Midtown Madness: S2E31 w/ Nick Kramer; Collins Draft Evaluation; A10 Coaching Carousel; WBB Coaching Search Continues

Podcast

This episode is brought to you by Wheelhouse Bicycle Shop in Creve  Coeur. Go see Nathan Levanthal first at 770 North New Ballas Road in  Creve Coeur or online at wheelhousebicycle.com.

Nick Kramer joins the show to talk about everything from word games,  his recruiting process, to Connor Turnbull, to boys catholic high  school hockey rivalries.
Yuri Collins to undergo NBA Draft evaluation process
Recruiting Updates
A10 Coach Hiring trend goes from up and coming assistants to "retread" head coaches.
Womens' Basketball has been without a coach for 16 business days.
WBB de commitments and transfers
Baseball and Softball Recaps Track and Field Tennis
Chess wins a National Championship  

A Be The Match event in honor of Ford Stuen will be held on April 13th  on SLU’s campus to coincide with what would’ve been his 30th birthday.  It will be held in the quad from 9 am to 3 pm, or inside the Busch  Student Center if it rains. Be The Match finds matches for patients  needing stem cell or bone marrow transplants. 70% of patients who need a  transplant do not have a fully matched donor in their family, creating a  need for the donor registry. They’re looking for donors between the  ages of 18-40 - younger donors in good health are best for patients and  provide the greatest chance for transplant success. If you are unable to  join the registry in person on April 13, please text SLU4FORD to 61474  to request a kit be mailed. There is no cost to return the kit.

View the full article

Pistol and TheChosenOne like this

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I said that Turnbull visited Mizzou this weekend. My Guy Phillips correction is that he was scheduled to visit but didn't end up going.

Otherwise- flawless show.

Twitter buzz says that Noah Carter (UNI transfer "big" man 6'6", 229lbs with 2 years of eligibility left) visited Mizzou this weekend.  No commitment as far as I can tell, but hopefully Turnbull sees that Mizzou isn't making him priority #1 & the frontcourt there is a lot more crowded with guys (even if none are as good as Okoro).  I believe Mizzou also has Kobe & Kaleb Brown, Ronnie DeGray and Yaya Keita still on the roster as "bigs" or sort of "bigs" with multiple years of eligibility left.

Pistol likes this

i would sure love to see the billikens make an effort to find a true PF and play a more traditional lineup instead of the dribble drive 4 guards out.   kentucky is successful playing the four guard out thing simply because they typically have an incredibly talented roster that is loaded with nba potential most years.   those guys could be successful playing any offense and has little to do with scum's offensive schemes imo.  

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i would sure love to see the billikens make an effort to find a true PF and play a more traditional lineup instead of the dribble drive 4 guards out.   kentucky is successful playing the four guard out thing simply because they typically have an incredibly talented roster that is loaded with nba potential most years.   those guys could be successful playing any offense and has little to do with scum's offensive schemes imo.  

That’s why Eric Weathers Jr was/is a target. 

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

I agree, I like the 2 bigs a wing and 2 guard line up.

Ford did play that type of line up for a few minutes when Bell and French started with Perkins at the wing.

I know the run time of some episodes can look like a lot, but we structure it in a way so the MBB-only fans can drop or fast forward or whatever once it gets to a point where it might not be in your wheelhouse anymore.

In this case, we start with a half hour conversation with Nick Kramer, then go over the latest in MBB, then WBB (coaching search, transfers, etc.), and then move on to other sports. Even if you're not a regular listener, I strongly encourage you to get to know Kramer in the short interview we did. He's a great dude and we had a lot of fun with him.

And if you enjoyed this episode, we think you'll really like the next few weeks, as well.

billikenfan05 and thetorch like this

Nice interview, liked the look inside of what an official visit looks like and what sold Kramer on SLU. It’s funny that it actually sounds similar to what some MBM’s have thought the selling pitches have been to other players.

Jordan Goodwin “you will be this Marcus smart type player”

Gibson “we will use you like these parts of fortes game”

Perkins “we want to develop you like javon Bess”

okoro “we will use you like these parts of French’s game”

Not quoting these from other posters but just can imagine them being part of the pitches. 

Pistol likes this