Bills are 4 point dogs tomorrow

kshoe

I disagree with your evaluation of Polk. In my opinion, he has played really well this season with the exception of the A and M game when the whole team--including Lisch--played terrible.

Polk's defense has been excellent--did you watch him against the big time scorer for Houston? He was on him from end to end and the guy shot the ball terrible because of the pressure. On the offensive end he has been a great ballhandler and he has by far our best assist to turnover ratio. Tommie, on the other hand, is playing well and rebounding like a madman but he is turning the ball over too often and he has very few assists. When they are both on the court it frees Tommie to handle the ball when we need it but it allows him to run the court with DP streaking with the ball. With regard to Polk playing against someone taller--I think he can match up with anyone who is within 5 or 6 inches of him unless the guy is an absolute stud athlete with NBA potential. On the other end, Polk can create match up problems and cause fouls. If he could just shoot the ball better--and I think his shot is much improved over last season but the shots are not dropping--he would be one of the most valuable guys on the team.

you disagree with my evaluation?

i said in the open court polk has been splendid this year and only noted how badly he was outplayed and outmuscled against the bigger law.

Polk matches up with anyone but stud athletes with NBA potential within 5-6 inches of him ... wow. I certainly think that statement is way off base. In this game playing polk on their 6'1" guard also leaves Kevin guarding a guy 4" taller and Tommie guarding a guy 2" taller. I don't know much about the skill level or athleticism of these guys, but unless we are much quicker or stronger ... I can't see how that favors us. From reading Blue Ribbon I don't get the impression we are going to have a huge speed advantage on them even with DP in the game. We have the ability to create better matchups with guys that are just as good. We also have a good height advantage inside with IV, JJ, and BH. With IV,JJ,(DB,LM),KL, and TL we still have players with the ability to push the pace when the opportunity is there and we will also have the physical matchups to pound the ball inside and dominate them in the middle.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

That is what I am saying ... it seems to me our big advantage over them is inside. We need to force our size on them and matchup against their guards the best we can. I think pushing the tempo doesn't force our game on them ... it is their game also. Again ... our advantage seems to be size inside ...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.