Where's Jalansdad?

ACE

Tommie Liddell is a very good 3pt shooter. He does everything well. He rebounds, passes, scores, and defends well. He's a natural pg and should play pg most of his time at SLU. Lisch and Polk should start at the other two guard positions. Those 3 guards will make it easy for whoever the two big men are starting alongside them. All they have to do is lay the ball up off the penetration. Expect Meyer to see minutes in a four guard lineup getting some open looks and spelling one of the guards. Same with Drejaj. SLU should be able to get away with some 4 guard lineups for stretches in the A-10, but not as a starting unit. Liddell, Polk, and Lisch should play 35 minutes a game at least. Liddell should pg on offense and guard the opposing sf at the other end. Polk should start at sg and guard the opposing pg. Lisch, another good scorer and defender will be the sf on offense, and defend the opposing sg.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're reading something that isn't there. Jalesndad said Wade was a dominant scorer, not that he was ONLY a scorer. He gave Liddell's typical high school stat line to give the initial poster, who hasn't seen Tommie play, an idea of Tommie's game. All of us already know what DWade can do so there was no need to give his stat line.

Good news is coming regarding the fundraising, but the key is to keep the donations coming in. If you haven't written your check yet, what are you waiting for?????

i'm the same way as rich. let us know all the rules first.

let's say a booster can only afford so much money. he donates that amount and then finds out that a psl will be the same or close to that. but because they bought a "brick" they cant afford the psl so now they have to take a lesser seat then what they could have had they waited.

now if someone wants to put in writing that anything i donate towards the arena is also credited towards psl's, then let's talk. otherwise, i likely will only be buying the very minimum billiken club membership as well this year and banking the difference until we know it all.

>"While there has not been much media attention to the arena project over the past few months, you will begin to see and hear more information about the project in the near future. We are making progress, and the day that a shovel goes into the ground is drawing closer."

Precisely what information has been provided to Stu or any of the other "media" in the "past few months" that might have resulted in some "attention"?

SLU was extremely lucky Tommie decided to come back. He was very successful at the prep school level and had other major D1's after him outside of UNLV. Romar even tried to steal him when there were rumors that Martell Webster would turn pro.

there were many schools after tommie, but washington and lorenzo was not one of them (at least from what i heard, anything's possible). washington went after dentmon from carbondale and got him. michigan state, oklahoma, and still unlv were some of the others that went after tommie before he signed. the rumors around webster really didn't get going until after tommie had signed with slu. but the vultures were definitely out the minute he chose to go prep school. we saw that first hand last july.

bad boyz for life

There was a glitch with my credit card I used for the "damn brick". I asked after clearing up the matter what the total was now. The woman did not know and said she could have someone find out for me.

I later recieved a nice reply with essentially the same thing Alumni fan has stated.

but you dont know what the total fund raising picture will be and if there will be psl's or if the money donated prior will count towards psl's etc.

Dentmon was the one urging the staff to go after Liddell. Dentmon and Liddell both chose to go the prep school route and Washington did take notice of Liddell's success. Webster had strong intentions of going pro after a dynamite summer last year. Just because you didnt know he was gonna go pro doesnt mean many others didnt. He's a consensus top 10 pick, there wasnt any question all year on him going pro, it was just what range in the first round he would go.

>SLU was extremely lucky Tommie decided to come back. He was

>very successful at the prep school level and had other major

>D1's after him outside of UNLV. Romar even tried to steal

>him when there were rumors that Martell Webster would turn

>pro.

I really don't know where you get your information, but there is no truth to the rumor that Romar was actively recruiting Liddell at UW. The only major program that actively expressed interest in Liddell was Kansas. Which by the way is the school I had hoped Liddell would attend while Roy Williams was there. Liddell and his father never waivered from SLU, even when the bogus report of Liddell switching committments from SLU to UNLV. I think SLU was lucky in the regard that his signing may have led to Lisch signing with SLU and possibly Maguire.

problack, fyi, jalensdad is a close friend of the liddell family. so your sources are WRONG. please quit lying about coach romar.

Also, there is a close relationship between Soderberg and Romar which would make it highly unlikely that Romar would go after a recruit that had already committed to SLU. Romar just isn't that kind of person.

problack,

nice try about lorenzo recruiting tommie, but as you see there are people on this board who know better. i knew that false statement would get rejected with the quickness, regardless of what justin dentmon may have told the u-dub staff. besides, lorenzo knew of tommie's re-commitment to slu last summer, so he wasn't going to risk a friendship over a player, regardless of what mr. webster does.

bad boyz for life

Its a business. He wouldnt hesitate to risk a friendship. Recruiting is a war, and anything goes. Coaches and schools have been known to do anything to get the best talent available. And if you honestly believe the Liddell family never waivered then you are sadly mistaken. And yes SLU was lucky to get him. This is the top recruit they've landed since Hughes. He's a legit NBA prospect with lottery potential. 6'5/6'6 pg are always welcome, and those with Liddell's athleticism and long range shooting can basically right their own ticket. I hope Brad turns him lose instead of running his trademark ball control system thats' stifled the offense the last 2 years. Let them run. Liddell pushing it with Polk and Lisch on the wing is easily the top backcourt in the A-10.

problack, dont you get it? jalensdad is a liddell insider. if he says it never happened, it didnt. you are WRONG.