SEMO goes dancing

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Basically one and the same - you and Bang. Only difference is, you haven't been restricted... yet.

Yeah, don't want to be restricted for offending the delicate sensibilities of some fans who can't handle criticism. You want this fanbase to grow, then you have to accept the opinions of ALL.

Schasz likes this

11 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

Yeah, don't want to be restricted for offending the delicate sensibilities of some fans who can't handle criticism. You want this fanbase to grow, then you have to accept the opinions of ALL.

Agreed. Differences of opinion, fine. Trolling is not. Steve is pretty good at differentiating between the two.

cgeldmacher likes this

1 hour ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I beg to differ.  SEMO had one of the toughest places to play back when they were a D2 power.  Fans packed the place (granted it was a small venue), but there is a fan base there that just grew tired of the constant losing for nearly 20 years.  If they can sustain this, keep key players, keep Korn—they can be the Murray ST of the OVC and the fans will be there.  

The problem is the long time good teams in the OVC have moved up to better conferences so winning their conference now is different. But an invite to the Dance is still an invite. We kind find ourselves in a similar situation but I think our teams can get better 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Agreed. Differences of opinion, fine. Trolling is not. Steve is pretty good at differentiating between the two.

So I’ll bite…I’ll use one of my last to chime in here.  “Steve” may be very fair and even handed, and he may be the best moderator on any board, but I have no idea who he is or what criteria he uses to base his decisions.  All I know is that I received no warnings, but did get restricted.  So you’re a troll if you don’t have the same viewpoint as the hyper-sensitive members of the board?  There are many on this board who can’t handle any criticism, and that’s really a shame.  It’s hard to have a debate when everyone is in agreement—that would be called a pep rally.  I won’t make any apologies for cheering on SEMO and former Billiken Phillip Russell who is from STL.  IMO it makes the region much more interesting when there are multiple teams having success.  It forces programs to step up their game.  In recent history there likely weren’t too many recruits considering both SEMO and SLU, but with the success SEMO has had this season, the fact that SIUE and Lindenwood are also in the OVC with EIU, there will be a little bit more competition for local players.  If SEMO can sustain this momentum they are on and become a consistent challenger in the OVC with multiple NCAA tournament bids—the better STL area kid will have yet another landing spot.  I will argue that better competition from “local” schools helps force your hand, that in turn is why the success of SEMO is relevant to SLU—besides the thousands of alumni in the area.

3 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

So I’ll bite…I’ll use one of my last to chime in here.  “Steve” may be very fair and even handed, and he may be the best moderator on any board, but I have no idea who he is or what criteria he uses to base his decisions.  All I know is that I received no warnings, but did get restricted.  So you’re a troll if you don’t have the same viewpoint as the hyper-sensitive members of the board?  There I’m are many on this board who can’t handle any criticism, and that’s really a shame.  It’s hard to have a debate when everyone is in agreement—that would be called a pep rally.  I won’t make any apologies for cheering on SEMO and former Billiken Phillip Russell who is from STL.  IMO it makes the region much more interesting when there are multiple teams having success.  It forces programs to step up their game.  I’m recent history there likely weren’t too many recruits considering both SEMO and SLU, but with the success SEMO has had this season, the fact that SIUE and Lindenwood are also in the OVC with EIU, there will be a little bit more competition for local players.  If SEMO can sustain this momentum they are on and become a consistent challenger in the OVC with multiple NCAA tournament bids—the better STL area kid will have yet another landing spot.  I will argue that better competition from “local” schools helps force your hand, that in turn is why the success of SEMO is relevant to SLU—besides the thousands of slums in the area.

Yes he is. Many trolls before you have used some of these same arguments - in fact, some previous trolls who you might be VERY familiar with have said similar things.

35 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yes he is. Many trolls before you have used some of these same arguments - in fact, some previous trolls who you might be VERY familiar with have said similar things.

They might even be staring back at him from the mirror..............

45 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

So I’ll bite…I’ll use one of my last to chime in here.  “Steve” may be very fair and even handed, and he may be the best moderator on any board, but I have no idea who he is or what criteria he uses to base his decisions.  All I know is that I received no warnings, but did get restricted.  So you’re a troll if you don’t have the same viewpoint as the hyper-sensitive members of the board?  There are many on this board who can’t handle any criticism, and that’s really a shame.  It’s hard to have a debate when everyone is in agreement—that would be called a pep rally.  I won’t make any apologies for cheering on SEMO and former Billiken Phillip Russell who is from STL.  IMO it makes the region much more interesting when there are multiple teams having success.  It forces programs to step up their game.  In recent history there likely weren’t too many recruits considering both SEMO and SLU, but with the success SEMO has had this season, the fact that SIUE and Lindenwood are also in the OVC with EIU, there will be a little bit more competition for local players.  If SEMO can sustain this momentum they are on and become a consistent challenger in the OVC with multiple NCAA tournament bids—the better STL area kid will have yet another landing spot.  I will argue that better competition from “local” schools helps force your hand, that in turn is why the success of SEMO is relevant to SLU—besides the thousands of alumni in the area.

Boo freaking hoo.......

ACE likes this

1 hour ago, BANGheGOTit said:

We have plenty of dissent and disagreement on this board without trolls like you in each of your iterations.  The point is that we don't need trolls to stir the pot, the pot stirs itself on this board.

Billiken Rich and ACE like this

21 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

We have plenty of dissent and disagreement on this board without trolls like you in each of your iterations.  The point is that we don't need trolls to stir the pot, the pot stirs itself on this board.

Yeah, because posting about SEMO making the tournament is dissenting, controversial, and trollish.  If you’re so annoyed by my posts, why not just put me on ignore?  Is it because you just like to whine and cry and have others wrap you in their like-minded soft AF collective arms that are your safe place?    I responded to a comment directed to me.  You had no reason to reply except for the fact you must be obsessed.  I explained my restriction because it was brought up.  This is about Phil Russel and SEMO.  It’s not about me or this board.  Can’t you be mature and focused enough to stay on topic?  You have no idea how some members stroke my ego by feeling the need to comment on my every word.  It makes me feel like a rock star to know I am that influential.  I appreciate the amount of time and energy some of you waste.  Seriously…plenty of people commented on this topic without the feeling the need to pull the “troll” card.  That is sooooo old.

25 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Yeah, because posting about SEMO making the tournament is dissenting, controversial, and trollish.  If you’re so annoyed by my posts, why not just put me on ignore?  Is it because you just like to whine and cry and have others wrap you in their like-minded soft AF collective arms that are your safe place?    I responded to a comment directed to me.  You had no reason to reply except for the fact you must be obsessed.  I explained my restriction because it was brought up.  This is about Phil Russel and SEMO.  It’s not about me or this board.  Can’t you be mature and focused enough to stay on topic?  You have no idea how some members stroke my ego by feeling the need to comment on my every word.  It makes me feel like a rock star to know I am that influential.  I appreciate the amount of time and energy some of you waste.  Seriously…plenty of people commented on this topic without the feeling the need to pull the “troll” card.  That is sooooo old.

I will never put a poster on ignore. I like reading all of the comments (time permitting), even the ones I disagree with. Here is the problem as I see it....recently a few posters have turned every single thread/topic into fire Ford. Every.single.thread. We get it. You want to move on. But posting about it a 1000 times on a message board does about as much good as stomping your feet. Don't buy tickets. Send the AD an email with your thoughts. Withhold your donations. Those are going to be more effective than constantly chirping on a message board.

DOC, Bills71 and Billikenbooster like this

Again—THIS IS NOT A FIRE FORD THREAD!  What is it about some people who can’t stay on topic?  Is every post about the success of a different program seen as a shot at SLU?  This is relevant to the SLU program whether or not some members like it or not.  Celebrate the win SEMO had as a “local” team with local players.  There is a connection to the Billiken program. Trust me, if I wanted to take a shot at Travis or May—the opportunity is there.  Personally I don’t think Travis is going anywhere and like many have pointed out—this season. Is not over yet.  I’m hoping this group can pull their head out and go on a little run like many of us thought they were capable of in the preseason.  I’d love nothing more than Ford to take this team on a miracle Sweet 16 run….just not hiding my breath we make it past round 2 of the A10 tournament.

28 minutes ago, shempie said:

I will never put a poster on ignore. I like reading all of the comments (time permitting), even the ones I disagree with. Here is the problem as I see it....recently a few posters have turned every single thread/topic into fire Ford. Every.single.thread. We get it. You want to move on. But posting about it a 1000 times on a message board does about as much good as stomping your feet. Don't buy tickets. Send the AD an email with your thoughts. Withhold your donations. Those are going to be more effective than constantly chirping on a message board.

I made this same post, asking that they use one thread to get themselves all worked in and can talk amongst themselves, but was met by some tool who responded with fire Ford. This came right after he told us a kid would be better playing at SEMO than SLU. You just can't fix stupid.

2 hours ago, DOC said:

I made this same post, asking that they use one thread to get themselves all worked in and can talk amongst themselves, but was met by some tool who responded with fire Ford. This came right after he told us a kid would be better playing at SEMO than SLU. You just can't fix stupid.

Sorry if the logic was too much for you but he is going to Dance with SEMO. We have most of our starters probably leaving. We may not make the Dance - we will know soon but the odds are not great. He apparently has found a home where he is flourishing.  Tell me again why he would be better off at SLU. Now if he wants to come then that is a different metric unknown at this time. Oh and just so you don’t miss it today - fire Ford. Now are you happy.