morris

p diddy

AWWWWWWW CRAP

I guess we can add Brandon Morris to the long list of Billiken no shows, has beens, never were, and all talk players SLU has had. Brandon will fit in nicely right behind Tony Manuel on that list.

that final grade was expected this past week. It's unfortunate, because the Morris kid could play.

Now does SLU wait for Morris to get the necessary course this Fall and then re-sign him in December? On the flip side, Clarke may be getting more minutes than anticipated. This situation also suggests to me that SLU will be going to fewer and fewer jucos in the future as the academic risk is too high.

Obviously, Iowa Western is no Barton Community College!

Didn't somebody write about a month ago that he finally passed his ACT and became eligible? I did read that he was going JUCO but, if a SLU scholarship were offered to him at the least minute, might he not be interested in taking it? I wonder if he has already enrolled at a JUCO. Hate to lose Morris but Abraham would be a huge addition at PF.

but I'll let that slide.

But I think it's quite common that a shooting guard in high school gets switched to the point in college. Off the top of my head, I know Quin Snyder was a shooting guard in high school. SLU's own Josh Fisher was a shooting guard in high school. Plus, the great Marque Perry was a small forward in high school.

Quite frankly, I don't think it's such a huge leap of faith to think that Ahearn couldn't have made the transition to the point in college...

based soley on what i have read since i havent seen any of the recruits play yet, i would say if morris is out, the recruiting class is borderline horrible. morris sounded as though he was the jewel of the class. he had to pass one freakin class and couldnt, yet clemons passed 8? the billikens should have hired lane odom as their academic advisor.

imo, this is horrible news.

aj, what will it take for you to figure out that the billikens didnt?dont want him? imo, morris was only recruited BECAUSE he was apparently such a tenacious leader and point guard. if not for that, my bet is that the scholarship would have been either held or used for another inside player. no way ahearn was ever coming here once clarke committed. that was the player that ahearn had to "beat out" for the scholarship.

i personally believe we do not need to sign a point guard just to sign a point guard. i have all the confidence in the world in drejaj/fisher/clarke to cover the 40 minutes at that spot.

morris was a recruit because coach brad saw him as too good to pass up. the final glue to the puzzle more or less. not because we had to have a point guard. to just commit those minutes to a player this late in the game would be crazy and probably saddle us with someone else's problem. let it go. either wait it out till december, or hold it for next year.

if abraham truly did pass the test, i like this plan. also would eliminate the need to find a pf in this next class.

>based soley on what i have read since i havent seen any of

>the recruits play yet, i would say if morris is out, the

>recruiting class is borderline horrible. morris sounded as

>though he was the jewel of the class. he had to pass one

>freakin class and couldnt, yet clemons passed 8? the

>billikens should have hired lane odom as their academic

>advisor.

>

>imo, this is horrible news.

Have to agree. However, if Morris can't pass a JUCO class, what are the chances he would have stayed eligible at SLU passed one semester (or, at most, one year)? Let us pray Polk makes a full recovery. Also, it is indeed provident that Clarke can also play the point.