaulate talent and issues like this, Booker, Ahearn, Falker, etc. will be few and far between.

In my opinion V-time has earned a fair amount of credibility both with a change in the general tone of his posts but also by being the only person that was singing the praises of Harrellson last fall while the majority of the Brad apologists argued he couldn't be any good because he signed at Western illinois. V was right and the Brad apologists were wrong on this one. Deal with it people.

Wow, you called the content on my site fluff. Where's your site? You said I'm a street agent. There are so many things incorrect in your post that I dont know where to begin. No one said I was the authority on anything and no one is acting like that. Why you perceive that to be the case and then take offense to it is a mystery to me. I've interviewed four Billikens Lisch, Meyer, Jones, and Jensen since my sight went up Aug. 30th. I guess you are insulting them to, because they wasted their time contributing to the fluff.

VTIME as a representative of what a Normandy/Harris-Stowe educated writer of newsletters should be, I suggest you at least learn that you are producing a "site" not a "sight". Also, when using terms like, "insulting them to" I would have hoped that your vast education would have at least prepared you on the proper spelling and usage of the little word "to"/"too"/"two". See how Nate and Nark, two producers of web sites use proper English and spelling-you might want to learn those basics b/4 continuing to put out info on your site.

VTIME as a representative of what a Normandy/Harris-Stowe educated writer of newsletters should be, I suggest you at least learn that you are producing a "site" not a "sight". Also, when using terms like, "insulting them to" I would have hoped that your vast education would have at least prepared you on the proper spelling and usage of the little word "to"/"too"/"two". See how Nate and Nark, two producers of web sites use proper English and spelling-you might want to learn those basics b/4 continuing to put out info on your site.

Here we go. In typing fast, lots of posters make grammatical errors all the time. If you want to nitpick that's fine. I say get over it.

In my opinion V-time has earned a fair amount of credibility both with a change in the general tone of his posts but also by being the only person that was singing the praises of Harrellson last fall while the majority of the Brad apologists argued he couldn't be any good because he signed at Western illinois. V was right and the Brad apologists were wrong on this one. Deal with it people.

He wasn't the only one on here talking up Harrellson. Other people did too. It, also, shouldn't be a shock that he was. V talks up just about any starting player who averages more than double digits. He does it to make sure all of his bases are covered and he can say he said it first.

I will say that I have enjoyed his interviews on his website.

Good God. This post is condescending. When did V ever boast about his "vast education"? There is a lot of bad grammar on this and other websites. If you are going to be the grammar police, do it for everybody. This looks like little more than a cheap shot at V, as opposed to a genuine concern about the use of the English language.

I can't believe I'm becoming a staunch V-Time defender, but some of the recent criticism directed at him seems ridiculous. To borrow a line from moytoy, I think the start of the season is also making me delirious. :) (I hope my grammar was satisfactory.)

Good God. This post is condescending. When did V ever boast about his "vast education"? There is a lot of bad grammar on this and other websites. If you are going to be the grammar police, do it for everybody. This looks like little more than a cheap shot at V, as opposed to a genuine concern about the use of the English language.

I can't believe I'm becoming a staunch V-Time defender, but some of the recent criticism directed at him seems ridiculous. To borrow a line from moytoy, I think the start of the season is also making me delirious. :) (I hope my grammar was satisfactory.)

Man, what's going on with you? Next thing you know you'll be supporting the Bush agenda. :)

But I do agree, this seems to be a cheap shot.

Speaking of players that V talked up ad nauseam, whatever happened to Sanjay Watts?

Whats put up big-time numbers last year at Cowley CC after being moved to forward. He transferred to a Junior College closer to home for this year. I think State Fair CC. Some other St. Louis area guys are up there, like former Jennings guard Norrel Holder, Eastern Kentucky signee Rodney Ford, Kirkwood forward Ronald Patton, and Hazelwood Central forward Romone Fisher

Roy, where is this new list that says Harrellson isn't considering SLU. Can you link it for us? I apologize if this has already been posted in this thread but its very long and some don't reply to particular posters so maybe I missed it.

With that being said, blaming a kid for not wanting to wait to see if option A would sign on first is pretty ridiculous. Last year all we heard out of you was that Harrellson couldn't be any good because he signed with Western Illinois yet now everyone he agrees he is a stud. Before he was considered a stud, you NEVER had a story that Brad had him next on the list if Alexander didn't come. Seems like a made-up story to me that is being used to cover up the fact that Brad was a poor evaluator of talent. Thank god we've finally got a coach that can evaulate talent and issues like this, Booker, Ahearn, Falker, etc. will be few and far between.

sorry, but you are wrong. i wrote that brad asked him to wait to sign from day one of harrelson gate. that is nothing new. and pardon me if i dont include him in the stud list just yet. scoring 20 vs the first juco center he came up against isnt necessarily proof he is about to become wes unseld yet.

i am amused that you include falker in your list. it has always been widely known that falker told romar his jr year in high school thanks but no thanks. but whatever made up story fits your battle fine.

here you go kshoe. you can apologize for your attacks and insinuations i made it up.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/story/172409.html

harrellson now has much bigger aspirations. his most recent list is big time schools sans the billikens. plus he is at swic which is the juco where the asst coach hates slu and thinks we arent big time enough. so we definitely arent getting any inside help and wont.

if harrellson truly wanted to be a billiken he wouldnt have taken us off the list. hell he wouldnt have signed with western in the first place if he wanted to be a billiken.

move on to the next guy.

from the story you linked:

"Harrelson is the real deal. Agile for his size (285 pounds), the St. Charles, Mo., native is being looked at by West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Indiana and Ohio State."

The story states that is a list of schools looking at him, not "his" list.

from the story you linked:

"Harrelson is the real deal. Agile for his size (285 pounds), the St. Charles, Mo., native is being looked at by West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Indiana and Ohio State."

The story states that is a list of schools looking at him, not "his" list.

i know the news democrat sports guys. trust me they asked about slu. and even if they didnt, so you are saying that majerus then isnt interested. hmmm. would think he was since he is such a stud.