Bills are 4 point dogs tomorrow

kshoe

Actually I was thinking SIU. On this one I am surprised we are the underdog. I'm going to check Blue Ribbon and see what they say

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

for the Bills tonight. One, can they win on the road against an equal like opponent? Two, can we beat a high mid major, that is supposedly better than Butler who is ranked 18th, A 6'7" nba probable pg? Can you say, Magic Clone. Who gets that assignment, TL? Surely not going to be DP, the guy would kill him. How will IV do, given they are not exceptionally big? LM,if he starts, will be matched up against a PF that is the same height. I see this being a nail biter. My guess would be TL's gonna get the 6'7" guy. Should be a good matchup. Just a feeling, I think it's how our bench plays tonight...JJ and DB. I also wonder if UB might not slip AK in there to match up against Andy Polka. Did someone say Polka?

I would start JJ at the 4 and pound it inside. DP needs to sit alot in this one ... Start DB or LM at the 3. Put TL on Schilb (sp). Their other guards are 6'5" and 6'1". We really matchup pretty well with size with LM and DB as the 3rd guard. We should have the advantage inside and we need to exploit it.

My guess would be the starters will remain the same. But I'd not be surprised to see DB and JJ inserted early, especially if they start doubling up on IV. Of course with the way TL and KL are shooting the rock this would be a good thing for us. I think this will be in the 70's although I'd like to see us hold them to somewhere in the 60's. Do they like to push it or more half courters? With their lack of height, you'd think pushing it would be difficult. They have to be pretty good as they lost to OSU by only 12 in Columbus. And I guess they made a nice run at the Buckeyes but folded late.

Dwayne will start and should start. Instead of us adjusting to their height at guard, let's make them adjust to our speed at guard. Besides, Dwayne can jump out of the bulding. I have no problem with him guarding a guy 3-4 inches taller than him.

For this team to reach its full potential, JJ needs to wrestle Luke's starting job away from him.

Danny, while I love his shot making ability, is still to erratic in my opinion to get starter minutes. Does anyone else here get nervous every time Danny puts the ball on the floor?

Not having actually seen that much of DB, is the problem bad handles, bad judgement, or a combo? I've kind of always liked him as he has a scorer's mentality and has shown flashes of brilliance from the outside. Heard he made some bonehead plays in the first half against Houston but came back to have a pretty good second half. We're gonna have nights we're KL or TL are cold, and next to KL isn't he the best shooter on the team?

I think the starters will be the same also. I said what I would do. I don't think they will have a problem matching up with our speed with or without DP in. The advantage we have over them is inside. Why not exploit it. DB or LM gives us the best physical matchups on their guards. With DP in they have 2 inches on us if TL guards Schlib, 4" if KL has to guard their other guard and another 4" with DP. With DB or LM we match up much better as KL moves to the 6'1" guy. We can still pust the ball with these guys. With the height advantage inside we should control the boards with IV and JJ leaving TL a little more freedom to get up the floor.

if i was the coach, my utilization of polk and meyer would depend on the other team for now.

if we are going against a team we can definitely get out and run successfully against, we have to play polk a lot.

if we are playing against a team that will force us to play slow, then polk doesnt help us as much and luke and johnson together become a much better combination due to the obvious likelihood that the game would become more physical (see texas a&m).

i think as soon as johnson is completely ready to go (and he looked ready to me saturday) i would be playing him as much as his conditioning allows. the question should be how to utilize polk, meyer, and brown now imo.

if we are to assume that assuming no foul trouble and good health that lisch, liddell, vouyoukas and johnson all play 30 minutes per game, that leaves 40 sub minutes for them and another 40 minutes for the other spot.

polk and meyer will get the lions share say 25 minutes each, that leaves 30 minutes to be used by brown and the rest of the bench. give brown 20 and then the sub of the day gets the other 10.

it isnt dwayne's vertical that limits him, it is his weight and overall size. law threw him around like a rag doll. belly button man to man defense in the half court game against physically stronger guards will never be dwayne's asset.

I would be shocked if DP has to match-up with many more players as physical as Law. I am willing to throw that game in the crapper as for as every player on the team is concerned.

I still think that giving BH the start and all the minutes he did early let A&M dictate the pace in that game. I thought that was a bad decision by BS.

Polk's contribution to the Billikens. I've heard a few opposing coaches, including Tom Penders, discuss how much he changes a game when he's running the show. Sometimes we need to look beyond points and shooting totals. As for defensive liability, Liddell can take on Schlib, while Polk can guard the opponent's smallest guard.

aj, if we are running, i agree. polk has done a great job this year on the break. but he was nothing offensively in the a&m game and couple that with getting beat up by law, if anything approaching that scenario happens again, dwayne cant have much rope in that game.

second, keep in mind everytime we have to switch things up defensively just because dwayne is small also puts us at a disadvantage. hopefully those scenarios dont happen often, but again, i dont think with our schedule we have much leeway to let those inbalances linger in our games long.