Femi John

From those of you still pushing for a FJ scholarship offer now, please see my post #13 in this thread and tell me who you would prefer Femi over. In addition to the 5-6 players I mentioned there, I would also figure that RM will want to add a PG and probably has a few national/international players whom he might be after.

I wondered last week if FJ was a possible plan B. I think this may be an indication he is. RM said he was on the trail of a good PG & SG. If he didn't offer FJ, he mustn't be at the top of the list. He may be playing recruiting chess right now, calling the prime target and telling him he needs a commitment now or he's going to go with another fine prospect that has already indicated his williingness to come. I don't think the top prospects are going to be able to keep RM dangling the way the could BS because of RM's stature. I think they'll have this class wrapped up by mid September at the latest, even with 6 to offer.

i'm just enjoying all the flipping about when to offer scholarships now as compared to billiken history.

oh how soon we all forget d brooks or lucas o'rear or matt shaw.

hey i know we got a new sheriff in town, but both romar and soderberg were roasted for playing this game.

in majerus we trust.

LOL. Not only is there a new sheriff in town, but there's at least one new deputy and they all have new cruisers. The point is that the whole situation has changed. When did we ever hear about Sodie having a Femi John type recruit coming to him saying "offer and i'll accept"?

There are a lot of reasons that RM is being treated differently, the situations are apples and oranges. It's not flipping, it's readjusting viewpoints based on a changed reality.

nate assured us constantly that eckerle and harrelson would have danced all the way to west pine to get that offer.

we have been told that brooks, shaw, and o'rear would have done the same. all three of them were higher profile high schoolers than john.

>From those of you still pushing for a FJ scholarship offer

>now, please see my post #13 in this thread and tell me who

>you would prefer Femi over. In addition to the 5-6 players

>I mentioned there, I would also figure that RM will want to

>add a PG and probably has a few national/international

>players whom he might be after.

Femi isnt even the top sg I want, but I was just saying that he can play and is very close in ability to Roundtree. A local sg I want more than either Roundtree or John is Matt Roth.

V. No, you FJ is worthy of a scholarship and, in support, pointed out that Mizzou and Illinois were recruiting him. Is not SLU still recruiting this guy? Signing period is not until November - 6 months away. If this thread is accurate, then might not SLU and RM still want him, even if not immediately as with Brett? Do we know if Mizzou and Illinois are treating him any differently?

It is one thing to say "We really like you, we want you, please keep us in mind and let us know and we'll see what we can do, don't select elsewhere without talking to me first..." and "please come and here's a scholarship for you if you commit now."

Your statement is a little incoherent. I like Femi. I'd like to see him in Billiken blue. I used the Missouri and Illinois statement which is true from the scout.com write up on him to show that other big schools are recruiting. That being said. The #1 local shooting guard I want is Matt Roth and I'm counting Suggs as a sf.

I don't think it is a mistake. How does he know the kid wants to committ. He also spoke with Suggs and probably others. I think he is doing the right thing and I think it would have been bad to delay the meeting. I would bet RM is a good enough communicator to meet w/ Femi and do a good job at keeping the kid in the fold while properly explaining why he wanted to be sure. It is also to the players benefit to make sure RM thinks he is a good fit. I not the player could be wasting time on the bench, when he could be playing somewhere else.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

FJ was offered last fall as I recall. He didn't bite then. He didn't bite when his two team mates declared for SIU this winter. Why? He didn't want to play for UB at SLU. UB goes. RM comes in, voila now he's ready to commit. Problem is RM's not ready to take it. Yes, we would have been thrilled 2 months ago if FJ had closed the deal with UB. Today? We're more thrilled we may have better options out there. I don't know if we lose FJ is a good thing or a bad thing, but I'll go along with Schaz and place my trust in a guy with a record of 424-147 in D1 hoops.