Day over The Bills by 18

35 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Play average defense and and shoot over 40% from three and we hang around until the end.  Play our typical defense and this game is over by halftime.

The potential is certainly there for either outcome. Dayton shoots extremely well from 3 and our perimeter defense is shaky. They have DaRon Holmes as the big x-factor. Hargrove gives up a ton of size on him and he could get Ezewiro fouled out. They also don't turn it over much and we don't force turnovers at all. So their strengths align pretty well with some obvious vulnerabilities for SLU.

But they also play a low possession style and don't generally run away with games. They've turned it over a lot more in 3 A10 games than in the non-conference schedule. They haven't really blown anyone out since Oakland last month. I don't see us winning this game but we have the potential to hang around a lot longer than they would want. I hope that someone on our bench realizes we're actually a top-20 team in three point percentage and we can create more looks from outside and keep this game competitive.

The start of this game matters a lot. We can't get into a big hole. This team has been awful outside of Chaifetz and this will be the toughest environment yet.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Ford keeping the starters in down 25 with 4 mins left against Dayton's walk-ons will get this down to a respectable final score.

Or burnergate turned around the season and we win.

Not a chance that happens. Margin of victory matters with the Net. They won’t be subbing out their starters and watching us make a late run and giving up a chance to move up. They will drill us if they can. 

4 minutes ago, DOC said:

Not a chance that happens. Margin of victory matters with the Net. They won’t be subbing out their starters and watching us make a late run and giving up a chance to move up. They will drill us if they can. 

with teams actively playing for NET i tend to agree with you. Dayton is probably the only team in conference for whom NET actually matters a lot

Noone else is even sniffing at-large, either NCAA or NIT.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

The potential is certainly there for either outcome. Dayton shoots extremely well from 3 and our perimeter defense is shaky. They have DaRon Holmes as the big x-factor. Hargrove gives up a ton of size on him and he could get Ezewiro fouled out. They also don't turn it over much and we don't force turnovers at all. So their strengths align pretty well with some obvious vulnerabilities for SLU.

But they also play a low possession style and don't generally run away with games. They've turned it over a lot more in 3 A10 games than in the non-conference schedule. They haven't really blown anyone out since Oakland last month. I don't see us winning this game but we have the potential to hang around a lot longer than they would want. I hope that someone on our bench realizes we're actually a top-20 team in three point percentage and we can create more looks from outside and keep this game competitive.

The start of this game matters a lot. We can't get into a big hole. This team has been awful outside of Chaifetz and this will be the toughest environment yet.

I mean, SIUC hung a 40 point margin on us. Maybe tone down the hope.

Schasz likes this

10 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Play average defense and and shoot over 40% from three and we hang around until the end.  Play our typical defense and this game is over by halftime.

The guys managed to pull off option one tonight.  We were nothing special but we did enough to hang around.  That's the key to success going forward.  We need to play passable defense to give Parker and Jimerson a chance to close out ball games.

I understand why the coaching staff went with the senior down the stretch but Meadows decision-making the second half was disappointing.  If he plays a little bit better this ball game goes down to the wire.

Parker moved very well tonight.  We may see the old Parker in 2 weeks rather than 4.

CenHudDude likes this

23 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

The computer did not anticipate Dayton shooting so badly from 3 this game

Dayton is funny because of their style of play. It’s very slow, efficient yet still nothing too impressive.  It’s impressive in the fact that they can dictate a came so well, but they’re not a skilled offensive or defensive team

If this team has any chance of winning games down the stretch Parker has to be the man. Jimerson had very few open looks tonight . He forced a lot of shots that he had to force. He needs another scorer to take some of the pressure off him. I also wish TJ would drive more. Don’t have stats but I think his conversion rate is pretty good. 

13 minutes ago, willie said:

If this team has any chance of winning games down the stretch Parker has to be the man. Jimerson had very few open looks tonight . He forced a lot of shots that he had to force. He needs another scorer to take some of the pressure off him. I also wish TJ would drive more. Don’t have stats but I think his conversion rate is pretty good. 

Gibson was open when parker was in. But, idk, only coaches can figure that out I guess.