The Bills over UNI by 8

The Wiz

I will try  not to make this anymore painful than it has to be. Just a couple of key stats will tell the story. 

3s...we couldn't shoot them (28%)...they did (43%)... but it wasn't just the %s...UNI took an extra 13   3PA and made an extra 8  threes over their 3PM season ave./gm.  I will leave it to the math geniuses to figure out how many extra pts that meant for UNI.  More importantly,  all those shots came on the perimeter where Yuri would have been normally.   Had he been there,  UNI would not have had  37  3PA or 16   3PM.

The other key stat was Pts off TOs...we lost this battle...21-7....we didn't have a real bad TO number (13) but almost everything we turned over turned to pts.

A disappointing end to the season.  I will do my season wrap up after the season ends...probably around Apr 5....Many of you will be gone from the board by then but the true blue Bills fans that are still here will be able to read about the high and low lights of the year and the season outlook for next year.

In the mean time, November will be here before you know it.

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I will try  not to make this anymore painful than it has to be. Just a couple of key stats will tell the story. 

3s...we couldn't shoot them (28%)...they did (43%)... but it wasn't just the %s...UNI took an extra 13   3PA and made an extra 8  threes over their 3PM season ave./gm.  I will leave it to the math geniuses to figure out how many extra pts that meant for UNI.  More importantly,  all those shots came on the perimeter where Yuri would have been normally.   Had he been there,  UNI would not have had  37  3PA or 16   3PM.

The other key stat was Pts off TOs...we lost this battle...21-7....we didn't have a real bad TO number (13) but almost everything we turned over turned to pts.

A disappointing end to the season.  I will do my season wrap up after the season ends...probably around Apr 5....Many of you will be gone from the board by then but the true blue Bills fans that are still here will be able to read about the high and low lights of the year and the season outlook for next year.

In the mean time, November will be here before you know it.

Well said from top to bottom.

what a bad week for me.  first my braves refused to give freddie freeman a six year contract.   they then turn around and trade for a first baseman and give him an 8 year contract.  plus they give away 4 stellar up and coming prospects. 

then my billikens get beat badly by two lesser althletic teams.  to make that even more painful both teams played the exact same game plan.  probably just a coincidence that davidson did the exact same thing to the billikens about a month ago as well. just a question,  arent you supposed to learn from losses and mistakes? 

at least ron acuna should be back for the summer.   it's all i got to look forward to. 

18 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

what a bad week for me.  first my braves refused to give freddie freeman a six year contract.   they then turn around and trade for a first baseman and give him an 8 year contract.  plus they give away 4 stellar up and coming prospects. 

then my billikens get beat badly by two lesser althletic teams.  to make that even more painful both teams played the exact same game plan.  probably just a coincidence that davidson did the exact same thing to the billikens about a month ago as well. just a question,  arent you supposed to learn from losses and mistakes? 

at least ron acuna should be back for the summer.   it's all i got to look forward to. 

Your Braves will be just fine, Roy. Trust the process. You have, arguably, the best GM in baseball. Olson is an ATL native, BTW. With the exception of the cannon fodder Marlins, the NL East will be a great division to watch all season long. 

billiken_roy likes this

10 hours ago, Old guy said:

On a positive side, and despite the loss, I liked to see Strickland playing and scoring. I thought he did rather well.

It's hard to figure out how he never saw the court. In extremely limited minutes he showed great athleticism. Must be a terrible practice player. If he hits the portal I think there would be interest. 

Just now, willie said:

It's hard to figure out how he never saw the court. In extremely limited minutes he showed great athleticism. Must be a terrible practice player. If he hits the portal I think there would be interest. 

Was running him at point a - frick who cares, or has he shown in practice he's semi capable of doing it, because that was a surprise.