What are the chances Magassa gets cleared this week?

BLIKNS

1 minute ago, thunderdan said:

I can't give up on SVB.  It's way too early in his development.  I remember Chris Heinrich being brutal to watch, early in his career.  He was a very serviceable player, by his Junior and Senior years. 

-did Heinrich or Vouyoukas get taken out of the game if they made a mistake?

image.png.262109889226fe8146edac8bbf9c71f9.png

28 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

I can't give up on SVB.  It's way too early in his development.  I remember Chris Heinrich being brutal to watch, early in his career.  He was a very serviceable player, by his Junior and Senior years. Ian Vouyoukas also made a huge jump, his Junior year. 

We just lost by 39. What does it matter, honestly? We probably will see an entire new staff next year, there are always other players. Do I want to see him and Bruce succeed? Yes. Do I want to see them play more the rest of the season? Yes. Is there any point in getting attached? Even beyond the current status of transferring in college sports, no not really. It's like Welmer, Roby or Crawford. It was great to have them around the first few Ford years, but like if they transferred, best of luck, I ain't mad atchya.

2010andBeyond likes this

Probably won't happen till 3330 Laclede Ave hires an Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance which is still posted. I literally see TFord sending his GAs every day to this Compliance Office and asking about the status of Magassa/Ezewiro. Every time they tell the GAs, we have no one in that office and we can't respond to the NCAA till that position is filled. 

4 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Vouyoukas, absolutely.  Heinrich, not much that I can recall.  He was significantly better than Vouyoukas as a freshman.  He didn't improve much.  

Whoa Nellie, hold it right there 3 Star….Heinrich scored 16 points in the NCAA tourney against Kentucky, national champions. More than future pro Larry Legend! One more year and Heinrich would have parted the Red Sea and led the Bills to the promised land!

1 minute ago, VeniceMenace said:

Whoa Nellie, hold it right there 3 Star….Heinrich scored 16 points in the NCAA tourney against Kentucky, national champions. More than future pro Larry Legend! One more year and Heinrich would have parted the Red Sea and led the Bills to the promised land!

Yep, 16 points and 10 boards ... as a freshman.  Arguably his best game as a Billiken.

VeniceMenace likes this

19 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

We just lost by 39. What does it matter, honestly? We probably will see an entire new staff next year, there are always other players. Do I want to see him and Bruce succeed? Yes. Do I want to see them play more the rest of the season? Yes. Is there any point in getting attached? Even beyond the current status of transferring in college sports, no not really. It's like Welmer, Roby or Crawford. It was great to have them around the first few Ford years, but like if they transferred, best of luck, I ain't mad atchya.

I understand every point you make, and you are not wrong about any of it, but I am going to cheer for the Billikens to succeed in each game and every season, even lost seasons like this one appears to be.  I have too much Billiken blue blood in me to not care about winning the next game.  Until a guy transfers, I want him to succeed when wearing our uniform.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I understand every point you make, and you are not wrong about any of it, but I am going to cheer for the Billikens to succeed in each game and every season, even lost seasons like this one appears to be.  I have too much Billiken blue blood in me to not care about winning the next game.  Until a guy transfers, I want him to succeed when wearing our uniform.

We agree on this as well. But I'm just saying there's no point in stressing over whether or not anyone will be back next season. 

• 3 weeks later...