GDT: vs Central Arkansas

1 minute ago, rgbilliken said:

I thought they were really flirting with getting T'ed up with the hanging-on-the-rim dunks last night. Honestly I'm here for it though. Love to see the guys out there having fun.

Refs in years past have always seemed to do a good job of understanding the difference between hanging on the rim and ensuring player safety. Nobody wants to see a kid get hurt and if they're flying into the rim like THJ or MS they have to understand the momentum needs to be absorbed before coming back down. 

SLU_Lax likes this

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Were you not the one saying he had a bad attitude? 

I was, but not for that reason. And I've since clarified my position as it changed through more exposure. 

Celebrating production is one thing, and a thing I support when done properly. What I frowned upon originally was completely different. 

15 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Took the words out of my mouth lol

I'm glad I've changed your mind BB40

I stand by what I said I saw but I'm happy that Nesbitt himself has changed my mind. He showed signs of a sh!t attitude in practices and has since turned it around. His teammates overall energy towards him has reflected that change too. 

Likely my billikens.com posts that motivated the changes. 

27 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I can't believe all of the panties in a bunch about Nesbitt having some personality.

The kid is a freak athlete, and more importantly a kid.  I hope he, Okoro, Hargrove, Strickland, and Yuri all show a ton of attitude all year. So long as it isn't targeted it won't be a technical foul and so long as it's earned we should be supportive of our boys having fun out there. 

i am an old school guy and dont like all of the strutting and such, that said it is what it is and the kids like it so i will have to adjust and put away my old ways

cgeldmacher likes this

34 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

I thought they were really flirting with getting T'ed up with the hanging-on-the-rim dunks last night. Honestly I'm here for it though. Love to see the guys out there having fun.

I did notice one dunk where Nesbitt swung on the rim just a bit that I thought was a little borderline. Usually (not always) the refs give kids the benefit of the doubt unless it’s pretty blatant. I have absolutely no problem with it as long as he gets back on defense, and as long as he’s not getting in an opponents face to taunt them. I didn’t see Nesbitt do anything last night that Goodwin hasn’t been doing for years. 

Bills By 40 likes this

6 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i am an old school guy and dont like all of the strutting and such, that said it is what it is and the kids like it so i will have to adjust and put away my old ways

I understand where you're coming from and there's a line that if crossed would put me in the same school of thought as you.

That being said I look at it as a huge positive. I don't foresee this attitude scaring away any fans that don't love to see it, while simultaneously attracting a lot of people who might not already be dedicated fans because they like the energy and the personality. It's very marketable ESPECIALLY to young people.  

dennis_w likes this

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

Refs in years past have always seemed to do a good job of understanding the difference between hanging on the rim and ensuring player safety. Nobody wants to see a kid get hurt and if they're flying into the rim like THJ or MS they have to understand the momentum needs to be absorbed before coming back down. 

You can (almost) always hang on the rim to slow your momentum or otherwise avoid a hard landing.  The refs give decent leeway on the hanging from the rim as its in the name of safety and lots of injuries can happen to ankles, knees, etc from landing on someone. 

The BIG no-no is doing anything resembling a pull up.  If you pull yourself up on the rim, you are tempting fate.

Big debate on the talk shows today over NFL taunting and NBA posturing.  Kids today (Nesbitt included) follow the lead of the NBA.  It is what it is.  They mimic what is happening above them.  I'm okay with that providing its not taunting or doesn't result in a fast break the other way.  

But I am old school like dennis.  Personally, I don't care for the trash talking or the posturing and I certainyl don't agree with any of the taunting but I am just a simple MBM moron whose opinion doesn't matter in this debate.

dennis_w and billikenbill like this

14 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Big debate on the talk shows today over NFL taunting and NBA posturing.  Kids today (Nesbitt included) follow the lead of the NBA.  It is what it is.  They mimic what is happening above them.  I'm okay with that providing its not taunting or doesn't result in a fast break the other way.  

But I am old school like dennis.  Personally, I don't care for the trash talking or the posturing and I certainyl don't agree with any of the taunting but I am just a simple MBM moron whose opinion doesn't matter in this debate.

There's certainly a line between taunting and celebrating, though, whereas the NFL and NBA consider them one in the same. That's what I hate. 

I don't think JNezz has crosed that line yet.