SLU Baseball 2024

OkieBilliken

2 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

Not sure what Moore's injury is.  He was hit by a pitch twice on Sunday by that Cincinnati scum. Ugh.     

Fracture, and yes... the Cincinnati coach was a POS and the pitcher that hit Moore just like him.  They cried about a bat flip from Nouweg on his HR Friday, and then talked the umpires into ejecting Moore on his after the next AB.  Watch any SEC/ACC game...

Then when Moore came back Sunday he was pelted twice.  They threw behind Sitzman.  

This is after the utter douchebag Cincy coach had a player steal home in the 9th Saturday when the game was in hand... Hendrickson had put in reserves everywhere, had a 3rd string catcher and a pitcher who had recorded no innings.  Hope their season ends abruptly and with prejudice.  

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray is likely going to pitch at some point... honestly with the offense (even without Moore) Ray's absence won't be felt as much during conference play... we'll see.  Minor fraying of the UCL but doesn't want to sit... essentially his last year.  

2 hours ago, BillTheCat said:

Fracture, and yes... the Cincinnati coach was a POS and the pitcher that hit Moore just like him.  They cried about a bat flip from Nouweg on his HR Friday, and then talked the umpires into ejecting Moore on his after the next AB.  Watch any SEC/ACC game...

Then when Moore came back Sunday he was pelted twice.  They threw behind Sitzman.  

This is after the utter douchebag Cincy coach had a player steal home in the 9th Saturday when the game was in hand... Hendrickson had put in reserves everywhere, had a 3rd string catcher and a pitcher who had recorded no innings.  Hope their season ends abruptly and with prejudice.  

So Moore's injury was caused by the HBPs?

Watched game today on ESPN+ wouldn’t show bleachers and broadcast was rough to say it nicely. Why can’t SLU figure it out? No press box, no replay, no ADA seating…it’s embarrassing. Great win today regardless! 

12 hours ago, slu92 said:

Watched game today on ESPN+ wouldn’t show bleachers and broadcast was rough to say it nicely. Why can’t SLU figure it out? No press box, no replay, no ADA seating…it’s embarrassing. Great win today regardless! 

Here's one that should be an obvious, easy fix:

The centerfield camera is the default viewing angle during pitches, so this should have a stable mount.  Instead, the camera is apparently mounted on the batter's eye wall which constantly flexes in the wind.  This makes the viewing angle unusable anytime the wind blows (it does almost all the time).  The fallback is the 2010-vintage camcorder mounted at the top of the aluminum bleachers through the heavy net.  

Fix:  Have Facilities dig a hole, install a post, and mount the centerfield camera on the post.  This is neither a significant expense nor is it rocket science.  

There are plenty of people with experience doing this sort of thing to help the school, and there's a forum on Reddit with people who have asked how to install centerfield cameras with plenty of good responses:  r/VideoEngineering! (reddit.com)

- Going for the Series Sweep today... Rhode Island came into this weekend with a higher RPI than SLU (Power rankings calculation based on strength of schedule / results, etc).

slu92 likes this

Confirmed- no centerfield camera today… they unplugged the camcorder attached to the $10 Amazon Go Pro mount.

Was told “we’re doing the best with what we’ve got”.

Meanwhile the earlier Old Dominion / South Alabama game had instant replay on ESPN+.

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7790.jpeg

IMG_7791.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I’m surprised the Go Pro mount cost the university $10. I assumed it was just something they rummaged out of the lost and found.

Yeah this is the kinda thing you get in a kit that’s 20 bucks. It’s likely worth $2.50

15 hours ago, slu92 said:

Yeah, watched a little yesterday, watching today's game now. It's nice that it's on, but...it's not great.

I'm enjoying the photographic proof.

I got an old Gorpro I can donate and probably some Cat5 cable too.  But there's this new thing wifi they could use . They should get the AV Club on this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I'm enjoying the photographic proof.

I got an old Gorpro I can donate and probably some Cat5 cable too.  But there's this new thing wifi they could use . They should get the AV Club on this

Honestly they had issues with the camera all weekend and it wasn’t there today. I believe them on this one, but they should have better infrastructure for broadcasts. 

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Honestly they had issues with the camera all weekend and it wasn’t there today. I believe them on this one, but they should have better infrastructure for broadcasts. 

That’s exactly right. There is a clear need to upgrade the equipment to broadcast the games, both cameras and where they are mounted and connectivity.

Keep in mind recruits watch these “telecasts” they are poor at best. Honestly, the whole deal is so bad. But AD really thinks putting in new sod this year is a major facility upgrade, so that’s who you are dealing with. Guy has no clue. Fred too. Anybody that says that’s a D1 set up, don’t listen to another word. Waste of your time and they have no idea what they are talking about. When you have Gilligan as your AD, shouldn’t expect anything else.  

7 hours ago, BillTheCat said:

The wonderful portapotty just visited had a last serviced date of 3/22.  This is believable.

The more humane actual bathrooms are of course locked.

Commitment to Excellence is one of Chris Mays many beliefs….lol

3 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Keep in mind recruits watch these “telecasts” they are poor at best. Honestly, the whole deal is so bad. But AD really thinks putting in new sod this year is a major facility upgrade, so that’s who you are dealing with. Guy has no clue. Fred too. Anybody that says that’s a D1 set up, don’t listen to another word. Waste of your time and they have no idea what they are talking about. When you have Gilligan as your AD, shouldn’t expect anything else.  

I understand Fred was responsible for what farm the sod came from. 

Walk off win over SIU-E yesterday.   DH gave playing time to several bench players and got away with it.  SLU scored a run in the 9th to tie after blowing a lead and, of course Clohisy provided the walk-off hit in the 10th.    He even got Hayden Moore to make an appearance as a pinch runner.   Next up at St. Joe's this weekend

On 3/30/2024 at 8:55 PM, willie said:

I understand Fred was responsible for what farm the sod came from. 

Field looks great right now. Still it should’ve been turfed. Watched SLUH v Chaminade yesterday and it’s incredible how a local high school program literally blows a top D1 baseball programs facilities out of the water. I don’t care if Chris May is AD and Steve Kerr is hired as the new mbb coach. Guy is a total moron. Program deserves much better. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

Field looks fine… everything about the facility around it is a shame because the team is entertaining enough to draw more than family and friends.

Hayden Moore determined to beat physician’s timetable on a return.  Richter has done an admirable job stepping in as lead off, and hopefully Winters bat heats up now that he has a position in the OF.  

Looks like a frigid weekend in Philly for the Bills taking on St. Joe's.   According to their website today and Sundays games will be on ESPN+.   SJU apparently is another A10 facility that doesn't have lights so day games only.   I love that almost every college when describing their own substandard home fields use terms like "one of the premiere facilities in the area" and "state of the art"