Kramer S

frank c said the same today on the pressbox kfns show. good for kramer, not good for coach soderberg recruiting those kids. his advantage just went away.

If the inroads on any recruit have not been made by now, they will not be made. I think BS makes a point of being blatantly honest with recruits and family, being genuine as a person, now as recruiting for these talents heats up the recruits and their families may see the contrast between BS and others.......hopefully it works.

Could Kramer be going to the big Camps??

was this past summer when he could be one of the first coaches to talk to the parents, make inroads, and see the kids play.

At this point, SLU, as well as most of the programs of consequence, have already offered the guys we care about so what advantage would we really have?

>frank c said the same today on the pressbox kfns show. good

>for kramer, not good for coach soderberg recruiting those

>kids. his advantage just went away.

Shouldn't a father do what is best for his kid? Doing what is best for your kid is never bad. I would think a parent of a recruit would appreciate that a coach puts the interest of a kid above anything else. Let's see how it plays out. I have confidence in Brad.

If UB hasn't made an impression on Kramer's ex team mates and their parents by now, then he's never going to do it. The decision for the best of '08 is going to come down to the following factors in my opinion: Do they feel comfortable with the guy selling them, the coach. Do they want to go to a prestige or favorite type school over SLU, ie Kansas, or they've cheered for Mizzery since they were five years old. I think it was Brandenberg who said he dreamed of playing for UNC since he was a little kid. Do they want to play close to home or go away? Do they see any benefit in being part of the new arena and hopefully start a new era in SLU basketball. Am also sure they and their parents are going to take a hard look at who else these top schools are bringing in and what are their chances of getting playing time. Now, that's where UB has a huge benefit to offer. I don't know if any of these kids have the status of Tyus, who kind of teased us last year. But then when it came right down to it, he signed on for the bright lights and knock out coeds of Florida. Who knows though, maybe he doesn't cut it there, and all of a sudden SLU looks good to him.

slu72, there are plenty of charmers that will be johnny come lately's and pile on the suggs, brandenberg's etc with tales of why they shouldnt be billikens. it would have been nice for brad to be sitting next to the parent that was in his camp but now thanks to the b.s. that say a kelvin sampson lies to them about, sees and talks to brad and is immediately bumped back to reality.

i bet that about now, lance stemler wishes he would have had brad soderberg next to him on his trip back from indiana.

his playing time has steadyly decreased. i think he played four minutes the last game of the big ten tourney. he is never an offensive option anymore and deandre thomas, one of the best power forwards in juco land that loves to rebound and play inside defense has committed to indiana.

That's definitely one recruiting advantage the big statey's have over us and other's like us....When a kid's in his driveway going for the winning shot in the national championship it's usually for Illinois, Mizzery, and not SLU.

>If UB hasn't made an impression on Kramer's ex team mates

>and their parents by now, then he's never going to do it.

>The decision for the best of '08 is going to come down to

>the following factors in my opinion: Do they feel

>comfortable with the guy selling them, the coach. Do they

>want to go to a prestige or favorite type school over SLU,

>ie Kansas, or they've cheered for Mizzery since they were

>five years old. I think it was Brandenberg who said he

>dreamed of playing for UNC since he was a little kid. Do

>they want to play close to home or go away? Do they see any

>benefit in being part of the new arena and hopefully start a

>new era in SLU basketball. Am also sure they and their

>parents are going to take a hard look at who else these top

>schools are bringing in and what are their chances of

>getting playing time. Now, that's where UB has a huge

>benefit to offer. I don't know if any of these kids have the

>status of Tyus, who kind of teased us last year. But then

>when it came right down to it, he signed on for the bright

>lights and knock out coeds of Florida. Who knows though,

>maybe he doesn't cut it there, and all of a sudden SLU looks

>good to him.

Brandenburg better keep dreaming. He's not UNC bound. Not even close. They get top 50 players. He's not even close. After this summer he wont be top 100. It was cute to be athletic and a shotblocker as a freshman, but 2 years later he is the same player and he's been leapfrogged by a lot of guys and it will show this summer. His inability to dominate his competition is just pitiful. He doesnt get the touches he deserves, but he should still be a terror on the offensive boards and get his points there. He should be averaging double figure rebounds, but he's not.

Kramer is not playing with the Eagles because he wants to work on his own game. He is not too old to play with the Eagles he just chose not to play with the Eagles. Personally I think that puts a dagger in SLU's recruiting of those guys. A couple of college coach's have told me how happy they are that Brad doesn't get that "unfair advantage." He can't sit in the stands with parents, he can't go to practices and he can't talk to the players when everyone goes to dinner on trips. Losing all of that extra contact makes it a little easier for a kid to say no to Brad and SLU.

Furthermore Brandenburg is going to be fine. He has been invited to the NBA 100 Camp, which is a skills camp run by the NBAPA. All of the college coaches that I have talked to still love him and still want him on campus. He has offers from Stanford, Wisconsin, Purdue, and many other schools. Florida and UNC are still pretty interested in him and he will receive a lot more offers as the spring and summer goes on. If you watch him play with the Eagles he is an entirely different player than he is with De Smet. He is more aggressive and he playes more comfortable.

I really don't know what the future of SLU is. I don't know what they are recruiting or how they are recruiting. It seems like most of the posters think the only recruiters out there are the dirty illeagle recruiters. There are a ton of good ones out there too.

The biggest problem SLU has is they are playing catch up in the recruiting game. They are trying to get late verbals for next season, while trying to recruit '08 kids, and a lot of other programs are starting to slot and evaluate '09 kids and SLU is nowhere close to that. So they are playing catch up and from the past recruiting performance it looks like they will always be playing catch up.

Let me get this straight. UB, who is not the best salesman, allows a big advantage, his son, to right down the toilet? Jeez, what is wrong with this guy? Does he want a buyout, take a little time off with a nice bankroll courtesy of SLU? Damn, I wished I'd chosen coaching as a career. Hefty multi year contracts, so-so performance, and backers saying "hey, stay the course."

How about if his son feels that the best way for him to play at the level he wants ... he would be better off not playing AAU.

Hell you could probably sell a kid early in life for a big down payment on a house therefor saving yourself thousands in interest.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.