The Bills and Duq are even

The Wiz

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'll tell you what, Im extremely nervous about these last two games. 

At this point I think additional wins are gravy. I'd love to see the Bills make some noise in the A-10 tournament but won't be disappointed if the season ends with a whimper. With all that the team has fought through it's already a huge accomplishment to have gotten this far. (But I do love gravy.)

Zink likes this

1 minute ago, juniorbill76 said:

At this point I think additional wins are gravy. I'd love to see the Bills make some noise in the A-10 tournament but won't be disappointed if the season ends with a whimper. With all that the team has fought through it's already a huge accomplishment to have gotten this far. (But I do love gravy.)

Exactly.  After Goodwin was suspended, I predicted 1 or 2 more wins (including the conf tournament) and people piled on saying that even 1 win was expecting too much.  We've won 2 games which was the high end of my prediction.  I want more now and going on a crazy A-10 tournament run would be awesome, but I'm not really expecting anything.

36 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

agreed. I originally was in the group that said screw it, or I hope we win 11 games(last years amount) given the situation.  But considering how far we've made it this year, I want at least 18 wins for Roby. 

Well now you know why I said we only have a 23% chance of winning both games....because both games are tough wins.  The sad thing is we shot good enough to win....48/ 50 / 64....that line  in every game this year would have won 4 or 5 more games ...while we were still a little short on FTs ...1 or 2 more wouldn't have made a difference. ..yet we shot good enough to win.... We didn't stop Williams...20pts  7 rebs...yet even with his great game ...we shot good enough to win....Rebs....we tied them ...probably should have out reb them...yet we shot good enough to win. Verhoeven had 4 blks... yet we shot good enough to win

Well, if we shot good enough to win ...why didn't we?? Because we broke the Cardinal rule.....never give up 20 TOs in a game....it's like giving up 10 walks in a baseball game. Does it mean you lose for sure?...pretty much.  The only reason the game was close was because they  had a way too high 16....The 4 TO difference is worth 8 pts....and there is your ball game. The good news is that we have had a lot less high TO games this year compared to the last 3 years.  Assuming we continue to keep mistakes down the outlook for next year will be bright in that we will have a better shooting team.

Next year we will shoot good enough to win...and we will win

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well now you know why I said we only have a 23% chance of winning both games....because both games are tough wins.  The sad thing is we shot good enough to win....48/ 50 / 64....that line  in every game this year would have won 4 or 5 more games ...while we were still a little short on FTs ...1 or 2 more wouldn't have made a difference. ..yet we shot good enough to win.... We didn't stop Williams...20pts  7 rebs...yet even with his great game ...we shot good enough to win....Rebs....we tied them ...probably should have out reb them...yet we shot good enough to win. Verhoeven had 4 blks... yet we shot good enough to win

Well, if we shot good enough to win ...why didn't we?? Because we broke the Cardinal rule.....never give up 20 TOs in a game....it's like giving up 10 walks in a baseball game. Does it mean you lose for sure?...pretty much.  The only reason the game was close was because they  had a way too high 16....The 4 TO difference is worth 8 pts....and there is your ball game. The good news is that we have had a lot less high TO games this year compared to the last 3 years.  Assuming we continue to keep mistakes down the outlook for next year will be bright in that we will have a better shooting team.

Next year we will shoot good enough to win...and we will win

In a game where Hines outscores Lewis, we should win. Turnovers were bad, but as you pointed out, they had a bunch too. The difference was their bigs aren't very good, yet they outplayed us. We should have had a huge advantage. Their big goofy freshman who averages 3 ppg had a career night, plus French didn't do much (teams are starting to key on him) and Foreman did absolutely nothing. He's got to do more. He was also a non-factor in the close road loss at Dayton. Foreman had 21 points the first time we played the Dukes. He had 1 last night.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

In a game where Hines outscores Lewis, we should win. Turnovers were bad, but as you pointed out, they had a bunch too. The difference was their bigs aren't very good, yet they outplayed us. We should have had a huge advantage. Their big goofy freshman who averages 3 ppg had a career night, plus French didn't do much (teams are starting to key on him) and Foreman did absolutely nothing. He's got to do more. He was also a non-factor in the close road loss at Dayton. Foreman had 21 points the first time we played the Dukes. He had 1 last night.

-yeah, not sure what to say about Foreman, I wonder if he is hurt? we could certainly use all around contributions from another source 

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think the issues you point out ....players being keyed on...players having off nights...can be resolved with some depth. If a player is being keyed on you can put some new people in and mix it up. When a player is having an off night , you can put someone else in. However, when you don't have depth ...you don't have options.  Not to mention there is more fatigue as the season wears on.  There are not too many teams that have lost 5 players this season.  Think of it , we have lost the equivalent of an entire team.  I think Ford has done a remarkable job this year.

Pistol and TheDude like this

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think the issues you point out ....players being keyed on...players having off nights...can be resolved with some depth. If a player is being keyed on you can put some new people in and mix it up. When a player is having an off night , you can put someone else in. However, when you don't have depth ...you don't have options.  Not to mention there is more fatigue as the season wears on.  There are not too many teams that have lost 5 players this season.  Think of it , we have lost the equivalent of an entire team.  I think Ford has done a remarkable job this year.

I have no doubt those issues will be resolved next year and I think Ford has done a fine job this year and perhaps even more impressive was managing 6 conference wins last season. Forget about S2 for a second, I think if we just have a healthy Welmer, the record looks a lot different. Detroit, Oregon State, Davidson, Mason, VCU (OT), Dayton, and Dukes - not a stretch to think Welmer would give us 3 or 4 more wins.