Reggie's Back

Iggy

We have seen a freshman(LM) gain confidence in himself in the last two weeks, which is great for the team next year. Luke now realizes he belongs on the floor during a game, so there is little wonderment and no "lost in the headlights" , OMG I'm in the game.

We also have seen a healthly player with two good ankles/feet making cuts, and a decent shooter who is not being dogged by a great defender. IMO, Luke is the player who renders the Blake Ahearn argument moot, not Darren Clarke.

With all due apologies to brehms ..... but I think its a valid question. Reggie and family just had another tough road to hoe (and I don't know what the outcome was). Has his foot healed? Is he in any sort of shape? How's his head and mental welfare? Right now, someone asked if he can play anywhere next year? I thin he can, he's certainly gifted and in the meat market that is professional basketball worldwide, I'll bet he can.

But what can we expect? In all likelihood, the last four games are going down on the populous side of our ledger. That will make us what, 7 and 22 going into a game (if lucky) in Memphis? Which might mean 7 and 23 for a total. I cringe when I think back .. which one of us picked a 30 win season!!!???!!!

Reg makes the bench deeper and if he has some things to prove to get a look-see elsewhere or for later, more power to him. But I would not sacrifice the playing time of the youth at this point --- I know that might be shallow but so be it ....

I think it's a testament to Reg that he came back. In this stage of his career and this season for the Bills ... it would be very easy for a guy to just finish up at home and go from there. Having a couple of weeks off his ankle might have helped. I hope Reg gets 25-30 minutes a game and is playing like we know he can.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes once again. Our family is very appreciative of all the support.

Of course anyone in Reg's position would have mental and emotional feelings about all of the trials he's gone thru these past few years. Namely during his college years, dealing with the loss of family and illness of family members. Being so far away from home when things occur. But he'll be a stronger man because of it.

I'm sure Coach will play Reg as he sees fit. I sure want to make it to the conference tournament, so I'm sure Brad will play whomever's ready to play. Whether Reg comes off the bench or not, isn't an issue for me, it's how the guys play these last few games.

I was so impressed by the team these last few games, couldn't really listen much, didn't get time to visit the board much, a little but not much, so I know they did their thing. I'm proud of that.

Reg definitely has options for pursuing a basketball career, or joining various aspects of the workforce, he won't be lost. I've said this before on the board that despite what happens these last few months of play. that it wouldn't make much of an impact on his career decisions after SLU. Reg has a committment to SLU and eventhough he has trouble going on in one aspect of his life, he realizes that he has obligations as well. So I don't know not coming back to SLU was never an option. He did keep in contact with everyone including Brad about his plans, so they knew what was going on as well.

Again guys, thanks for your prayers. I'm back as well, and I've been reading up, see that I MISSED A LOT OF COMMENTS..WHEW DID I :)

Welcome back and I glad things are looking up for your brother. Our time with Reg is coming to an end and I wish him all the best and I am sure he will have a very successful life in what ever he chooses to do ... though I hope he continues to play ball. He is good enough and regardless of the money he makes ... he can get on with the rest of his life later. Getting to play basketball for a living at any level is something very few people in the world get to do.

Brehms ... I hope you stay a Billiken fan and stick with us in the future.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman