Top Incoming Point Guards - No Polk

Mobile-iken

...the article isn't about the Big XII as much as it's about point guards in the Midwest. Part I was about West Coast point guards, and Part III was about East Coast point guards. Yeah, the article centered on Texas's and Missouri's incoming point guards, but it also listed incoming points to follow throughout the Midwest. I'm disappointed that Dwayne Polk was overlooked. Trust me, he won't be ignored by March!

Lindy's preview also disses the Billikens, picking them 10th in the conference and neglecting to mention Polk among SLU's newcomers. Do they not know that Polk is coming? Perhaps they don't know and see no one to fill Fisher's slot and thus the team will drop.

(read with tongue firmly in cheek) of the fine job our sports information department does to get the word out on our team. here's hoping that soon the effects of cheryl levick start showing up somewhere. so far i havent seen much in the way of waves.

The fact that DP was missed says alot ... they are talking about the midwest and he was the player of the year in Mo. He was also the best player on the State Champions from a school that has been in the USA Today top 25 ... so it is not like he was coming from nowhere

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I didn't see top 100 player Rico Tucker on the list either and he is likely Minnesota's starting point guard this year. I think the players they highlighted had a lot to do with the how strong their programs are perceived to be, i.e. top 50 programs. The exception would be Brandon Cotton, who is a McDonald's All-American who transferred to a mid-major program.

No one is going to overlook SLU in the Conference because hopefully we will be hot coming off our Non-Con games.

Hype does help to get recruits, butts in seats, rankings etc.

Look at Auburn FB right now if they would have done what they are doing now last year when they did get the Hype they would be 1 or 2 not 4 hoping someone loses.

We'll get the hype when we get some wins that cures all but we need a bone tossed our way every now and then. SIDs do a lot. I recently heard about ESPNs outside the lines how Colleges publicize their Heisman candidates.

if the billikens did have anything to do with the weather, most of us wouldnt know it because our sports information department would only hand out stats about it at halftime of the storm to the people in the first row of the spectator section.

I think it has more to do with the fact that for the most part these players were rated higher out of high school.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&pid=40&yr=2004

Point Gaurds

# Nationaly out of high school.

4. Daniel Gibson (5 Stars) Texas

9. Drew Neitzel (4 Stars) Michigan State

15. Jason Horton (4 Stars) Missouri

18. Churchill Odia (4 Stars) Xavier

20. Jamar Butler (4 Stars) Ohio State

4. Brandon Cotton (4 Stars, though listed as a SG Class 2003) Detroit

14 A.J. Ratliff (4 Stars, though they have him as a SG) Indiana

I don't have a problem with them listing the players above higher because they are more well konwn. However the players that are listed below Polk are supposed to be on a similiar talent level acording to the experts. So if you are not going to include Polk and Slu then Stewart, Meacham, and Muhammad shouldn't be mentioned either.

NR. Dwayne Polk (3 Stars) St. Louis

NR. Clent Stewart (3 Stars) Kansas St.

NR. Trent Meacham (3 Stars) Dayton

NR. Jihad Muhammad (3 Stars) Cincinnati