DONE!!!!!!!!

AlumniFan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some jackass writers who drink the ESPN koolaid. How does a team that has the greatest player of a generation and a former Cy Young winner possibly pitching 3 games, become such an underdog? Plus, they had American League defense in a National League ballpark. Arlington must be more east than Saint Louis.

F'em! I love all those d'bags saying Nelson Cruz this and Nelson Cruz that. Nelson Cruz didn't do diddly in the World Series. F'em!

The key to shutting down Cruz is to never pitch him inside. The Tigers continued to do it, and got burned. The one time the Cardinals did it he hit an absolute bomb to the upper duck.

TL and LB certainly deserve Mgr and MVP of the national league; but you would hope that somebody insist that Freese, Holliday, Jay, Furcal, Theriot spend some time in off season learning how to play defense and determining whose responsibility it is to catch

Pop ups, catch with two hands, hit the right cut off man.

The kind of money they make only Freese acknowledges his lack of finesse in the field.

How are we going to keep a healthy Allen Craig on the bench?

Allen Craig shouldn't say anything to the Cards, then hire an infield instructor and look at the offseason as a job spending 8 hours a day learning the footwork and the nuances of 2b. When he arrives in the spring show them what he has. If we get AP back, insert him at 2b, and add Adam to the rotation we could have nothing but a serious glove at SS and not worry about it. Jay needs to spend the offseason quieting his swing and turning himself into a leadoff hitter.

Allen Craig shouldn't say anything to the Cards, then hire an infield instructor and look at the offseason as a job spending 8 hours a day learning the footwork and the nuances of 2b. When he arrives in the spring show them what he has. If we get AP back, insert him at 2b, and add Adam to the rotation we could have nothing but a serious glove at SS and not worry about it. Jay needs to spend the offseason quieting his swing and turning himself into a leadoff hitter.

great thoughts skip. +1

Good thought, Skip. Craig did play 1st before becoming an outfield, so adjusting positions wouldn't be brand new to him. That would be huge if he could, although I'm not so sure it will happen.

craig couldnt be any worse in the field than schumacher and would be a huge upgrade at the plate.

one of the things i have never understood about larussa is his disregard for a legitimate leadoff hitter in the traditional sense.

what might be a thought is to use the abundance of power hitters to obtain a real leadoff hitter.

last, you have to like the starting pitching. add wainwright and the potential of lynn to what is already there is pretty nice.

there is no doubt that all in all the cardinals look real good for the future regardless of whether albert comes back or not.

Good thought, Skip. Craig did play 1st before becoming an outfield, so adjusting positions wouldn't be brand new to him. That would be huge if he could, although I'm not so sure it will happen.

I believe he was a SS originally or in college and played 3b for the majority of his minor league career. His glove though not great would be fine. It's the footwork he needs to work on

Magic season! 11 World Series! Eat that, Red Sox Nation! Sick of hearing "Red Sox Nation".

TLR out coached Washington, our bullpen was the difference.

What a man, Carp gutted it out game 7, adjusted to short rest, didnt have his best stuff, hit the corners.

Berkman, Molina and Freese were clutch hitters, Craig contributed at the plate, Albert won game 3 but did not hit his weight for the series. We couldnt have won without Furcal's glove & arm. Freese's tying double in the 9th and winning HR in the 11th of game 6 were epic.

4th game was fixed, they didnt want it to go 3-1, everyone loses interest, there goes the revenue. 2-2 series makes it exciting, after 5th game its still 3-2 and exciting. Holland threw 20+ balls that were not even close, they were called strikes. They quit showing Fox Trac late in the game, it was like the Zapruder film.

We overcame that.

Next year, Albert is gone, the biggest concern is SS, cannot pay Furcal $ 12M, even if he agrees to stay for $ 3M, will he be healthy? Will he hit?

May have to spend some of the Pujols money on a top notch SS. Reyes would be a bit expensive, may not be worth it.

Albert was a great one, but we dont pay $ 28M for what he has left. Other than game 3, he looked like he was on roller skates at the plate.

2012: Berkman to 1B, Craig to RF, find a SS, we also need to sign Schumacker for flexibility 2B-CF. I hear we are signing Buerhle for sure. We have a stud power hitter in AA that might be our future 1B, 2013... or we'll need to find one. 1B easy to plug, though no one will give us the 11 yrs Pujols gave us.

(fyi Craig is no 2nd baseman, no way)

I believe he was a SS originally or in college and played 3b for the majority of his minor league career. His glove though not great would be fine. It's the footwork he needs to work on

He mainly played 1st, SS, and OF in college. I didn't realize he had played short. I also noticed he has placed some 2nd base in his pro career. It'll be interesting to see if they try it.

Magic season! 11 World Series! Eat that, Red Sox Nation! Sick of hearing "Red Sox Nation".

TLR out coached Washington, our bullpen was the difference.

What a man, Carp gutted it out game 7, adjusted to short rest, didnt have his best stuff, hit the corners.

Berkman, Molina and Freese were clutch hitters, Craig contributed at the plate, Albert won game 3 but did not hit his weight for the series. We couldnt have won without Furcal's glove & arm. Freese's tying double in the 9th and winning HR in the 11th of game 6 were epic.

4th game was fixed, they didnt want it to go 3-1, everyone loses interest, there goes the revenue. 2-2 series makes it exciting, after 5th game its still 3-2 and exciting. Holland threw 20+ balls that were not even close, they were called strikes. They quit showing Fox Trac late in the game, it was like the Zapruder film.

We overcame that.

Next year, Albert is gone, the biggest concern is SS, cannot pay Furcal $ 12M, even if he agrees to stay for $ 3M, will he be healthy? Will he hit?

May have to spend some of the Pujols money on a top notch SS. Reyes would be a bit expensive, may not be worth it.

Albert was a great one, but we dont pay $ 28M for what he has left. Other than game 3, he looked like he was on roller skates at the plate.

2012: Berkman to 1B, Craig to RF, find a SS, we also need to sign Schumacker for flexibility 2B-CF. I hear we are signing Buerhle for sure. We have a stud power hitter in AA that might be our future 1B, 2013... or we'll need to find one. 1B easy to plug, though no one will give us the 11 yrs Pujols gave us.

(fyi Craig is no 2nd baseman, no way)

I usually take everything you say with a grain of salt but I agree to a point on game 4. I don't think FOX or MLB fixed it. It was Ron Kulpa's conscience and his overcompensation for his missed call on Holliday. Who knows. Holland was pretty impressive although maybe he walks a few and has to face adversity and breaks down. Oh well Cardinals still won so the point is moot.

MLB gave Kulpa a 95% grade after game 4. So either it was fixed and MB is very correct or it simply wasn't and we all need some new eyes. Like you said, 05, it doesn't really matter at this point.

I think Albert will be back. Probably for 6-7 years at around 25 million a year.

He mainly played 1st, SS, and OF in college. I didn't realize he had played short. I also noticed he has placed some 2nd base in his pro career. It'll be interesting to see if they try it.

What I'd like to see is Craig take it upon himself to force the issue.

MLB gave Kulpa a 95% grade after game 4. So either it was fixed and MB is very correct or it simply wasn't and we all need some new eyes. Like you said, 05, it doesn't really matter at this point.

I think Albert will be back. Probably for 6-7 years at around 25 million a year.

If he is back, it wont be 6-7 yrs.

Possible compromise is announce 6 yrs, whisper 3 of which are club options, makes it look better.

I hope that happens. But no way 6-7 years. Cardinal mgt & Pujols in a quandry.