Who is everyone?

davidnark

NOTE: In an attempt to delete the stupid posts between BilliPhan and Rich, I deleted the entire thread. I was able to cut and paste the following:

slufanskip

Charter Member

3360 posts, 10 feedbacks, 13 points

"I think it's time ...." to restart the thread about who we are

Jim Hoffman ... 10 year season ticket holder and Billiken Club member, not an alum, just a fan. Sec 105 Row C seats 10 qnd 11.

Moved here after getting out of the USAF in Feb of 90. I own AAdvantage Auto Sales and Finance at the corner of Morganford and Arsenal with my brother.

###### golfer, good basketball player especially for a 44 year old fat guy with bad knees.

I coach a girls 7th and 8th grade basketball team that I absolutely love.

There are always seats near me open ... so come over and introduce yourself.

bonwich

Joe Bonwich. Post-Dispatch food critic. SLU '79, former sports editor of U. News. Old man taught at SLU 1965-late '90s; we've had season tickets since 1967, making this my 39th year of Billiken basketball.

AlumniFan

Charter Member

883 posts Dec-20-05, 12:49 PM (CST)

2. "RE: I think it's time ...."

In response to message #1

Very good idea to restart this thread....

Brett Rufkahr, graduated undergrad from the John Cook School of Business '86, MBA '92. Still try to stay involved with the school.

Season ticket holder for about 13 or so years. Billiken Club Member for quite awhile - cannot remember when I first joined. Been avidly following the Billikens since my college days. Sit in the last row of section 114.

Graduate of the State Football Champion DeSmet Jesuit High School. Life long St. Louisian currently living and permanently in Webster.

Really, really bad golfer, even worse at basketball. Avid, but slow runner.

Bluecrewwebmaster

Member since Nov-4-03

158 posts Dec-20-05, 12:55 PM (CST)

3. "RE: I think it's time ...."

In response to message #2

Tim Cassady Jr., Senior in Parks College, from Cincinnati, OH (St. Xavier HS). Before coming to SLU, the only thing I knew about the Billikens was that they were responsible to breaking Kenyon Martin's leg and ruining the Bearcats chance at a national title!! (No worries, I'm all SLU now!)

Also 4th year Blue Crew member, having served on the Exec Board as VP Webmaster for the last 3 yrs. You can find me in the front row with my other Blue Crew Seniors talking smack to the visiting bench.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of RUSHING THE COURT!

Billiken Rich

Charter Member

2796 posts, 19 feedbacks, 2 points Dec-20-05, 12:57 PM (CST)

4. "RE: I think it's time ...."

In response to message #0

Rich Bertacchi, Your friendly neighborhood AAA Agent at Lindell and Vandeventer. SEMO Grad from a Billiken family. You'll find my wife, son, and I in Section 115 row L for every home game rain or shine, screaming TIMMMMMAH! everytime Tommie does something amazing. Season ticket holder for many, many, moons, though not a Billiken Club member for a while.

Timmmmah! NO! TOMMMMMAH!

Timmy

slu72

Charter Member

1739 posts, 7 feedbacks, 13 points Dec-20-05, 01:18 PM (CST)

11. "RE: I think it's time ...."

In response to message #4

Larry Hedaa class of '72(duh) C&F. Hardly ever missed a game while at SLU. Went back to see them a few times in the 80's. Always try and make a game when they are within 250 miles of Charleston, SC. Am semi-retired business owner. Decent golfer at a 12. Amateur screenwriter that has been optioned twice. Cocktail of choice: Beer. Avid Red Sox, NY Giants, and Bills fan.

"Hey, some guys have gone 0 for life."-Tiger Woods

NashvilleBilliken

Charter Member

591 posts, 5 feedbacks, 5 points Dec-20-05, 01:03 PM (CST)

6. "RE: I think it's time ...."

David Beck...graduated from Parks in '02 with aerospace engineering degree. Living in Nashville and work at Vanderbilt University Medical Center as an analyst programmer for the OR. Became a SLU fan my sophmore year and found this site the night of the SLU-Mizzou game @ MU. I probably check the site 30 times a day and it's a fantastic place for the out of town billiken fan.

NashvilleBilliken

slu_tbone

Member since Dec-18-05

5 posts, Rate this user Dec-20-05, 01:11 PM (CST)

7. "RE: I think it's time ...."

Joe LaMonica, Jr.in Cook, Band Member, St. Louis native and fan since the Spoonhour years

moytoy12

Member since Mar-9-04

44 posts, 1 feedbacks, 2 points Dec-20-05, 01:17 PM (CST)

10. "RE: I think it's time ...."

Isaac Warren, relatively new poster, reader for about a year or so. Class of '99. Indian/Corporate lawyer (a bit dichotomous) out in Denver, Co. Try to keep up-to-date with the Bills as much as possible, maybe they could play Regis sometime (joking of course).

SluSignGuy

Member since Nov-8-05

2323 posts, 14 feedbacks, 28 points Dec-20-05, 01:28 PM (CST)

15. "RE: I think it's time ...."

I like the private life thank you very much...You would never see me say my name on this board...Never...

And at games, I don't want anyone to know where I sit or to look at what I am doing....Makes it difficult with all those signs I carry, but I don't think anyone notices me...THANK GOD....

ILbillikenfan

Member since Dec-5-05

28 posts, Rate this user Dec-20-05, 01:32 PM (CST)

16. "RE: I think it's time ...."

Zach Crowder, senior at SLU with a semester to go. Also graduated from Althoff over on the IL side.

4 year blue crew/road tripper. Been to a few of the CUSA tournies and tripped to Depaul, MU, Cinci, UL, Memphis, and Zona, heh.

You can find me down there in the front row for the rest of the year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

roy mueller

class of 82.

rarely missed a game as a student. have been a season tix holder since late 80's and avid billiken club member since 90.

i am a mortgage banker and besides the billikens, rabid fan of whatever sport my kids are playing.

my lovely wife anita (slu class of 84), my daughter alyse (hopefully slu class of 2013) and my son theo (slu class of 2008 hopefully) can be found in section 118 for all the games.

i love all sports, but especially basketball and baseball, and used to try to play them all. it gets harder all the time though. i can attest that skip isnt bad on the hardwood. but the truth is, he cant cover me. ;-) as to golf, i thought everyone sucked at golf? you mean it is just me?

SLU Undergrad in 96. Sports Information work study 95-96. U News sports page in 1995. Lived on 3C for two years. Painted my face blue and wore my green letters in the student section during the early Spoon era. Finally stopped bumming student tickets from my friends in 1998 and got my own seats. Currently 104 row Q seats 11 and 12. Have a thing for Mizzou women, but love all things SLU.

Brian Messina

Parks Grad 2004, Aviation Science/Professional Pilot, also got my Bizz-nass certificate (God ONLY knows why)

SLU Pep Band member for 6 yrs now, inching my way towards that oh so coveted 10 yr mark (::rolls eyes::). Wasn't into the Bills until my first game, and the band, and I was hooked.

From Chicago originally, yes a bit of an Illini fan, hater of Mizzery B-ball at the very least (gf is going to MIZZOU so I can't hate all).

Work for a contractor of the Dept of Defense, but now subcontracted out doing FAA work.

Horrendous golfer, avid b-ball player, good hockey player.

John Schroeder, BA Communications '77, MA English '79, former news editor at the U. News. A season ticket holder since Anthony Bonner's freshman year -- just switched from Section 118 to 116 this season...leaving Billiken Roy to cheer on from the "Blue Crew corner" without me. Partner in CorpWrite Ltd., a business writing firm with its world headquarters in historic Manchester, MO.

Jim Gallen

Current senior at SLU, majoring in marketing. 2002 graduate of DeSmet Jesuit High School. I play the trumpet in the SLU Band and I have also covered the men's basketball team for the University News for the past three seasons.

I have been attending SLU games since I was less than a year old, as season tickets have been in our family for decades. I remember being at the Old Kiel Auditorium when SLU beat DePaul to go to the NIT semifinals, being at the last game at the old place. I am probably a bit spoiled because the first season I remember was the first of the two NIT runner-up seasons. I remember the Highmark, Clagget, and Waldman teams, as well as our one year with Larry the Legend. The win over #2 Louisville was my freshman year at SLU. I have also attended the last three conference tournaments.

Undergrad ’96, law ’99. My wife graduated from the business school in ’94. I am currently the corporate counsel for a St. Louis company.

My father gradated with medical and undergrad degrees from SLU. I have been attending games with him since before I could talk.

Almost ten years ago, I was messing around on my computer and created a Billiken fan site through AOL (some may remember the old parquet floor). A guy named Roy emailed me and suggested that I add a message board. For several years, Billiken fans posted on an archaic “guest book” that served as a message board. For a short period, the website was transferred to the Rivals.com network (billikenboard.com). Thankfully, several years ago the Billiken fan message board was transitioned to the much more capable Signguy.

Justin Mosley

Student

Harris-Stowe State Class of 2007. Will graduate that summer and walk across the stage the following May.

3.0 GPA

Sportswriter for the HSSU View. Junior Class President. Future SLU grad student. Business Administration Major. Former college basketball and tennis player. Former AAU assistant with the STL Falcons summer's 2004&2005. Normandy graduate in 2003. Also attended Whitfield HS. Engaged. Unpaid intern at A-Frame Inc, a small home renovation company. I do a ton of charity work. I help out the high school ball players that frequent the basketball court in Northwoods Park to get them to the college level. High School sports nut. Seem as many if not more than any writer covering the local scene. Email address is [email protected]

My father is the all-time leading rebounder at Harris-Stowe with 18.2 rpg and had career averages of 17.8 ppg and 17.5 rpg. Vashon, Ritter, Wellston and Normandy season ticket holder.

Tom Kniest, SLUH 63 SEMO 67 semi-retired self employed CPA and Registered Rep., 115 K-12, Season tickets and Tip-off Club go back to Grawer's first year; prior to that used the "all-sports ticket", a bargain, for 98% basketball. 1st year for that was Harry Roger's sr. year - what a good, but not deep, team that was. Still play lunchtime hoops and sometimes evening pickup. Don't leave me open.

Wife Donna got her MA at SLU; Daughter Jessica got her BSRN at SLU. Daughter Katrina was the first Billiken Ball Girl back when Scott and Claggs were freshmen. Vices include red wine daily and a few stogies a week.

Josh Bryant, Overland Park, KS resident... but about to move back East of The Paseo- only to Lee's Summit, MO, though.

--

Originally from middle of nowhere Kansas.. found myself at SLU to study meteorology and ended up as a Parks grad in '03. Never missed a basketball game in college, only missed a few women's games. Hit all CUSA tourneys other than New Orleans women's tourney my freshman year. Uber band geek, standing 3 rows in with my trusty sax and vocal cords that reached the rafters of the Kiel. Worst enemy of various visiting teams, but truly hated by St. Bonaventure and various Texas schools.

---

still attend SLU games on the weekends, always will (as long as Mike will have me back)

--

Best Games:

1998 Kansas 68-55 win. Brother was decked out in KU gear... sweet.

2000 Memphis x 4. Enough said.

3 Jan 2001. St. Bonaventure. Nearly beat up a benchwarmer, then celebrated my 21st birthday at the hump.

---

truly enjoy the board. love the bills, love the community!

Billikenbooster

Pediatrician in Arnold, MO, live in Oakland MO. Grad of SLUMS, '73; Cardinal Glennon trained '73-'76. Began with Bills when a sports nut neighbor of mine, faculty of Med School, always had extra tickets for games, and I would accompany him when none of his family would. He stopped going, I didn't.

Started with season tickets Grawer's first year...earlier I remember strangers coming up to me at the Checkerdome as I was standing on line to purchase walk up tickets, offering me tickets saying, "No one should have to pay to see basketball this bad." We've come a loooong way baby.

Go Bills!

Jay Sherfy

Undergrad at SLU '05 majors accounting and MIS

Work for Boeing in their AR department

Graduate student in Master of Accounting program, expect to finish fall 2006

Three year member of Blue Crew - Executive Board Member last season

Still get my tickets with and sit with the Crew

I guess I'll buck up for my own seats next season

Billinikens indicates a meshing of my two bball loves, Billikens and Illini

Sorry to those of you that feel you can't root for both, growing up an Illini fan has me unable to shake my love (and their play hasn't done much to drive me away either)

If Bills and Illini squared off....ummm, well it would mean much more to the Bills at this time

I've only started posting recently and plan to do so from now on as part of the community. Hope I'm welcome.....

I hate to break up the group hug but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Who said Vtime needed to add to his credibility anyways? I always thought he was credible. It's quite obvious he is one of if not the most knowledgeable posters about prep bball on this board.

Some of you cried to have him banned when he first appeared. Don't you all feel silly now. What, since he's playing by your rules he's a good guy now. I won't even begin to get into what kind of racial stereotypes that plays into but needless to say I think we should have the freedom on this board to post without having the fear of getting banned everytime because you ruffled some old timers's feathers(I mean old senority wise not age wise).

I can see why many new people don't join because it seems liked they're piled on pretty good if they don't share the majority opinion.

YOu can get back to the group sing-a-long now.

I look for the Bills to give the Zags a good game. Should be the best crowd of the year.

Bob Campbell

SLU fan since 1967 when Joe Wiley decided to attend SLU. Visit the site everyday to get the latest news. Wish it existed in the 80's when I was overseas where I had to wait over a day to get the score in the Stars and Stripes. Had a friend send me the Post Dispatch articles for years. Still have many of the clippings.

Appreciate the game updates that are more timely than Gametracker and keeping me informed of the latest Billiken news.

Chris K, graduated with finance degree from SLU in '99, Delta Sig and still involved with fraternity's alumni group; originally from southern Tennessee, 10 minutes from Jack Daniel country

Season ticket holder for men's soccer; usually catch a game or two with slufanskip

SLU B-ball fan; forever indebted to willie and Kshoe for great seats every now and then;

CFA and work as research analyst of fixed income managers for institutional/private client consulting firm; went to school and worked with Kshoe at previous job

Been coaching soccer since I graduated SLU; currently coach with OLOL in U-City and MetroStrikers. Words can't describe how much I love coaching.