the streets

liddell had opportunities to play east coast after he had to go to prep school. he didnt.

once again, you show your love to small time anything about slu with the statement, " probably Tommie Liddell and Kevin Lisch would have liked to do had they had the opportunity. "

i know for a fact kevin would never had liked to have had that opportunity. he had zero interest in going to the east coast even if the likes of duke or north carolina had come calling. some folks dont drop down at the coach k idol and worship as apparently you believe.

as to

"Its good to know "most of St. Louis" will "write off" a kid if he chooses not to play basketball at St. Louis University."

look at it this way. if ryan robertson and scott highmark walked into the scott trade center and were introduced before a blues game, i would bet you that the lesser scott highmark would get the bigger ovation. same with erwin clagget and chris carrawell. clagget would get the greater cheers.

you can argue all you want and i am not saying it is right or proper, but st louis is very parochial and supports those that honor their st louis roots.

This simply may be a courtesy to Angres Thorpe and Femi John. I'm sure we are in hot pursuit of Suggs, but the chances of landing him are say 10-1, whereas Femi odds maybe 4 or 5 to 1. Trust in the Maji has to be the word.

>Your point doesn't matter ... because even though you won't

>acknowledge it, Brandenburg is interested in St. Louis U.

>

>- Nate

Nate, you're wasting your time debating with Roy.

Liddell had opps to play on the East Coast? Other than the UNLV offer name one.

Juniors rarely verbal so it wasn't Brad's fault? Really, look at the rankings and see how many juniors had given a commitment before now - plenty. SIU had 3 verbals for juniors. Fact is that while other schools were recruiting for 2008 Brad was playing catch up on 2007 because he couldn't close the deal. Now that Majerus is on board we know it wasn't the school, the facilities, the academics, the city, etc., it was the coach.

I'm also confused how one could defend Brad's recruiting post the Liddell and Lisch recruiting...not only that I'm not certain the point in trying to defend the lack of solid recruits past those two young men. I mean is that not one of the prime reasons he got the pink slip???

We have 6 scholarships to give. Even Duke doesn't get 6 all americans. John is a competent player worthy of a SLU scholarship with Soderberg or Majerus here. Don't compare him to Brown, only comparison there is that they are probably both role players. John has the ability to be a very good role player. I'd compare him favorably to Fischer without the pg skills or maybe a better perimeter skilled version of Anthony Jones.

so your point on that reply post to torch courtside?

dont tell me about antagonizing posts.

For John, it's really all about consistency with his shot. He palms the ball too much when he shoots, which he can get away with sometimes from the field because he shoots his jumper with a lot of elevation. But the excessive palming has proven disastrous from the free throw line. If John can get that corrected, the entire perception of him as a recruit will change. There aren't a lot of 6'4 200 lb quick high school guards with lightning crossover dribbles.

>so your point on that reply post to torch courtside?

>

>dont tell me about antagonizing posts.

Actually it is in response to his yesterday Roy. When a moderator of this board approaches me to discuss Torch's long time bigotry issues, it becomes more than just me.

if torch would have incited such with the post you were responding to, then i would agree. but that specific post was nothing of the sort.

if you wanted to respond to the post you referenced, then wouldnt it make more sense to reply to that specific post?

maybe torch was going to let it go. it sure seemed like he wasnt going to bring up the subject again. you did. so again, dont be lecturing others about antagonizing posts when obviously you are as guilty as anyone else.

i can emphatically tell you i have never called anyone a bigot. particularly when the post responded to contained nothing to spark that response.

Seems like I'm one of a few--I hope for more than FJ quality from RM. I see him more as an SIU-C or SWMS mid-major level player, not what Rich was hired to recruit to SLU. We need to stop thinking small and start seeing this program at a new level---the BT, SS, JB & TG level!

bauman, i think john has enormous potential. he already has a very strong body and is very athletic. as documented by a number of posters he lacks a known 3 point shot. if he was a dead eye shooter, he would be an extremely high recruiting target.

that said, i understand what you are saying. and i cant argue the point. however, with 6 to give, and assuming you are advocating using them all, it will very difficult to convince 6 top 50 players to all come to st louis in one recruiting class.

TG/Tyler Griffey.

I am not familiar with the 09 class but I wouldn't mind keeping a scholarship in hand from 08 to 09. If I remember correctly, we will have 3 players leave then---TL, KL & BE. A fourth wouldn't be a bad idea coming out of what we all believe will be a very good 08-09 season.

From all I have read on this Board, only Courtside would not be disappointed if we don't make a NCAA tournament appearance after that season. As I recall during the series of posts where he lectured us on the meaning of the word "expect" (and it's derivatives), he is willing to give RM 5 years to make the Dance. (I'm sorry, it's taken me this long to stop choking over that statement.)

Don't feed the troll Roy.

courtside is the new triangle and two, just not as entertaining but possibly more arrogant with even less actual basketball knowledge.

>both are shooting guards and right now I wouldnt be

>overwhelmed with a committment of femi john. He can walk

>on. haha, Im just kidding, but really, after this

>committment of BT, I feel like we should only get 4 star

>recruits.

>

>And Nate comparing John to DB doesnt make me jump out of my

>seat either. I have heard all about FJ's offense, but how

>is the defense? Vtime, Nate? If he could be a josh fisher

>on defense than I think that would be an outstanding pick

>up. If he is danny brown on defense. I would look

>elsewhere. Hows the D?!?!

>

>

>Nick

John uses his physique to keep opposing guards out of the lane. They play a great team defense at McCluer North and most of their games are ugly so its hard to see anyone really standout defensively, its more of a team effort.

>Don't feed the troll Roy.

>

>courtside is the new triangle and two, just not as

>entertaining but possibly more arrogant with even less

>actual basketball knowledge.

Don't complain to me, Nark is the one who approached me and called you a bigot. Go to him if you have a problem with it.

I will be disapointed if we don't make it this year. We haven't lost alot and we weren't far off last year. Imo what we added in depth at the guard (MR & AM) plus adding BE at the 4 at least makes up for the difference in IV to BH. If RM is the coach we think he is we are in. If we are not it will make Brad's coaching job last year look better than we(me included) thought it was.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.