IUPUFW game

Does anyone know how in the hell we scheduled IUPUFW this year? If we play any team from Ft. Wayne, it should be Notre Dame. Did Woolard have such a good time up there at the NIT, he scheduled the Bills to make a return trip sometime in March '06? Is this a home-and-home situation? I think all the Blue Crew members should wear Notre Dame or anything green and the band should play the Notre Dame fight song when IUPUFW comes on the court. I still am bitter about that whole trip up to Ft. Wayne last year. I went and wanted to kill Mike Brey when he grabbed the mic after the Irish had won and thanked everyone who came to a "neutral court" to root for Notre Dame. God that pissed me off. Go Bills.

booby, i am looking at my indiana state map, and for the life of me, i cant find the city of notre dame either. help me.

Wasn't SLU's NIT game against Notre Dame originally supposed to be at the Family Arena in St. Charles? ND's Joyce ACC was unavailable. Somehow, forces caused that game to be played at Memorial Coliseum in Ft. Wayne at that alleged "neutral site." SLU seemed to really get the raw end of that deal, and it could well have been game dispositive.

With all the talk about how a move to the A-10 would not allow us to take advantage of natural rivalries in the midwest, why would SLU schedule IUPUFW instead of another MVC team? This would have been a great time to schedule a game against a significant opponent ( I know that every opponent is significant this year for SLU).

before the game UB said he didn't want to sit a whole week between Charlotte and Louisville, and it is hard to find teams willing to play non-conference games in the middle of the season like this. They had an open date and it happened.

Seems like a good tonic for a team that has been playing hard and pretty well for a while with only the win at SF to show for it.

Really like what Luke Meyer has been doing lately. With his improved FT shooting, would have liked to have seen him with the ball in his hands a little more at the end of the game.

i have to side with billikenbobby here. notre dame is, in fact, in notre dame, indiana. it has it's own post office, zip code, and all. it may have been in south bend at one time, and everyone mistakes it for being in south bend, but it actually is not.

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala

I don't know crap about Notre Dame but having your own post office and zip code make you a city or town.

Though on the other hand Notre Dame's own web site lists its address as Notre Dame, Indiana.

Though on the other other hand would it be out of charachter for Notre Dame to adopt a superior than thou attitude and decide they have their own city when in fact they don't.

On the other other other hand if they just closed down would anyone care any longer?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Many universities and companies can buy their own zip code from the US Post Office (some even have a few). I do not know the Indiana municipal form of government, but I doubt that Notre Dame is a town. The post office is not a good arbiter of official local government (in Massachusetts the officially correct Post Office place name is in many cases not a city, town or even village--usually an old neighborhood name).

Notre Dame is NOT listed in the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns:

http://www.citiesandtowns.org/content/citi...ndtowns_DHT.htm

With a enough cash you could have Roy, Illinois or Hicks, MO, or Skip, MO or Bobby, MO for your very own mail delivery.

If you type in Notre Dame, Indiana, in the USPS website, you get a zipcode which is a Post Office Box only. In addition, Notre Dame, Indiana is not an incorporated place, according to the US Census and, therefore, is not an official city or town.

I just assumed that SLU and Notre Dame both had to play them this year as a favor for hosting that NIT game last year. I don't think we had much of a choice in the matter.

I really think this was a one time only type deal. Playing a home and home with the Sagarin Poll #315 does us no good at all. The only reason you play a team that bad is exactly what we did here, fill a place on the schedule, pick up a W and get ready for the next team.

Of course, there have been times these type games have come up and bit us in the butts (fill in your favorite name here...Maine, etc)

mhg