GDT: SLU v. Rhode Island

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Why?  Can’t you enjoy the victory? God knows they are rare but they overcame a huge amount of adversity. 

Because it was not a "great effort" nothing has really improved with this team. They outscored a really bad defensive team and gave up 91 points. I honestly don't know if I can at this point and that's sad to say. Did I enjoy watching SVB have his best game as a Billiken, of course. Did I enjoy watching Jimerson bomb 3s, of course. But right now I can't fully enjoy watching Billiken Basketball, no.

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Because it was not a "great effort" nothing has really improved with this team. They outscored a really bad defensive team and gave up 91 points. I honestly don't know if I can at this point and that's sad to say. Did I enjoy watching SVB have his best game as a Billiken, of course. Did I enjoy watching Jimerson bomb 3s, of course. But right now I can't fully enjoy watching Billiken Basketball, no.

As expected. Alex would be proud. 

24 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Apologize to Maria and hop on the Billiken Bandwagon 05!

TheA_Bomb likes this

Posters on this board “hate” the Billikens so much that they think an 11 win season is unacceptable.
Too much hater-ade from the “MBAs” - I guess we have a lot of post grads here from Chaifetz Businees school.

1 minute ago, TRN said:

Nope, firing May would make people happy, too.

As I've said before it would make me happier. Coaches and administrators get paid what they get paid because they are on the hook for everything that goes wrong, they are hired and paid to eventually be fired. Not a single bone in my body has or will ever feel any sort of sympathy for someone in these sort of high profile positions being fired.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think most are just taking the small victories like this game as big successes given how bad this season has been.

at least I am.

1 hour ago, MariaReynolds said:

Fire Ford. That's the ONLY thing that makes you happy. More power to you. Billiken hate is strong on this board. 🙄

Honestly yes, it would.  Bc with Ford we have hit our ceiling.  We are left cheering for something like today, a win over a bad RI team.  This team and this program should always be at the top of the A-10, you know that Maria.  We all know that, and so we’re pissed that they are not. 

There’s no Billiken hate out of 99% of this board. You’re just confusing frustration with hate. We all just want to get back to where we know we should and can be and unfortunately that means Ford needs to be canned and even May.  But both of those guys have made millions and they are fine. 

19 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

I think most are just taking the small victories like this game as big successes given how bad this season has been.

at least I am.

I mean that’s what I said right? I can enjoy the little things, but I can’t fully enjoy a Billiken win. 

7 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Honestly yes, it would.  Bc with Ford we have hit our ceiling.  We are left cheering for something like today, a win over a bad RI team.  This team and this program should always be at the top of the A-10, you know that Maria.  We all know that, and so we’re pissed that they are not. 

There’s no Billiken hate out of 99% of this board. You’re just confusing frustration with hate. We all just want to get back to where we know we should and can be and unfortunately that means Ford needs to be canned and even May.  But both of those guys have made millions and they are fine. 

No disagreement in general.  I (and many others) are just tired of the consistent negativity. And it doesn't help that many of those constantly posting snarky sh!t really do little or nothing for the program. 

Those who want their voices heard, write the check. Many have and their voices are heard. And, yes, several of them are not big fans of Travis. But you will not see them posting here. 

I understand that most cannot write "the check", but if that is the case, don't be an MBA, just be a basic MBM. 

1 hour ago, MariaReynolds said:

No disagreement in general.  I (and many others) are just tired of the consistent negativity. And it doesn't help that many of those constantly posting snarky sh!t really do little or nothing for the program. 

Those who want their voices heard, write the check. Many have and their voices are heard. And, yes, several of them are not big fans of Travis. But you will not see them posting here. 

I understand that most cannot write "the check", but if that is the case, don't be an MBA, just be a basic MBM. 

Eh, yeah I get your point but this is a place, at least for now (bc I think brighter days are ahead) for us SLU fans to commiserate and there has to be a spot for that.