Arena name leak

DoctorB

I don't think Dr. B is one for spreading rumors or joking around. I agree this is going to be the butt of many jokes. Can hear it now, Ah....so a Billiken is some kind of bug, huh? It would be insane to use the whole pest control thing in the name. Orkin arena wouldn't sound too bad, of course I guess that could be confused with the vacumn cleaners. Is Orkin a St. Louis based company? Or are we so desperate for naming rights, we'd take a name no one else would? Can you imagine the ESPN announcers, "Welcome to the Orkin Pest Control Arena here on the campus of St. Louis University, where the Billikens of St. Louis U hope to exterminate and drop a bug bomb on the Hawks of St. Joes into oblivion. Gasp......

Could very easily be just Orkin Fieldhouse, which would still be an f'ing joke, but who knows...

How about the Lemp Arena, with rafters haunted by 100 24/7 smoke machines??? The Bills could come out to:

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!!! YOU GAVE THE ARENA A BAD NAME!!!

bad taste - check.

You guys are too much - Dr. B is laughing his a$$ off at you guys. The press conference is open to the public and is at 2:00pm at the art gallery in Duburg Hall. From what I remember of the location it use to be the schoo's library before Pius was built so the area is more than adequate for the announcement. Be patient - we will know in a few minutes who it is.

Cheese bro;

yes, I am laughing, out loud. I guess that does happen from spending too much time reading and writing about Mark Twain.

Just a joke, guys -- a hoax. Thanks for the kind remarks from many of you about my seriousness. My friends will find that to be pretty funny, too.

I just called over to athletics -- officially announced as:

Chaifetz Arena (pronounced like "shay-fitz")

named for a wealthy alum--Richard Chaifetz

no joke this time --call and confirm yourselves if you want to.