Greskenas leeds Three Rivers National Tourney

mackim56

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know how Mantas and Three Rivers did tonight, after the game. We play Chipola FL at 8pm, winner goes to final four. Not many give the Raiders much chance however. Chipola was ranked #1 most of the year they are 30-1 i think. Chipola beat the Alabama team we beat last night twice during regular season. Anything can happen in a one game thing. Indian hills Iowa went undefeated during regular season but lost first game in tourney today. Indian Hills beat us by 6 points in Feb. We shall see.

Raiders lose by about 15, best we can do now is 5th in Nation, Still not bad but dog gonnit, Three Rivers and Griskenas picked a bad time for one worse games all year. We just didn't play well enough to have a chance. Griskenas got in foul trouble very early, hate to say this but he didn't get anything done tonight.

3 points on 1-1 from 3 point land. Hand full rebounds and when Mantas don't show up we are in trouble. Just one of those games.

mac, i am sorry to hear your season ended. however, the sooner the better for slu! the less the big boy johnny come lately coaches see of mg the better for us likely.

C'mon, Brian, Billikan said great players. I know of only two who could fall into that category: TL and KL. I just thought Billikan was being overly gushy about our current roster. It sounded like he meant we were stocked with great players. Which we know, all too painfully well, we are not. I am not trying to subvert UB's chances with any player. Cripes I hope he pulls a Sampson and convinces Tyus to decommit to Billy the Kid.

Well it is disappointing when the season ends and you didn't win the ring, however this years team wasn't expected to win our region "State" much less play in sweet 16 National Njcaa tourney. We were very young only 3 Soph and the rest were Freshmen. We started 3 Freshmen, so we had a great year and look forward to next year with a 6' 11" c and 6' 9" pf and experienced PG comming back.

Mantas G has not indicated a major that I know of but word is he is a good student, on tract to grad with no problem. Very good English.

From here on unless I hear anything on his recruiting, won't hear from me.

Good Luck with recruiting MG and others.

mac

I was talking to somebody last night that said Mantas was here for the North Carolina game. I guess Mantas knows Tyler Hansborugh relatively well. This person also said he was close to Mantas coach. He said he is being recruited very hard by Arkansas State and they are really makinga push a for him. He also said Mantas has a girlfriend in Poplar Bluff and that could factor in and Jonesboro, AK is pretty close to Poplar Bluff. He also said he has seen Mantas play a number of times and that he is an absolute beast and could just be an enormous land for SLU.

Take all that for it's worth.

Thanks for your vote on how nice it must be to Live in Poplar Bluff!!! I have a cousin who lives in St Louis, with the same thoughts. I ask him how often he does all the wonderfull things the city offers -- he said oh man 10 - 12 times a year. I laughed at him. I live in a 3,000 ft brick home in area of Doctors, Lawyers and business owners. {Paid less than $150,000.00} I live less than a 10 min drive from work. My tax's and overall cost of living is much less than the city. Now I'am not going to put your fine city down, however as for me I will stay "in the sticks" and drive to the city when I want something I don't have here.

Good response, there are good things to be said about both city living and small town living ... to each his own. Thanks for the updates. Let us know if you have any new info.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Poplar Bluff is no different than most other places in that some have money -- some don't. Someone ask if I was a 20 yr old College student -- no I'am 57 yrs old and that could make a difference in how one feels. My point was -- what a way to try and recruit someone -- put his home down.

small towns and large cities-we in St. louis would not want someone to judge us by how we looked in the late sixties and seventies when people fled because of civil unrest and minorities wanting in a hurry what Kennedy promised. Change scared people. Now we have had lots of good changes in St. Louis but we shouldn't be surprised that all ships rise in a rising tide and we have found that it is good for all of us

that we don't have to stand on someone elses shoulders to keep from drowning.

It would be great if could get MG to play for us and I think he would

find the influence of St. Louis would spread the reputation of his skills throughout Southeast Missouri.

I wanted to thank you for all of your reports on the JC tournament.

Please ignore any cynical comments about small towns. Even though I have lived in the St. Louis Metro area my entire life, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent in the rural areas of Missouri visiting friends and relatives. I have been to Popular Bluff many years ago and found it a great place to be.

If the small towns are good enough for John Mellankamp, they are good enough for me.

P.S. We are the same age; getting older but still young.

On our local region 16 Juco board the subject came up also and earlier fans would ask MG where he was going and he said he couldn't or wouldn't talk about it till season was over.

He is getting tons of letters from all over but the Three Schools who seem to be really going after him is SLU, Ark-State and Idaho but that is all I know for now. Will keep you up on anything I hear -- if your interested.

Mr Mackim, you mentioned that MG's "hometown" is PB.....Is that true? Or did he immigrate. Their seem to be a few other Lithuanian / Russian type names on the TR teaam. Is their a foreign connection? Or was there an influx of families that immigrated their.

In St. Louis over the past 15 years there have been many Bosnian, Serbians and Russian who have immigrated. Just curious.