STUPID RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SluSignGuy

there were so many things bad in this game its hard to complain about anything in particular but our fourth quarter "hurry up offense" consisted of nothing but 5 yard pass plays to the middle of the field. Unbelievable. This team (in particualt this coach) deserves to have to go on the road. We win despite Martz, not because of him.

>The NFC just isn't very good this year and the Rams are far

>from being amongst the best the NFC has to offer.

I can't argue the point that the NFC isn't stellar (compared to the AFC, I guess), but to say, "The Rams are far from being among the best the NFC has to offer," is just plain dumb. (I don't think you're dumb, so I'll chalk it up as a brain cramp.)

At 12-4, the Rams are tied for the best record in the NFC (if not the NFL, period). Furthermore, the Rams went 4-0 against teams from the AFC.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about football as basketball, so would you please tell me all those "weak" NFC teams that are better than the St. Louis Rams to prevent the Rams from being among the best teams in the "weak" NFC?

Gee the stars must be alligned differently the last couple nights because I find myself agreeing with my friend Thicks for the 2nd stratight night. No question that the AFC has more quality teams than the NFC, and losing today to the Lions today with something that should have been worth playing for is inexcusable.

The Rams did finish tied for the best record in the NFC at 12-4 so they did do some things pretty darn good along the way. I'd even agree with the notion that we won some of those 12 games ugly, but heck, I saw the local team here in Tampa make a living out of winning ugly last year...all the way to a SB too.

I'm sure hoping that this was a one game blip, but we will only go as far as Bulger will take us and no one knows how he will stand up to playoff pressure. I won't be jumping off either the bandwagon or the Sunshine Skyway Bridge this evening over this loss.

I don't know where they should truly rank. They have one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL and their defense is in the top third (before today) in points allowed. However, they have barely beaten several mediocre or poor teams and, they were pounded by the Giants (okay, only 10 points, but the GIANTS), albeit the first game of the season. Losing to Detroit certainly did not help. They also barely beat Arizona (game went to OT). Lost to San Francisco by twenty and then barely beat them (another OT victory). Chicago was another close game against a weak team.

The truth is that the Rams could very easily be 8-8 as anyone who really follows football knows. Now, don't get me wrong, I live and die Ram's football, but it is what it is and the Rams, despite their record, are lucky to be where they are.

Yeah, I know, they had several quality wins, but come the playoffs, a close loss is worthless.

We all know about their dominance at home with an 8-0 record, although a couple of those games (Seattle and Baltimore) we're awfully close. Their road record @ 4-4 is terrible when you consider the 4 wins are over Arizona, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Cleveland. The only game out of those four decided before the final play was Pittsburgh. How in the world can this team expect to go into Philly and win a game? IMO the only hope the Rams have at this point is for Green Bay (or whoever it is) to walk into Philly and pull off the upset and then have to come to STL. Otherwise we are done.

I don't think the Rams will make it to Philly, the Packers could easily come in here and beat them.

To answer your question Thicks...Yes, the Rams are 12-4, but it is a VERY ugly 12-4. They proved just how average they are by getting pounded by one of the worst teams in the league yesterday.

If you are asking me for my opinion on who in the NFC I think is better than the Rams here it is...Keep in mind this only my opinion:

Philadelphia

Green Bay

Dallas

Carolina

And got a split on the road which is usually the formula that most people prefer. I already said that some of the wins on the road were ugly, but some fans aren't happy unless the scores are lopsided and heck there is another team out on the field trying their darndest to win too. Like I said before last year's SB Champ had the formula down pat for winning ugly. I'm anxious to see how the games play out, and if Bulger can withstand playoff pressure.

I'm not sure all those teams are better, but that is just my opinion. The problem is, we never see the same Rams more than once. If offense is going well, defense sucks and vice-versa. If both are going well, then special teams suck. It's like you never know what you will get. I do not think Dallas is better at all. I think they are just a well coached team that was forced to believe and the sense of urgency was shoved down their throat. (Wish I saw more of that in Billikenland) I don't think GB is better team, but boy are they playing at a high level right now and have peaked at the right time. Carolina has great defense, but can be beat by us if our Rams offense is working well and our O line is protecting Bulger. Philly scares the heck out of me, and I do think they are better than the Rams. Another thing, I don't think Rams fans (myself incuded) like how we have scraped out a lot of wins. While that may not show dominance, it shows the ability to find ways to win. I think the only chance of going to the SBowl is if Philly loses at home, which could happen. I think we can be everybody else at home.

Also, Bulger scares me. I think he is emotionally weak. If we do have to go to Philly - he will crack. He gets rattles emotionally way too easy as we say when the rude STL fans were chanting for Warner weeks ago.

Blowouts in the parity stricken NFL are few and far between. IMHO there is so much parity that playoff teams can be beaten by the alsorans if they don't bring at least a solid "B" game. I did not see yesterday's game and have seen about half the Rams games. I got cheap when I moved down here from Seattle and I did not purchase a dish. I had the NFL package the year the Rams won the SB and that was sweet. Now I have to visit the local sports watering hole to watch Rams games, and that is just not always in the cards.

My main concerns going into the playoffs are Bulger, Bulger, and Bulger. If he can get decent protection and doesn't beat us with dumb picks then it will be up to the defense to hold their end of the bargain. Frankly, in the games I did watch where L. Little was playing, I liked the way the Rams "D" played. Philly's defense did not look very good against the 49er's and they are susceptible to being beat by a good run team...like the Packers. It will be interesting how it unfolds, but I'll maintain that Bulger is our main worry going into the SB Tourney.

Yea, but they have an even bigger problem at QB than the Rams in Qunicy Carter. I like Carolina in that game with the home cooking. I also like the Pack over the Seahawks which would set up a Panthers VS Rams and Pack VS Eagles Semi in the NFC.

Torry Holt? Good question, but much more of a concern is Bruce...when he does not play, rams are int rouble especially on road....Looker and Furrey just aren't good enough...sorry Looker fans. He has not looked good at all lately. Run the freakin ball!

Then again, the overpaid line would have to them than anybody block...

Rams over Carolina, GB over Seattle, GB over Philly, Rams over GB. Go Carolina, rather play them than anybody else. Too bad they can't play Dallas and beat the stuffing out of them. Rams will be okay.

I'm damn proud to be a lifelong Detroit Lions fan! Of course I got to miss the game (travelling on Sunday) and heard the score from the pilot on my flight but damn, this feels good (and by the way, I do like the Rams and hope a Super Bowl trip is looming). Hopefully this provides MAJOR momentum for the Motor City Kitties for next year.

I remember that in the 1999-2000 season, when the Rams won the Super Bowl, they lost their last regular season game on the road to a young team with a quarterback who had been the #2 pick in the draft that year. The team the Rams lost to was the Philadelphia Eagles and the quarterback was Donovan McNabb. I'm pretty sure that the Eagles made the playoffs the next season and have continued to do well the next few years.

There are definitely some similarities between the Eagles that year and the Lions this year, the biggest being McNabb and Harrington. Who knows, maybe the Lions will make a big step next season.

I heard the same comparison when I was in Detroit.

The Leos have a good core of young players on both sides of the ball (more on D) but need more depth and talent overall. Harrington has been ineffective because recievers drop passes and there no deep threat with Rogers out. The secondary, besides Bly, is pathetic. I know people love to rip Millen but he's done a very good job drafting, he just needs to stop making some boneheaded FA moves (i.e. Billy Schroeder).

The only disappointment for me with the playoffs is that the Packers won't be coming to St. Louis (unless they beat the Eagles). Nothing I like seeing more than the Pack go down in flames!

if Dallas beats Carolina and the Pack win then they will be coming to the dome. the NFL reseeds after the 1st round. Favre and domes, as a Rams fan I'll take my chances.

As for the Lions and for that matter the Cardinals. I wouldn't book any superbowl tickets for next season just yet.

Also, B-law it seems to me if you really like the Rams and the Lions the only good outcome is a Rams win. The benefit to the Rams is obvious but a higher draft pick for the Lions would obviously help. For instance if the Rams had lost last year to the Niners we would have moved up 3 spots in the draft order and instead of taking Jimmy Kennedy with the 1st pick we could of had Terrell Suggs or Marcus Trufant.

No thanks, want no part of GB...would rather play Carolina or Dallas any day, even in the dome. Didn't like that last output vs Seattle either. It all comes down to Carolina beating Dallas. GB should beat Seatttle...then the power running game at Philly for GB...if it is "on" with some blocking efforts, turnovers limited, I like GB. Westbrook is hurt, where is Philly going to get offense, even against the poor Pack D? Vincent is banged up too.

the on again off again Rams O-line I think will be "on" again next game...Do they have two or three in a row in them? If Bruce isn't right with the high ankle sprain, Rams won't win too many. They have to get very conservative after that. Rams need Robert Thomas to return and start over Duncan. Will Bulger melt under playoff pressure? Nobody else is any good, why not the Rams?

Many people see the loss to Detroit as embarassing and a horrible loss. I think it was a great thing. First of all, we still have a first round bye. Secondly, the Rams won 7 in a row I believe it was prior to the Detroit game. If they won against Detroit and then won their first game in the playoffs they would be in the NFC championship. If they won that they would have won 10 games in a row going into the Super Bowl. Statistically, it would be very difficult to win 11 in a row in football. Sure it has been times before, but statistically it is hard. Also, by losing the Detroit game, didn't that affect who we would be playing. I don't know. If it did, I'd much rather face Dallas or Carolina at home. If we play either I think we will win at home. I don't think Carolina is what they were early on and I think they peaked way early. GB is playing wondeful right now and I think is the scariest team out there. Seattle beat us once and almost beat us at home. I didn't want that again either. Now, I really believe Green Bay can go into Philly and beat them. I don't think we can beat Philly wherever we play them. If Green Bay beats Philly, then we play Green Bay at home, right? As scary as they are and as well as they are, I think that is best case scenario for us getting to the Super Bowl. Green Bay has never played well in our dome and Favre doesn't play well in domes period. Then, if we do get to the SuperBowl, then I think it's time to worry.