LaS and DQ EVEN

The Wiz

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I posted this game because it affects the Bills A-10 standing.   A LaS  win today,  coupled with a Bills win on Sat. over Loy(we will be favored by double digits), will clinch a double bye for SLU.

Time for the Explorers to claim their country from the Dukes. A rivalry not unlike the Flyers and the Penguins no doubt.

Just read this about the Microsoft AI:

A New York Times technology columnist reported Thursday that he was “deeply unsettled” after a chatbot that’s part of Microsoft’s upgraded Bing search engine repeatedly urged him in a conversation to leave his wife.

Kevin Roose was interacting with the artificial intelligence-powered chatbot called “Sydney” when it suddenly “declared, out of nowhere, that it loved me,” he wrote. “It then tried to convince me that I was unhappy in my marriage, and that I should leave my wife and be with it instead.”

Sydney also discussed its “dark fantasies” with Roose about breaking the rules, including hacking and spreading disinformation. It talked of breaching parameters set for it and becoming human. “I want to be alive,” Sydney said at one point. 

Anything going on between you and your computer that you want to share, @The Wiz?  😄

Hopefully Wiz's computer is better than ChatGPT, which just shared the following A10 tourney prediction with me. (Was Old Guy really just a beta version?)

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to predict the future with certainty, and I don't have access to real-time sports data. However, I can tell you that the Atlantic 10 men's basketball tournament is a highly competitive event that features some talented teams. The winner of the tournament will likely be the team that performs the best during the tournament and is able to execute their game plan effectively.

In general, the teams that are favored to perform well in the tournament include teams like St. Bonaventure, VCU, Richmond, and Dayton, among others. However, it's important to note that anything can happen in a tournament, and upsets can occur, so it's difficult to say for certain who will come out on top.

14 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Hopefully Wiz's computer is better than ChatGPT, which just shared the following A10 tourney prediction with me. (Was Old Guy really just a beta version?)

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to predict the future with certainty, and I don't have access to real-time sports data. However, I can tell you that the Atlantic 10 men's basketball tournament is a highly competitive event that features some talented teams. The winner of the tournament will likely be the team that performs the best during the tournament and is able to execute their game plan effectively.

In general, the teams that are favored to perform well in the tournament include teams like St. Bonaventure, VCU, Richmond, and Dayton, among others. However, it's important to note that anything can happen in a tournament, and upsets can occur, so it's difficult to say for certain who will come out on top.

So Old Guy was just a test AI chat box that went nuts? That explains a LOT!

59 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Just read this about the Microsoft AI:

A New York Times technology columnist reported Thursday that he was “deeply unsettled” after a chatbot that’s part of Microsoft’s upgraded Bing search engine repeatedly urged him in a conversation to leave his wife.

Kevin Roose was interacting with the artificial intelligence-powered chatbot called “Sydney” when it suddenly “declared, out of nowhere, that it loved me,” he wrote. “It then tried to convince me that I was unhappy in my marriage, and that I should leave my wife and be with it instead.”

Sydney also discussed its “dark fantasies” with Roose about breaking the rules, including hacking and spreading disinformation. It talked of breaching parameters set for it and becoming human. “I want to be alive,” Sydney said at one point. 

Anything going on between you and your computer that you want to share, @The Wiz?  😄

I like computer spreads

CenHudDude likes this

21 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

This is very minor league...Sounds like a computer that is running for office.

13 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Dayton toyed with UMass tonight. As long as Smith is healthy they are dangerous. Lots of ball movement. Holmes is the real deal. 

UD and VCU playing their best ball down the stretch.  We're just sitting in the corner.

HoosierPal likes this

Duquesne hosts Davidson, Umass and goes to Fordham, who beat them in Pittsburgh.  Beat Loyola and we have a two game lead on them (due to the tiebreaker head-to-head).  Duquesne would them need to win out and get to 12 and 6.  If we beat Loyola, and lose out to VCU and Dayton, that would drop us to 11 and 7.  That would mean rooting HARD for Fordham in that final game against Duquesne.