Get That Piece of Crap ....

Taj79

... Cardinal emblem off the front page of the BILLIKEN board!

(What the hell, I had to do it!)

I'm torn ... a Cards/Sox series like '67 or do we see the best team in the American League versus the best team in the National League? Wouldn't that be a change of pace? Right now ... got to root for the Sox ... jsut so we can STOP tlaking about 1918 and some assinine curse!

taj said, "or do we see the best team in the American League versus the best team in the National League? Wouldn't that be a change of pace?"

why would another braves/yankmes rematch be a change of pace? ;-)

Roy you beat me to it.

Here is your virtual Tomahawk Chop:

Whoah whoah whoa whoah whoah whoah whaoh

Even without their big hitters the Braves force a Game 5.

Everyone picked the Phillie's to win the Division what some fools.

... then I am out. Not that I've watched a whole baseball game on the tube since I last lived in St. Loo and the Cards were playing the Brewers or the Royals ..... but the desire to see a series with them just saps it for me.

I said best two teams in baseball based on record. That would be the Cards and Yankees for this year. It also pretty tradiitonal but something not seen since the 60"s. Like all the others, I am very interested in the Yanks/BoSox and am leaning towards the Sox right now. Any two of those three teams would be great as far as I'm concerned. Just can't get excited over the 'Stros and least of all the Braves.

Interesting how things are perceived ..... Eagles go to three NFC title games in a row and are failures. Bills go to four straight Super Bowls ... and are failures. Braves win 13 straight divisions but only one World Series .... and they're an amazing run of longevity. Oh well .. to each his own.

#1 Yankees/Cards

#2 BoSox/Cards

If its anything else, I don't watch but to see who won at 0600 on ESPN News. And this coming from a true Card hater for his 10+ years in St. Loo. I'm a constant underachiever-rooter ... Eagles, Phillies, Billikens, Penn State (now). Old habits are hard to break.

Yes the Braves should have won another World Series or two. One of the best teams they had was the year of the Strike. In Baseball you now have to win 11 games to be World Champs that is alot all cylinders must be hitting. Maybe that is why the "hot" wild card teams have been able to sneak in a win it all as of late (Marlins, Angels). If you don't watch baseball anyway then I wouldn't expect you to get excited about it at all. I'm sick of hearing about the Red Sox vs. Yankees the rest of the country doesn't care as much as everyone in Bristol Connecticut does.

Goat,

Did you see ESPN's Outside the Lines show on Sunday morning? It was all about how schools market their players for the Heisman Trophy, and showed what Purdue has done to get Orton's name out there. I know a little bit about that stuff from covering some college football in the past, but it was very interesting.

- Nate

It needs to stay, hopefully, until after the Cardinals win the WS. No matter where I live, I will always remain loyal to the Cardinals. The good news is that they will be paying a visit to the Fruit Dome next year for a 3 game series VS the D-Rays.

i've explained my braves loyalty before. blame bing devine. i was in 4th grade and devine had the audacity to trade my favorite player, orlando cepeda, to the braves for tubby joe torre. i cried myself to sleep that night and vowed 1. to become a braves fan and 2. not a torre/cardinal fan.

i have since backed down quite a bit on the cardinal thing as i root for the cardinals when they arent playing the braves.

no worries on the $nyder thing. i still hate the cheating lying scum.

nobody wants to play Houston in the next round and on a personal basis I bought tickets to NLCS games 3 and 4 in Atlanta today in the lower bowl. Gotta love the lack of interest from the Braves fans. My guess is Turner field will look like Busch stadium south next weekend if your boys pull it out tonight.

wow, that is interesting. and it would look good in my basement sports bar. are you serious? assuming good condition i might be interested.

Yup .. Penn State. Used to be the only thing I had on the eastern side of Penna. Eagles were awful. Phils fell apart after the 64 collapse. Until the mid- to late-70's when Schmidt, Luzinski, and Bowa all grew up through the farm system. Of course, they clunked out in the playoffs until 80. Saw Wilt a couple of times as a kid but just could never get enough oomph up for the Sixers. It made my total disinterest in the current state of NBA affairs easiest to handle.

Anybody read Bill Simmons "Sports Guy" column in last week's ESPN: The Mag? He's demanding a trade to "US Weekly." Just because if Shaq, Vince Carter, TMac, ARod and others can do it, so can he. Funny column.

Anyway, Penn State has been in freefall for some time now. I don't think they can recover .... I can't see any kid who sees himself being in the NFL three or so years down the road going to Penn State at all. Maybe as a linebacker but even that has lost its luster. The last one out of there was Arrington and Short about three years ago. And despite the hype, Arrington doesn't impress me that much. Penn State never was "glamour" and I don' tthink they can be in the current era. State might find a golden nugget every now and then but I fear the past is long ago past for those guys. I am also in the "Joe Must Go" camp .... only because he's 77 years old and as long as he's there, the stigma continues. Sad to say, when he goes, I think the hwole staff needs to go. Passing the torch to Ganter or Hall will only continue the current perception. The Nittany Lions are NOT a top 25 team anymore. While they did play Purdue tough and make Orton earn his due (most say his Hesiman stock went down that day), that might be the best they can do.

They ar elosing to the likes of Minnesota and Wisconsin with way too much regularity now. Maryland and Syracuse might beat them with more regularity now than they used to. Sad state in Happy Valley.