BLUE CREW Fundraising Ideas?

bluecrewprez

***PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT ASKING FOR MONEY IN THIS POST, JUST ASKING FOR FUNDRAISING IDEAS...AND I DO NOT INTEND THIS TO TURN INTO A "BASH THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT" THREAD***

Here's the BLUE CREW's situation in a nutshell: too many members (there's something you/I never thought I'd say), too good of a team (potentially), and too little money. For example, for the first road trip (SLU vs. SIUC), we have over 40 people going....the most we've ever had on a road trip is maybe 20 people. We are in dire need of raising some funds...especially if we make it to the tournament this year. We need ideas for how we could raise some money (we have a goal of $3,000-$4,000).

One idea that we had was selling our extra BLUE CREW shirts from last year (I think we have about 50) before/after a basketball game to the fans at Scottrade--which would help, but alone would not get us to our target. I also don't think we should sit back and have donations handed to us...we need to earn it/work for it...so any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :)

50/50 Raffle at UNC game, There would be no investment other than buying tickets, sell the tickets for a buck each, There will be over 20,000 people to try to sell to at the UNC game. Could you sell unused Blue Crew tickets?

If you sell the shirts at $10 each thats $500 if sell all 50, thats not a bad start. See if you could sell the shirts on this site

Sell T-shirts, and have a Fly Me dance/part after a bball game.

Hook up with 1818, and snag a donated or purchased set of tickets for a flight/hotel package at Cancun for the weekend of the game. Sell raffle tickets for $10 to $20 and watch the money roll in.

Make the post-game dance a big thing, and get 200-500 people there. Announce the winning couple at the dance, and send them on their way.

i agree with the shirt idea. the fact it is hard to find any wear that is billiken blue with the billiken on it would be a natural. however you might run into rights problems.

the 50/50 at the north carolina game is a fantastic idea as well. put your crew at all the doors selling those tix and you got 20,000 folks streaming in announce at half time the winning number, i for one would love to win a few thousand dollars right before xmas.

If I wasn't married you could auction off a date with me to young hot college girls and that would bring in some serious cash.

Or you could get Unca Sodaberger to pledge 5 cents for every B-Roy Post.

>Sell T-shirts, and have a Fly Me dance/part after a bball

>game.

>

>Hook up with 1818, and snag a donated or purchased set of

>tickets for a flight/hotel package at Cancun for the weekend

>of the game. Sell raffle tickets for $10 to $20 and watch

>the money roll in.

>

>Make the post-game dance a big thing, and get 200-500 people

>there. Announce the winning couple at the dance, and send

>them on their way.

WORST IDEA EVER!

A couple of ideas for you:

1) A couple of years back they had those blue shirts with SLU on the front and the billiken on the back. I think they were part of Welcome Week. As an alum, I thought the shirt was cool and was able to buy one for $10. I am sure that you could try to sell some of those. Maybe SLU would give them to you for a discount.

2) What about working at Scottrade for Blues games at a concession stand. I know they used to do things like this and would give you a % of the revenues. Not sure how the Blues are doing or how lucrative that would be.

3) What about selling food in the quad. I know it is getting cold but people always love something other than the cafeteria to eat.

4) The date with A_Bomb is a great idea. I think A_Bomb netted us $100 once for a fraternity auction. While that may not be feasible he brings up a good idea, maybe you could do a date auction for all the beautiful people in the Blue Crew.

Get a local restaurant to comp lunch for two...

then sell tickets ($1.00)for a drawing to have lunch with either brad or cheryl or shimmy.

I'd buy a dozen or two for the chance to have lunch with shimmy or cheryl.

>4) The date with A_Bomb is a great idea. I think A_Bomb

>netted us $100 once for a fraternity auction. While that may

>not be feasible he brings up a good idea, maybe you could do

>a date auction for all the beautiful people in the Blue

>Crew.

I'm sure the gentleman who won A_Bomb was happy with his services. This is a good idea. Lets ***** out some young gal in order to raise a few bucks for gas money.

If you wanted to raise some money a good idea would be to organize a trivia night(general or sports). All you would need is a hall - perhaps somewhere on campus - and you could get someone from AB to donate some beer. Maybe you could auction off some Biliken gear or tickets(to premium games). You could get Mr. Soccer to emcee. Get Pasta House to donate some food or gift certificates. You'd get free publicity here, plus spread the word on campus and see if the administrators will let you put something on the SLU website.

Before you get too far down this road with ideas, clear the initial fundraising concept with the SLU AD. The Baby Blues used to work every home Rams game at a concession stand in the Dome to raise extra funds...SLU put the nix on that. The Band has had offers of donations that SLU said had to go through the department as well and would become a part of our budget, not necessarily extra funds.

They have rules against hitting up their current doners and may have other rules against an athletic department organization such as yours raising outside funds.

This is not an attack, please do not respond to this as an opening for an attack, I just don't want the prez to get too far down the road with ideas and then get shut down at the last minute.

Is SLU providing the SIUC tickets to you? Have they offered a bus suggestion to go?

Didn't the station guy from KFNS 590 offer a huge bus for a roadtrip last year? The Bull or whatever his name was?

Good ideas...half of em would be a pain in the but to try and organize through SLU's rules and crud like that. Trying to work the Blues game is a great idea. Does that indoor soccer team still play at Savvis too?

Also for road trips, you might have to bite the bullet and split the costs up between everyone going. No one ever said you had to do free road trips for every game...see if the BC can't throw in free tix to a road game and split everything else.

I like the 50/50 fund raising idea at the UNC game, here are some ideas on logisitics....let's realize it is a few days before Christmas and people entering Scottrade will be pumped to either see SLU or UNC so I would suggest a minimum of $5 per chance..get BC people at each entrance in numbers to handle selling the chances..announce the winner at the under 16 timeout in the 2nd half (some of us are in the bar at halftime)...but if your desire is to fund a trip to Carbondale, this maybe too late....

Sorry, Bphan and Metz. The Blue Crew should sell tickets to watch you two drinking in your room and telling war stories of how you would be stars on this team had the circumstances been right.

Besides, SLU students are so much more sophisticated when they party these days, as now they all sip cappucinos and read Proust and Bronte on a burning hot Friday night date. Is the theater really dead?