Femi John comparisons?

I haven't seen Mr. John play, but for those who have, what current or former college player does he remind you of??? Also, what current or former Billiken player does he remind you of??? From reading the board, it seems you guys are all pumped up to have this kid on board for '08. I would just like to see some comparisons...nothing Harold Miner-esque, hopefully!

This may sound weird but I think the player who he most reminds me off coming out of high school--although he is taller--is Irwin Claggett. He is a potential big time scorer with a nice long shot that is getting better. He is not yet a polished all around player but in the right situation where he gets good coaching and has a point guard that can get him aht ball he can be a clutch scorer. Irwin also needed to work on his defense coming out of high school.

Anthony Jones but more skilled on the perimeter. Bodytype similar to John Redden, more athletic than him but not nearly the defender.

Bills haven't really had a guy like John. North has always had an awesome weight program and he is a product of it. At 6'3. 6'4 and he is solidly over 200 lbs. A really strong guard, can rebound against bigger guys and run over over people to the basket. His shooting needs work. He isn't a terrible defender or as bad as people say he is. North runs a zone all the time so his one on one skills are rarely seen defensively but he has them.

Good post about their weight program. They send guys D1 every year in football, often multiple guys, including this year with Josh Hager (Indiana) and starting pg Brandon Thompson going to SEMO for football. In fact, I think the team's entire starting lineup in basketball is going D1 in some sport because I think Ryan Goldkamp is a D1 soccer player. Their weight program is tremendous. Roundtree, John, and Booker are built like football players.

Especially when you compare what they were on the high school level. Femi, I think is a lot stronger at this stage than Darren was. That is a lot to ask Femi to live up to. Brooks was a hell of a player, one of my favorites. That said I do like the comparison.

If he's the next Darren Brooks, then we got a steal with him. I loved Brooks' game in high school and thought SLU should have given him a shot, but like most other schools, SLU didn't see a lot of upside with him and let him slip through the cracks. SIU was smart on that one. I've never seen Femi John play, but I can only hope he's like Brooks.

archy, we never got an opportunity to see cranford before he signed. we have seen john. the first 20 seconds cranford played for slu it was obvious we had been snookered.

john is not ricky cranford.

to watch him without the ball on the court was simply painful. it was like turning loose a 6th grader in his first game. he had absolutely no team sense about him. athletic maybe, and ball skills maybe, but that is for the playground, not division one basketball.

Randy was an incredible athlete, recruited all over the place for basketball and football, but his shot was ugly. However, we had a few much worse than him at shooting on that team: Floyd McClain (went in sometimes, but terrible mechanics), John Seyfert, and Kenny Brown (maybe not fair becuase they were bigs, though). Even when Randy left SLU with a Bluto Blutarski GPA of 0.0 (after a year at the academic powerhouse Barton CCC), he was heavily sought after by Mizzou, Arizona, and a lot more. Nice player and nice kid, just wish he could have gotten it together in the classroom.