Selection Sunday

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to cut in on The Wiz.   

Jerry Palm has Dayton in the Last 4 in group...

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

For @The Wiz, what’s the current percentage chance that Indiana State gets an NCAA At Large Bid?

And what’s Dayton’s current percentage chance? 

I am showing ISU at 52% C2D....they are truly at the mercy of the Committee  ...this is one where Rod Serling will make the decision....which means the NET will not be the final determining factor.....99% NIT

A-10...

The Dance

Dayton...This is one the Committee would like to punish a little...for leaving the A-10 tourney a bit early...78% chance to make it...8-10th seed

Cusp...Duq and VCU...game spread is even...winner Dances....loser see below

NIT

VCU....74%

Rich....66%

Loy....62%

Duq...50%

A quick note ...When looking at the NIT,  you have to realize this is a consolation tournament for ALL conferences...The Committee first decides who did we snub for the Dance and puts those in...uses a little NET for the next bunch and then "fixes"  things for the final few...the ones that should have been deserving.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

A quick note ...When looking at the NIT,  you have to realize this is a consolation tournament for ALL conferences...The Committee first decides who did we snub for the Dance and puts those in...uses a little NET for the next bunch and then "fixes"  things for the final few...the ones that should have been deserving.

As you know the NCAA screwed up the NIT selection.  Each 6 gets 2 auto bids....yeah look for that exciting Syracuse v Providence game.  The First Four Out as designated by the NCAA Committee also make it, but likely they are in the 12 auto bids.  So really there are only max 20 At Large bids which will include other teams from the P6.  Indiana State should be in there, but for me all bets are off.  There is this "based on the NIT Selection Committee's evaluation" clause in the process, which allows them to do anything they want. 

Does Richmond get the automatic A-10 NIT bid , for winning the conference?  Since they got the #1 over Loyola??

5 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Does Richmond get the automatic A-10 NIT bid , for winning the conference?  Since they got the #1 over Loyola??

No.  NCAA/NIT changed the format to get more P6 teams in.  They don't want to see those lower Mid-Major league winners that didn't win their tourney in the NIT.

Pure guess, they don't get in as their NET is 73.  I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

As you know the NCAA screwed up the NIT selection.  Each 6 gets 2 auto bids....yeah look for that exciting Syracuse v Providence game.  The First Four Out as designated by the NCAA Committee also make it, but likely they are in the 12 auto bids.  So really there are only max 20 At Large bids which will include other teams from the P6.  Indiana State should be in there, but for me all bets are off.  There is this "based on the NIT Selection Committee's evaluation" clause in the process, which allows them to do anything they want. 

I think the computer's thinking is that if ISU don't get an at large bid they  will be in the first 4 out and get an NIT auto bid.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I am showing ISU at 52% C2D....they are truly at the mercy of the Committee  ...this is one where Rod Serling will make the decision....which means the NET will not be the final determining factor.....99% NIT

A-10...

The Dance

Dayton...This is one the Committee would like to punish a little...for leaving the A-10 tourney a bit early...78% chance to make it...8-10th seed

Cusp...Duq and VCU...game spread is even...winner Dances....loser see below

NIT

VCU....74%

Rich....66%

Loy....62%

Duq...50%

ISU is below 20% chance of making it. Too many bid thieves, especially yesterday. Dayton 100% in the tourney. I doubt the A-10 gets 2 NCAA teams and 4 NIT teams. 

26 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think the computer's thinking is that if ISU don't get an at large bid they  will be in the first 4 out and get an NIT auto bid.

I am anticipating the Sycamores getting screwed by the NCAA committee, but getting in the NIT.  Will they get a home game?   The Chosen 12 all get home games, so that leaves only 4 others to get to host.

15 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

ISU is below 20% chance of making it. Too many bid thieves, especially yesterday. Dayton 100% in the tourney. I doubt the A-10 gets 2 NCAA teams and 4 NIT teams. 

The NIT percentages listed above are for each team separately ...the chances of those 4 all getting in are only about 16%.

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I am anticipating the Sycamores getting screwed by the NCAA committee, but getting in the NIT.  Will they get a home game?   The Chosen 12 all get home games, so that leaves only 4 others to get to host.

Depends on who the other 3 teams are....follow the money

HoosierPal likes this

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Depends on who the other 3 teams are....follow the money

So does the A10 get no teams, one team, two teams, or three teams in the NIT?  Richmond, or VCU, or Loyola????  Your odds from above are fairly tight.

NIT

VCU....74%

Rich....66%

Loy....62%

31 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So does the A10 get no teams, one team, two teams, or three teams in the NIT?  Richmond, or VCU, or Loyola????  Your odds from above are fairly tight.

NIT

VCU....74%

Rich....66%

Loy....62%

NIT bid chances

1 team...62-74%

2 teams ..41-49%

3 teams ...30%

0 teams...15%

HoosierPal likes this

BYU will destroy Duquesne. They're really exciting I'm surprised I haven't heard that Coach mentioned for big jobs.  I think he's a UK guy

11 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

BYU will destroy Duquesne. They're really exciting I'm surprised I haven't heard that Coach mentioned for big jobs.  I think he's a UK guy

He gets mentioned, but since he is Mormon I think many question if he wants to move on.  I think that question is even more valid now that they are in the Big 12.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He gets mentioned, but since he is Mormon I think many question if he wants to move on.  I think that question is even more valid now that they are in the Big 12.

Is he mormon?  I didn't realize. Schertz is Jewish.  Gotta find him a good local deli.

Possible match up of Texas vs Tenn in round two.  I see you committee

McNeese won a lot of games but check out their schedule no sh*t these are the name of some of the teams: Biblical Studies, Champion Christian, Mary Kate LeTourneau, Mississippi University for Women.  SO I'm not sure I'm in on this 12-5 upset