A10 Tournament GDT: Pillow Fight

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GDub out for revenge on the mighty Rams after the Rams took them to the woodshed three times last year including a 20 pt. shellacking in the A-10 tourney. 

20 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

James Naismith is looking forward to this exhibition of basketball today

Naismith enjoying this early display by the Joeys. They remind me of Butch and Sundance, "Who are those guys?"

"Saint Louis probably has the best athletes in this league, looking like a dark horse."

"Picked by many to be the best non-power conference team this season. Massive COVID pauses have probably damaged them...I think the champion is going to come out of that St. Bonaventure-Saint Louis bracket...if I had to pick, I'd probably go with Saint Louis. There the deepest and most talented team. Super frustrating year for the Billikens but if they get back where they were, that's probably a Sweet Sixteen team."

Just now, Pistol said:

Who guards Funk?

Guard funk by committee... Hargrove and Perkins would be best imo. Definitely tough given he has a stroke, but watching the way they defend, particularly inside, we could score 90 on these guys and then just play good enough D for them to miss some shots.

Since when did the Joeys turn into the '69 UCLA Bruins minus Big Lew? You've got Lucius Allen, Mike Warren, and there's Lynn Shackleford lighting it up from deep. OK, they're weak inside and Longpre to the locker room with a hand injury.

32 to 28 Joeys under 4 to.  Gianinni has Daly down.  Make him go left and double down.  Problem is every other Joey Jack’s it.  Funk.  Brown.  Bishop.  Hall.

Just now, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Saint Joes post defense and rebounding might be some of the worst in the A10. When they aren’t making threes they are bad.

Longpre's not much but without him, the Joeys are defenseless in the paint. LaSalle lighting it up and go up 6.

Wow, LaSalle is on fire from the arc. Up 7 at the under 16. I think this announcing crew is one of the best around and Giannini is excellent doing color.

Martucci from my home area Mahanoy City, PA.  Gianini much better as announcer than Greenberg, Walton, Vitale, etc.  Just so he analyzes and stays good.   Martucci sets him up well.

8 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Martucci from my home area Mahanoy City, PA.  Gianini much better as announcer than Greenberg, Walton, Vitale, etc.  Just so he analyzes and stays good.   Martucci sets him up well.

Agreed, Gianini is as good as I’ve seen from a color analyst