Billiken Banquet

The Bills banquet was very nice. Talked a little about the arena, they do expect to break ground before the end of the summer. Brad was very upbeat about the upcoming season. Says he expects huge things from Danny Brown this year and that Danny has been in the gym alot working on his shot. Something else everyone will love to hear. He was very emphatic that the Bills will run. He said it won't be a suggestion from the coaching staff it will be the way they play. He said Dwayne will play a big part in that. He also said they have 1 goal and 1 goal only and that is to make the tourney. He basically came as close as you can to guaranteeing a tourney berth as you can without actually doing it. He was upbeat about Obi's skills and challenged JJ for next year to play at his peak every game.

On recruiting he said 2 guys will make decissions very soon. I think he said 1 tommorrow.

UB was very upbeat ... I left wanting the season to start today

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I assume Knollmeyer will be making his decision if not tomrorrow definitely this week. Then Stemler the week after that. We really need these guys.

Any talk at the banquet of Brad's choice of new assistant?

Thanks for the report. Improvements from DB and DP could be what is needed to get this team over the hump. I am still not counting on anything from JJ at this point that way if he does anything I will no longer be disappointed.

Hopefully we will get good news on Knollmeyer at the beginning of the week and maybe Stemler by the end of the week.

Maybe we can get Lance if the Blue Crew actaully did anything of note. Holding the glass bricks and doing no cheering ever during a game won't get recruits. If Lance doesn't want to come here, the Blue Crew won't help make his decision. The fans at all the other schools he is looking at are probably 10 times better. Look at Xavier and Dayton fans. Maybe the sweet Blue Crew can watch some game film on how to effect a game or actually cheer. Holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any truth to the rumor IV declared w/o an agent? Who won what, MVP, most improved, newcomer? Glad to hear he's enthusiastic and that the tourney is the goal....but shouldn't it be every year? Sounds like they may have AK sewed up. UB doesn't seem the type to say someone will make a decision tomorrow just to have it go against him.

Diane ... you got a thank you from UB.

He said that it was very close with both recruits. I didn't get the feeling he thought either was a lock.

Inspirational ... AD

Scholar ..........LM who will graduate in December

Defensive ........DP and KL

Billiken Award ...IV

He also stated AD and VN will graduate and the BIlls are 13-13 on players graduating since he has been here. IV and JJ are ahead of pace to graduate next year.

I didn't ask IV ... but another guy said he did and he said IV said it wasn't true.

It is true that he declared without an agent...they were going to announce it last week, but I'm not sure why they didn't. They are not expecting him to leave this year...he is just putting his name out there because the A-10 is not a conference that many scouts really pay attention to. This way his name is out there and they take note of him next season so he can have a chance at playing professionally after he graduates.

don't mean to correct you, but the NBA is full of A-10 players. Close to 20 to be exact and many of those are real producers.

lamar odom, eddie jones, smush parker, marcus camby, cuttino mobley are big producers on playoff teams. james posey is also in the playoffs with the heat.

mike james of the raptors averaged 20 points a game, doug west of the hornets may be the NBA's Most Improved Player Award. SJ's Elite Eight backcourt of Jameer Nelson and Delonte West both started for the Magic and Celtics and averaged in double figures.

temple's mardy collins is a projected first-round pick this year.

the league has put out some nice players in recent years.

bad boyz for life

St. Louis U. High's spring sports banquet will be held tomorrow at 3:30. The C-Team and B-Team baseball squads will receive their letters, followed by track and golf.

There will be a meeting tomorrow for anyone interested in joining the belly brigade.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining Clayton High's speech and debate team, there will be a meeting held in the library during the activity period on Wednesday.

I've heard that tryouts for West Side Story at Burroughs will be held next week - I'll let you know once I have an official confirmation.

I don't know why the guy who was sitting accross from me would lie. He said he specifically asked IV and he told him No. I'm not doubting you as I don't know, but to date I don't think he is on any lists of players that have opted for the draft

I apologize if this was mentioned earlier.

VN and AD will graduate in May. VN's is getting his degree in Economics; not sure about AD.

Luke Meyer will complete his BS degree in December. JJ and IV will also complete their degrees in December, both in business.

If LM, IV and JJ are ever on the court at the same time (after the first semester exams) it may be a SLU record for the most "SLU graduates" playing in a game at the same time!

SLU trustees meet in early May and a "dig" date could be announced after that meeting.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but Justin Love is going to be married in the college church in 2 weeks.{Maybe it was 2 months}He is marrying a former Billiken Dance Team member. Father Biondi I believe will do the ceremony.