schedule rumor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

highschool players. My opinion is partially from some of your statements about Lisch and how he already does things better then Travis Diener and MacNamara.

Truth is its hard to argue that Tyler or Lisch could be better then some of the best college players in the country when all they are playing is kids younger then them in Missouri and Illinois. I'll take my proven juniors and seniors ont he collge level long before I take a Class A all-state player in Illinois.

I've heard Lorenzo Romar say that he won't schedule SLU as long as Brad Soderberg is the coach.

Washington St., where Dick Bennett is, wouldn't be a logical choice, either. Gonzaga is playing here. So, if the Bills were to play a West Coast game on the way to Hawai'i, it would probably have to be against a team in the state of California. How about St. Mary's? Or how about Santa Clara?

ORU is definitley in Tulsa, OK as that is where the company that I work for is HDQ. I never heard LoRo say that he wouldn't play the Bills if Soderberg was HC...not sure if that makes any sense to me at all...whatever!

>I've heard Lorenzo Romar say that he won't schedule SLU as

>long as Brad Soderberg is the coach.

Lorenzo owes us. He left the team in a terrible state when he left for UW and both his recruits for that season left (and the raft of other departures happened). We can only thank him that Brad was there to pick up the pieces. It would be great to get UW on the schedule.

That would be interesing. Roy Williams, both at KU and I guess also at UNC, always tries to let his players play a game close to home. Let's hope the Bills can pull one out vs UNC like they did against Roy Williams and Kansas the last time he visited Savvis back in 1998, I think it was.

I've been pretty polite this year, talking as little trash as possible and trying to put things in realistic perspectives. Realistically, a home-and-home with Mizzou is probably much more advantageous to UNC both in terms of publicity and RPI (based on the last few seasons). Not only that, if it is really about fulfilling a promise to TH, Mizzou makes sense because of his familial ties to the school. The fact that Quin is a Dukie and Roy is formerly a beaker would only add to the draw, personal considerations aside.

as disappointed as i have been with justin johnson and vashun newborne, i dont see grimes as an upgrade. grimes is one of the most underachieving players i have ever watched play. i am glad he is not a billiken.

as to your stance that if unc comes to the area to play a team for the sake of a possible promise to tyler hansborough, i am sure williams still hates mi$$ouri and would consider it a wonder jab to not play them and play the billikens instead.