schedule rumor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a .500 record then an NIT loss is something to be proud of. I'd have wished the Billikens could have had a better record than even that! (but not at the expense of having Mi$$ouri's rep) Also, how quickly we forget the Paige Laurie fun. We sure don't have an arena yet but when we do it won't be the laughing stock of the entire NCAA.

We can talk records all you like but that isn't the story of this season for Mi$$ou is it?

you underestimate the st louis market. it is a sleeping giant. our attendance in the mid 90's is proof of that. bring in a pre-season number one team (which unless players go pro, unc will be the pre-season number one team next year) we will sell out the savvis as would mi$$ouri. so the money will be the same regardless.

what is there to argue about. that is the truth, mi$$ouri cheated to win 7 more games. no one said pretty Q was a good cheater. just a cheater.

you think laurie would allow that? he wants his money back on paige arena. he needs that game at the savvis if it would happen.

if not, why doesnt the illini - mi$$ouri game move to the eddydome? they could draw 50k for that game probably.

agreeing the season was a huge disappointment. however, just curious who would play the part of tom frericks and reggie bryant (i.e. season long injuries) on the tigers season? we got an excuse for losing 7 more games to suck more.

your excuse would be a dishonest coach who cant coach. i guess we can say we dont have that.

hey we all know SLU stunk up the joint this year, all SLU fans know what we have, we all wish things went better.

BUT you won't see SLU fans out their thumping their chest and being arrogant about their athletic programs.

Mizzou has great facilites, the benefit of being the premier state academic institution in Missouri, but it is a joke in the major revenue athletics. I have never witnessed a bigger letdown than that football team this past fall, God you have no idea how much I wanted them to suceed, everything was in place, I even drank the koolaid.

The basketball team has all the support it needs but your coach is a great representation of your athletic department.

I could see the arrogance if ya'll had won something but the big 8 championships pale in comparison to NCAA sucess, or lack there of. I wish SLU had the sucess mizzou had in the 70's, 80's and 90's, but we all know SLU limitations.

It really makes me laugh when the KU folks toy with the tigers.

"I could see the arrogance if ya'll had won something but the big 8 championships pale in comparison to NCAA sucess, or lack there of. I wish SLU had the sucess mizzou had in the 70's, 80's and 90's, but we all know SLU limitations."

Sounds to me as though you're making excuses. Care to explain why other schools with SLU's limitations have matched Mizzou's success or exceeded it? And I'm not arrogant about Mizzou sports anywhere but here, and the only reason I feel as though it's warranted is the constant banter of misguided billikens fans who seem to think that a 9-21 season and the impossible prospect of having a new stadium in two years gives them a right to trash mizzou's 16-17 record and top class college basketball arena.

go take all of the 16 teams left in the tourney and tell me where they would be if you would have taken the two best players on the team off the team or had them play at about 40% of their skill level due to injuries. sorry i understand that the season was a disappointment, however, indeed in basketball where the roster is only 13 players and is basically split out into 4 ages classes with expectations normally of the upper classmen carrying a team, bryant and frericks is indeed a valid excuse for the season.

i liked the way you didnt answer the question about mi$$ouri's excuse though.

I look at Mizzou major revenue sports over the last couple of years and laugh at how mediocre and from a PR standpoint down right pathetic.

I'm not trying too make any excuses for SLU, it is my opinion that the univeristy administration could do a heck of a lot more financially to compete at a much higher level, the new arena is a major step in the right direction. I do believe that the building will be built regardless if we hit the $35 million mark or not. I think Fr. Biondi, God willing, will pull the trigger so we can break ground sooner than later. As the STATES NUMBER 1 PUBLIC institution with a very good alumni base, all the resources they need, great facilities, a wonderful campus, student support, you name Mizzou has it, BUT a total joke when it comes to major revenue sports. When you have coaches making a million plus dollars each and all they can produce is sub .500 records, NIT's, Independence bowls, and being taken to the woodshed by KU on your home field there needs to be accountablity.

I not trashing Mizzou, I live in this state, I have pride that my "STATE" school does well.

Do I think that SLU's 9-21 was bad, damn right. I think that Brad's coaching at times was less than ideal, but that happens during bad seasons. Better not happen next season!

I think SLU fans, especially those who live in the State have every right to laugh at the MIGHTY MIZZOU, the tigers get everything they need and then some, but do nothing with it!

They actually talked about moving it to the ed dome a year or two ago but the coaches of both schools didn't want the move because they liked the atmosphere at the savis and thought that it might lose somthnig moving it to the dome. They have signed a contract to play the game at savis for several more years. I don't remember the exact year the contract goes through.

gotta love the idea that a superfan of a 15-16 team thinks he is doing us a favor by not talking trash. What you don't seem to understand is that we BOTH sucked and we both FAILED this season. If it makes you feel better to say you were better than a 9-21 team then go ahead and say it, but please don't tell us you are doing a favor. A favor would be leaving the board. Permanently.

Just reading the Tigerboard this weekend I see where you get your mentality. You would have thought they beat Kansas, or that they won an NCAA tourney game or that they didn't get beat at home in the NIT. Mizzou fans seriously believe they had a better season then Kansas because they didn't lose in the first round of the dance. Forget for a moment that Mizzou is potentially the worst program ever when it comes to 1st round embarassing losses (Xavier, Northern iowa, etc.)

Roy hates Quin! That is pretty much a fact. There is no way he'll voluntarily do a home and home with Mizzou (a huge benefit to Mizzou at this point). It is far more likely the match-up would be SLU or even SEMO before Roy ever does a favor for Quin.

and always believed the "we like the intimate atmposphere stuff" but when super booster owns a building half the size of an alternative yet they continue to use the smaller buidling it should at least make you wonder...