To tell the truth

mbart33

Fact: the girls are the ones who invited the boys into the room for sex, it was planned out three days before hand

fact: the school blamed the boys period, the girls have not been disciplined -still in there activity's

fact: two of the girls refused to talk to the investigator's

Fact: unless something positive happens here we will lose our best player

fact: police found nothing wrong here-no charges

if slu admin thinks kids are not having sex in the dorms---- there crazy

gentlemen, i ask you if a good looking girl asked to  go to bed with her--- you'd do it--after all your in college

but what if after she went to hospital and claimed rape --it's BS

all this information above came from scott Rosenblum the three's attorney

I do not agree with all of the above, especially the line starting with 'Gentlemen' or the line thereafter.  I think you should honestly edit them out.

My main concern is that the school is going to do the same thing it did in 2010, harm someone for proximity to the crime.  Hold everyone accountable for the misdeeds of maybe 1 or 2 people.  In fact, even without knowing all of the facts, I am going to throw out a guarantee we will find that in the police report, just from the basic facts we have all heard.  I don't see how a punishment which harms bystanders really teaches anyone appropriately lessons.  Also, I don't see how an 18 month or 2 year suspension really teaches anyone anything.  Teaching is the point, right?  Either you expel them, or you are seeking to rehabilitate them.   1 year maximum, teaches everything a person needs to know.  Beyond that, it appears more vindictive, done with the intent to harm the player on a personal level. Also, it seems ridiculous, and once again vindictive, not to consider time served.

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I do not agree with all of the above, especially the line starting with 'Gentlemen' or the line thereafter.  I think you should honestly edit them out.

My main concern is that the school is going to do the same thing it did in 2010, harm someone for proximity to the crime.  Hold everyone accountable for the misdeeds of maybe 1 or 2 people.  In fact, even without knowing all of the facts, I am going to throw out a guarantee we will find that in the police report, just from the basic facts we have all heard.  I don't see how a punishment which harms bystanders really teaches anyone appropriately lessons.  Also, I don't see how an 18 month or 2 year suspension really teaches anyone anything.  Because that is the point, right?  Either you expel them, or you are seeking to rehabilitate them.   1 year maximum, teaches everything a person needs to know.  Beyond that, it appears more vindictive, done with the intent to harm the player on a personal level. Also, it seems ridiculous, and once again vindictive, not to consider time served.

If it was all consensual why do they need to teach them anything? Maybe SLU needs to be a little more active  and teach all the young heathens on campus a lesson.

52 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

If it was all consensual why do they need to teach them anything? Maybe SLU needs to be a little more active  and teach all the young heathens on campus a lesson.

That's definitely a +1 - I believe that has been discussed ad naseum on this board - is Saint Louis University and the SLU Athletic Dept. creating an environment where its simply setting young men up for failure? With all the NFL Rookie Symposiums, etc. to lean on for guidance, could SLU or Chris May simply take a small page out of this book and incorporate it for a group of 18-22 year old men who are venturing onto a college campus for the first time? Who are away from their support systems, their families, pastors, etc... we are all human and the road is rife with temptation, but it's how our student-athletes are taught to compartmentalize and make decisions that should benefit them, not harm them, that should be the major points of emphasis here. It's great our school involves our athletes in the community with service and the like, but they also need a little personal steering and guidance.

I put it on Saint Louis University - this in an indictment of its inability to lead. We are simply playing from behind and its killing us.

46 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

That's definitely a +1 - I believe that has been discussed ad naseum on this board - is Saint Louis University and the SLU Athletic Dept. creating an environment where its simply setting young men up for failure? With all the NFL Rookie Symposiums, etc. to lean on for guidance, could SLU or Chris May simply take a small page out of this book and incorporate it for a group of 18-22 year old men who are venturing onto a college campus for the first time? Who are away from their support systems, their families, pastors, etc... we are all human and the road is rife with temptation, but it's how our student-athletes are taught to compartmentalize and make decisions that should benefit them, not harm them, that should be the major points of emphasis here. It's great our school involves our athletes in the community with service and the like, but they also need a little personal steering and guidance.

I put it on Saint Louis University - this in an indictment of its inability to lead. We are simply playing from behind and its killing us.

They do,beginning the first day that a student athlete is on campus. It's an ongoing program throughout an athlete's time on campus. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Then where is the disconnect? 

Perhaps the disconnect pertains to instructions about cameras and social media.  After all, the preparation is about avoiding non-consensual activity.  These women wanted, maybe even initially planned, to have a sexual encounter with these guys, so the symposiums don't come into play, in their minds.  They had the consent they'd been told to procure.

13 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

18-20 year old kids.... they aint trying to hear all that 

I was thinking the disconnect comes from the athletic department, not the kids. I understand this alleged “program” is in place, but when and where are the touch points throughout the four years? What is the continuing education emphasis? I get what you are saying, but if the AD wants to avoid situations 1, 2 and beyond, wouldn’t you think they’d be in a continuous state of education/coaching with our student athletes? We don’t have 25 varsity sports like a State school, we don’t have football. We don’t even have golf anymore. The resources should be there. And there’s no excuse. 

We have people in place to make sure kids make the grade. Why aren’t there people in place to make sure these events aren’t such a catclysmic problem or epidemic? 

Chris May - you can do more. 

30 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

I was thinking the disconnect comes from the athletic department, not the kids. I understand this alleged “program” is in place, but when and where are the touch points throughout the four years? What is the continuing education emphasis? I get what you are saying, but if the AD wants to avoid situations 1, 2 and beyond, wouldn’t you think they’d be in a continuous state of education/coaching with our student athletes? We don’t have 25 varsity sports like a State school, we don’t have football. We don’t even have golf anymore. The resources should be there. And there’s no excuse. 

We have people in place to make sure kids make the grade. Why aren’t there people in place to make sure these events aren’t such a catclysmic problem or epidemic? 

Chris May - you can do more. 

They have a program all athletes must take. But again. We are talking about 19-21 year old college kids in today's society.

40 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

They have a program all athletes must take. But again. We are talking about 19-21 year old college kids in today's society.

Where I’m kind of shaking my head is the rate at which it is happening at SLU versus the rates of situations not happening at equally sized universities. And getting to the root of the problem and where it is manifesting itself is with the athletic department. Not buying the kids will be kids argument when adults in charge should be protecting the investments (at the least) the university has made with each student athlete - both male and female. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Where I’m kind of shaking my head is the rate at which it is happening at SLU versus the rates of situations not happening at equally sized universities. And getting to the root of the problem and where it is manifesting itself is with the athletic department. Not buying the kids will be kids argument when adults in charge should be protecting the investments (at the least) the university has made with each student athlete - both male and female. 

I'm not so sure it doesn't happen at other places in a like amount. It may be, that the SLU "gold standard approach" is more extreme than others. Can there be a doubt!

SLU began educating the student athletes on their responsibilities 10 years ago. Our approach has been emulated throughout the A-10. 

I've been told that similar issues arise in the general student body regularly. Typically, one or more per weekend. Not to be a morality cop, but hooking up is the new norm, and it causes problems. 

6 hours ago, slufanskip said:

And IF it was all consensual, shouldn’t the females who filed a false police report suffer repercussions? How is falsely accusing someone of tape not against student policy? 

4 minutes ago, MyDadRaisedMeABilliken said:

And IF it was all consensual, shouldn’t the females who filed a false police report suffer repercussions? How is falsely accusing someone of tape not against student policy? 

How about if it was consensual, then didn't the girls break the same exact conduct rules?  

slufanskip likes this

maybe im naive but the fact that there was suspensions and expulsions means there mustve been some likely evidence of rape.......of course we will never know everything going on in the case it is all speculation,,, but of course there must have been some misconduct and some evidence or testimony to result in such a harsh punishments,,, yeah it sucks for the team,,, but people should look at the flipside and consider if these girls were raped,,, it takes a lot for an average girl to open up about a rape incident these days,,more often then not a girl will never speak of an incident again then go and exaggerate or make up an incident,,, this dude who posted first really seems inconsiderate,,  i know a lot would like to believe ,,,,oh the girl is just crying wolf at making it up,,, but to think realistically about this situation,, something unethical likely happened,,,,, guess its different if it was your daughter,,,, a lot of you seem super inconsiderate to the fact these girls were possibly raped by strong athletes,,,anyway if these "athletes" were in close relationships with the girls in the first place or in serious relationships rather then just trying to hook up this would never happen anyway,,, i honestly don't wont any of these on SLUs team... maybe im the first person to say I dont want the kids on the team,,,, and them for what they supposedly did,,, i wish they wouldve suspended all three of them,,,

we could easily be 6-1 in A-10 if our shots fell so thats some good news

1 minute ago, youjustgotKMed said:

maybe im naive but the fact that there was suspensions and expulsions means there mustve been some likely evidence of rape.......of course we will never know everything going on in the case it is all speculation,,, but of course there must have been some misconduct and some evidence or testimony to result in such a harsh punishments,,, yeah it sucks for the team,,, but people should look at the flipside and consider if these girls were raped,,, it takes a lot for an average girl to open up about a rape incident these days,,more often then not a girl will never speak of an incident again then go and exaggerate or make up an incident,,, this dude who posted first really seems inconsiderate,,  i know a lot would like to believe ,,,,oh the girl is just crying wolf at making it up,,, but to think realistically about this situation,, something unethical likely happened,,,,, guess its different if it was your daughter,,,, anyway we could easily be 6-1 in A-10 if our shots fell so thats some good news

Do you like to plug your ears and yell “LA LA LA LA I can’t hear you” when someone has evidence that you’re wrong?

2 minutes ago, youjustgotKMed said:

maybe im naive but the fact that there was suspensions and expulsions means there mustve been some likely evidence of rape.......of course we will never know everything going on in the case it is all speculation,,, but of course there must have been some misconduct and some evidence or testimony to result in such a harsh punishments,,, yeah it sucks for the team,,, but people should look at the flipside and consider if these girls were raped,,, it takes a lot for an average girl to open up about a rape incident these days,,more often then not a girl will never speak of an incident again then go and exaggerate or make up an incident,,, this dude who posted first really seems inconsiderate,,  i know a lot would like to believe ,,,,oh the girl is just crying wolf at making it up,,, but to think realistically about this situation,, something unethical likely happened,,,,, guess its different if it was your daughter,,,, anyway we could easily be 6-1 in A-10 if our shots fell so thats some good news

Have you been following along?

3 minutes ago, youjustgotKMed said:

Bad post. Horrible Post.  I’m out of reactions. 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

i don't want possible rapists on SLU's team,,,if the kids would have been closer with these girls and not just trying to hook up this would never have happened,,, and the fact it was possibly filmed makes me want to vomit all over myself....

Just now, youjustgotKMed said:

i don't want possible rapists on SLU's team,,,if the kids would have been closer with these girls and not just trying to hook up this would never have happened,,, and the fact it was possibly filmed makes me want to vomit all over myself....

There was no rape. Police wrapped up their investigation within a week and concluded that nothing criminal occurred. I don't understand how people are still this clueless about the situation after 5 months... 

3 minutes ago, youjustgotKMed said:

You’re awful writing style makes me wanna vomit all over myself