Billiken Madness

Cowboy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing about how bad Guy Phillips is:

In basketball, you have maybe 15 names and faces to learn, including the walk-ons. You see them 18 times a season, plus additional events like the one Friday night. We all have access to their photos, names, bios, stats, etc.

Even in a season like this, where we have a lot of freshmen and transfers, you're still learning a total of 9 new players. And that's maybe the most new ones ever! He was getting French and Foreman mixed up, and they're returners.

The very baseline of competence for his position is being able to identify 15 people by name, face, and number and speaking into a microphone. That should take one round of preparation, just a little bit of legwork in advance to look at the roster, get the numbers and names, and start to become familiar with faces.

It takes a total, complete lack of professionalism to be so unprepared, so bad as to mix up two returning players multiple times. Not to mention a total lack of intellectual curiosity and self-respect. After messing up for so long, wouldn't you want to get it right? Isn't it a little humiliating? Do you care at all? Aren't you also conscious of the bad optics of an old white guy mixing up the names and faces of the players?

I just can't get over how bad he is. At this point, no amount of Kim Tucci money is worth it, if that is indeed the reason we keep shoveling this bloated gasbag out to humiliate the program.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, NextYearBill said:

do tell... pm me... im curious AF

I received a PM from a poster here named MariaReynolds. Here's what she said....and I quote:  "She said yes, bragged about it, found out he was seeing someone she bragged to and then guess what happened...?  There is a trend here alright and it starts in DuBourg."  

Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm going by what she told me in a PM.

13 minutes ago, Brighton said:

I received a PM from a poster here named MariaReynolds. Here's what she said....and I quote:  "She said yes, bragged about it, found out he was seeing someone she bragged to and then guess what happened...?  There is a trend here alright and it starts in DuBourg."  

may be way off-base here.  Sounds like, if true, nothing bad happened but ford wants nothing to do with the possibilities again?. 

19 minutes ago, Brighton said:

while we are all curious for information, when i get a pm (and i get a few), unless they tell you straight out ok to share, you really ought to respect the private message aspect.   

On 9/29/2018 at 11:21 AM, Pistol said:

That row of players is Lamontay Daughtery (green hoodie, mostly off screen), Dylan Branson, ??? (Should be able to figure him out when I’m not mobile), Luke Kasubke, and Davion Bradford.

Not sure who’s next to Hargrove. 

I saw the three Chicago kids there - Seryee Lewis, Keshawn Williams, and Reggie Strong.

The guy between Branson and Kasubke is Matteus Case, a transfer from Canada who is at Chaminade this year. Bio coming soon.

-thinking a bit more about Friday night, the bad-we need to have incentives other than the event itself to get students to attend, gosh I hope this changes soon; Gus and his errors - the not sure - that song at the end, perhaps it will catch on and become a tradition - the good - the event itself -  that the ADept or whoever provided the incentives to get the students to attend - the frosh guard on the women's team, hope there are pieces to help her - seeing the women and men on the floor, seasons will be here soon and men have a pre-season game THIS MONTH (sorry, don't have the sheet with the womens' schedule handy) - I didn't count the alley-oops in the scrimmage, but more in those 10 minutes than in how many of the prior seasons combined? - looking forward to DW getting involved - the recruits at the event - the group of what looked like students on the end opposite the stage that CFord acknowledged, hope they bring it every game - the talent on the floor for the men, let's have a whole lot of fun this season!

Was glad to see the women take their 8 mins. seriously. What was up with the men's team jacking around for their time? Been to a number of midnight madness type events over the years at different schools and never seen a team use their scrimmage time goofing off.