Commitment

My concerns have basis which I have talked about before.

OH ###### NO THEY DON'T. THIS ROSTER IS STACKED AND JACKED AND WE'RE READY TO TEAR THIS LEAGUE A NEW GOTDAMN ###### BUTTHOLE. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SADSACK ###### PILLOWCASE BEFORE YOUR ****** ASS SUFFOCATES. THE BILLIKENS ARE ABOUT TO BE HATEFUL AND NOT JUST THAT, MAD HATEFUL. YEAH, I'M YELLING, ******. THAT'S JUST THE WAY I TALK. TIRED OF THE bull****. WAITED THIS LONG TO CALL YOU OUT. THE SKY IS ###### BLUE AND THE GRASS IS ###### GREEN. SUPPORT THE ###### TEAM. IF YOU DON'T OWN THE ###### UP RIGHT THE ###### NOW, AND WE START KILLING IT, I WILL GOTDAMN RAPE YOU WHEN I COME TO THE FETZ AND YOU'RE PLAYING JOHNNY ###### ALL-STAR FAN.

GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY.

TAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD OF IT.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who once ran a rivals site, I can assure you that their ratings are an uninformed crapshoot just like everyone else. With the exception of about two dozen kids out of thousands of recruits, the so-called experts don't see a meaningful enough sampling to provide credible comparative rankings.

Lay off Ben and his blog. He is working his butt off on his own dime to bring news to Billiken fans, and he is doing a hell of a job doing it. Unless and until you are willing to put forth the time and skill to do the same, you should just shut your mouth and thank him for his work.

Amen

Just so you're clear, K-State was far from a Top 50 program when Johnson signed there. They were 13-16 and in a shambles. The point is that Polk was never pushed for playing time. Luke Meyer was a starting 4 by default. Our roster now will have a lot of competition for playing time at every position. That is the big difference. Agree with you that a traditional low post scoring threat would help, but I think we will be able to score in a variety of ways.

In fact JJ had his schollie taken back from KState - that is why he was even available to us. So, (I am not dissing the guy) he was signed and then rejected by a 13-16 team - does not say alot about him. That being said, i thought he had lots of upside but never reached it.

6'6" 230. Undersized PF. BIG BOY.

Posted Image

We need a new Conklin and this dude looks to be Conklin already. I'm cool with this. Funny how this ###### comes out of nowhere.

"Glaze may turn out to be a fine player but I was also not impressed with his athleticism or skill set from video. Would love to see Rice recruit better athletes. Outside of Marshall we have very little athleticism. This has to be improved to play run and gun like we enjoy. Good luck to Grandy. Probably end up with the Sooners." quote from adjoining blog in April, 2011

to me video shows him jumping with one leg- rebounding with one hand-no great vertical; does remind me of BE who finally had some good games the last half of league play but RM could have 4 years to make him into a Conklin who looks chiseled in comparison to Glaze.

OH ###### NO THEY DON'T. THIS ROSTER IS STACKED AND JACKED AND WE'RE READY TO TEAR THIS LEAGUE A NEW GOTDAMN ###### BUTTHOLE. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SADSACK ###### PILLOWCASE BEFORE YOUR ****** ASS SUFFOCATES. THE BILLIKENS ARE ABOUT TO BE HATEFUL AND NOT JUST THAT, MAD HATEFUL. YEAH, I'M YELLING, ******. THAT'S JUST THE WAY I TALK. TIRED OF THE bull****. WAITED THIS LONG TO CALL YOU OUT. THE SKY IS ###### BLUE AND THE GRASS IS ###### GREEN. SUPPORT THE ###### TEAM. IF YOU DON'T OWN THE ###### UP RIGHT THE ###### NOW, AND WE START KILLING IT, I WILL GOTDAMN RAPE YOU WHEN I COME TO THE FETZ AND YOU'RE PLAYING JOHNNY ###### ALL-STAR FAN.

GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY.

TAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD OF IT.

#*#*ing HATE

I'm sure we're all thinking it, and there have been a few comments, but Grandy Glaze has to be the best Billiken name ###### EVAR. We might be able to call monopoly on all the badass names if we keep this up. Jordair Jett, Grandy Glaze, Kwamain in the Membrane, Kyle "Butch" Cassity, etc. etc. etc.

Hops aren't great, but he wore that rim out like Tommie Lee just from hanging on it.

Looks 25 pounds lighter in 2008 and jumped better: I hope they run the weight off him you know RM hates soft kids and brags about low body fat guys

"Glaze may turn out to be a fine player but I was also not impressed with his athleticism or skill set from video. Would love to see Rice recruit better athletes. Outside of Marshall we have very little athleticism. This has to be improved to play run and gun like we enjoy. Good luck to Grandy. Probably end up with the Sooners." quote from adjoining blog in April, 2011

to me video shows him jumping with one leg- rebounding with one hand-no great vertical; does remind me of BE who finally had some good games the last half of league play but RM could have 4 years to make him into a Conklin who looks chiseled in comparison to Glaze.

You can't tell much from a few youtube clips but Conklin wishes he had Glaze's hops. Conk just sucks at finishing around the rim which a physical undersized PF has to able to do. And I don't buy the Eberhardt comparison at all. The knock on Eberhardt was that he floated on the outside on the offensive end not wanting to go underneath and do the dirty work. Eberhardt wasn't a rebounder. I'm hoping for Conk 2.0: roughly same size, same mentality, but more athletic. Glaze was more highly recruited than Conk so we'll see what we got when spring rolls around.

Super excited about this commitment and for the season on a whole next year.

Just the fact that the one video had him dunking in a game makes me happy, because I am pretty confident that I have not seen Conklin dunk in his time as a Billiken. We need a rebounder and someone who can get those rebounds and put them back up strong. This is an article from the end of his '09 season after he had a 41 point game, and although it may not be as competitive of a team as his prep team was, that is still very encouraging. http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2009-0305/class-of-2011-intro-grandy-glaze/

He wants "most importantly, a place were people will work with me and push me everyday so I can become a better player each day. I do not want to go to a school that just lets players slack, I want a coach that’s gonna bust my butt.”

... you have to love that mentality. Welcome to Saint Louis Grandy, we need you to be a monster out there.

“I dont think I’m the next anyone, I want to be, and I will be, the FIRST Grandy Glaze“.

Super excited about this commitment and for the season on a whole next year.

Just the fact that the one video had him dunking in a game makes me happy, because I am pretty confident that I have not seen Conklin dunk in his time as a Billiken. We need a rebounder and someone who can get those rebounds and put them back up strong. This is an article from the end of his '09 season after he had a 41 point game, and although it may not be as competitive of a team as his prep team was, that is still very encouraging. http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2009-0305/class-of-2011-intro-grandy-glaze/

He wants "most importantly, a place were people will work with me and push me everyday so I can become a better player each day. I do not want to go to a school that just lets players slack, I want a coach that’s gonna bust my butt.”

... you have to love that mentality. Welcome to Saint Louis Grandy, we need you to be a monster out there.

“I dont think I’m the next anyone, I want to be, and I will be, the FIRST Grandy Glaze“.

Conklin had at least two nasty, two-handed dunks this past season. While it is obvious that Conk doesn't have much vertical, if he is left alone under the basket he can slam it home.

Conklin had at least two nasty, two-handed dunks this past season. While it is obvious that Conk doesn't have much vertical, if he is left alone under the basket he can slam it home.

I remember the one against Ole Miss and I remember him missing one against La Salle. But what was the other one?

Do you all realize this is a 2 1/2 year old video of an incoming freshman?

Yeah it was posted earlier in the thread.

Gotta love the way he runs the floor

DE is 6 foot 5 by RM measurement and I'll bet there is no contest about who is quicker.

I hope this kid is a banger and not the next VN; we need someone to back up Conk and to me the team before the GG signing RL looks like the big with the next most spunk.

Looks like a kid who could take up some room inside, box out, and get some rebounds. Rebounds hurt us last year, that is without question. Strength is what is needed for rebounding, as much as hops! Don't forget that!

DE is 6 foot 5 by RM measurement and I'll bet there is no contest about who is quicker.

I hope this kid is a banger and not the next VN; we need someone to back up Conk and to me the team before the GG signing RL looks like the big with the next most spunk.

No worries. UNLV and several BCS schools would have never offered VN a scholarship like they did GG. He's a much higher rated recruit than VN ever was. I don't recall VN ever described as a "banger."

Vashun had a flat belly and arms like that earlier picture in this thread only in his sad pathetic dreams. This kid is stacked more like Josh Fisher than Newborn.

Looks like a kid who could take up some room inside, box out, and get some rebounds. Rebounds hurt us last year, that is without question. Strength is what is needed for rebounding, as much as hops! Don't forget that!

Agreed. Most of our bigs are thin, so this kid is a welcome addition. Who cares if he is a 6-6 power forward. We've had 7 footers in the past who were soft and couldn't rebound. I'd rather have a shorter, physical player who will actually be effective. Remember, back in the day we did quite well with a freakin' 6-2 power forward - Donnie Dobbs.

I remember the one against Ole Miss and I remember him missing one against La Salle. But what was the other one?

Can't remember the exact game, but I do know he connected on another one. It was a similar situation as Ole Miss where he was left wide open under the rim. Might have to go back thru the GDTs to jog my memory.

Agreed. Most of our bigs are thin, so this kid is a welcome addition. Who cares if he is a 6-6 power forward. We've had 7 footers in the past who were soft and couldn't rebound. I'd rather have a shorter, physical player who will actually be effective. Remember, back in the day we did quite well with a freakin' 6-2 power forward - Donnie Dobbs.

Its funny that you mention Donnie Dobbs because he was the first person I thought of when I saw the description of this new player. Donnie was wonderful to watch as he hustled and used his frame to outrebound bigs who were much taller and he was an effective scorer inside as well. With our great shooters and quick guards a Donnie Dobbs type player at 6'6" and 235 pounds--really much bigger than DD--would be a welcome addition. Lets hope his intensity is as good as advertised because this team is intense to start with and he would be a nice future prospect who could give us some quality minutes right away.

Sorry if this has already been posted....

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/1620/Prep-Profile-Notre-Dame-Prep.php

"While Birch seems poised to take the next step into stardom, Grandy Glaze looks like the team’s emotional leader. A man among boys inside the paint, Glaze is a linebacker disguised as a power forward who plays with an incredible will to win. He loves to take the ball off the defensive glass and go coast to coast like a dump-truck running down hill and makes countless energy plays for his team."

Its funny that you mention Donnie Dobbs because he was the first person I thought of when I saw the description of this new player. Donnie was wonderful to watch as he hustled and used his frame to outrebound bigs who were much taller and he was an effective scorer inside as well. With our great shooters and quick guards a Donnie Dobbs type player at 6'6" and 235 pounds--really much bigger than DD--would be a welcome addition. Lets hope his intensity is as good as advertised because this team is intense to start with and he would be a nice future prospect who could give us some quality minutes right away.

A 6'6" Donnie Dobbs would have played in the NBA.